Give up?

Gekko

Give up?

Post by Gekko » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

It looks like the 14th place team in that same league has packed it in too. He has 3 DL guys in the lineup and Mauer and Sandoval on the bench.

It's disappointing to see this in the NFBC. beautiful league makeup. all the other teams battling in the overall really appreciate dead teams :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DOUGHBOYS

Give up?

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:19 am

I don't think of Kent as a hypocrite. I think of him as a friend. One with a big heart.

I have a nice relationship with most on this thread, and in kind, respect most of these folks.

I know that if we were all in person that most would be laughing about this thread over a beer, some at our own expense.

Comparing the Gannon team with Kent's is silly. The Gannon team was a scam from the start. VIP parties and celebs was a Ryan E thing. He didn't care about the Gannon team. Only the Gannon name.

Every one of us, including Kent, goes into the season with best intentions for our teams.

The Gannon team didn't.

There's no comparison.

Five years ago the Chest Rockwell of then would be calling out the Chest Rockwell of present. If that's being a hypocrite, then fine.

But, he is more like the boy in second grade

In second grade, the boy said he'd never kiss a girl. By seventh grade, he was trying to go BEYOND kissing a girl.

Times change. Our vigor for the hobby wanes. Even during the course of a season

It's not being a hypocrite. It's life.

Fantasy baseball isn't a top priority for Kent any longer. His team suffered because of it.

Not a big deal.

Some are saying this affects the overall.

Bull.

Folks drop out every year and how it helps one person vying for the overall over another is beyond me. Especially since there will be at least five-10 teams doing the same by the end of the year.

It happens every year.

Kent got called out because of his Boards celeb and because of a running feud.

Just as an aside, I had Buster Posey on a Main team this year too. It took me two weeks to even decide whether to replace him or not. Is a Houston or KC catcher really an improvement over Posey in the hospital?

The BA takes a huge hit and the peripherals hardly move from week to week.

Anyway, I just wanted folks to know that behind that Chest Rockwell persona is a guy with a heart of gold.

Judging him by how he's handled his team while he is going through stuff that you and I would find hard to handle is harsh.

Too harsh.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Cocktails and Dreams

Give up?

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 am

Easy on the Royals catching corps Dough.

:cool:

Quahogs

Give up?

Post by Quahogs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

Easy on the Royals catching corpses Dough.

:cool: couldnt resist :D

DOUGHBOYS

Give up?

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 am

:D :D :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

rockitsauce

Give up?

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I swear as God as my witness I will beat the living sh!t out of your uneducated white trash face. [/QB]Sounds like a guy w/ a heart of gold.
Always be closing.

Chest Rockwell

Give up?

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

I don't think of Kent as a hypocrite. I think of him as a friend. One with a big heart.

I have a nice relationship with most on this thread, and in kind, respect most of these folks.

I know that if we were all in person that most would be laughing about this thread over a beer, some at our own expense.

Comparing the Gannon team with Kent's is silly. The Gannon team was a scam from the start. VIP parties and celebs was a Ryan E thing. He didn't care about the Gannon team. Only the Gannon name.

Every one of us, including Kent, goes into the season with best intentions for our teams.

The Gannon team didn't.

There's no comparison.

Five years ago the Chest Rockwell of then would be calling out the Chest Rockwell of present. If that's being a hypocrite, then fine.

But, he is more like the boy in second grade

In second grade, the boy said he'd never kiss a girl. By seventh grade, he was trying to go BEYOND kissing a girl.

Times change. Our vigor for the hobby wanes. Even during the course of a season

It's not being a hypocrite. It's life.

Fantasy baseball isn't a top priority for Kent any longer. His team suffered because of it.

Not a big deal.

Some are saying this affects the overall.

Bull.

Folks drop out every year and how it helps one person vying for the overall over another is beyond me. Especially since there will be at least five-10 teams doing the same by the end of the year.

It happens every year.

Kent got called out because of his Boards celeb and because of a running feud.

Just as an aside, I had Buster Posey on a Main team this year too. It took me two weeks to even decide whether to replace him or not. Is a Houston or KC catcher really an improvement over Posey in the hospital?

The BA takes a huge hit and the peripherals hardly move from week to week.

Anyway, I just wanted folks to know that behind that Chest Rockwell persona is a guy with a heart of gold.

Judging him by how he's handled his team while he is going through stuff that you and I would find hard to handle is harsh.

Too harsh. I said I was done posting and then I see people like Dan and Wayne being what they are good friends.

Couple of points of clarification. My desire for this game is 10% of what it was in 2005. I came very close to not playing this year and probably should not have. My big debate is the nfbc happens the slowest month of the year for me job wise. I enjoy the time in Vegas and I enjoy seeing old friends. I also enjoy supporting a person who has become a friend in Greg's business endeavor.

I do not regret in the least how I responded to Rocket Sauce. I did not accept what he labels as an apology because he went some place he should not have when he said hurtful things about the person I love most and he has never even met. I do not like him and never will. If you accept what he wrote as anything other than trying to rehash trouble, if you see him as a victim, if you see him as someone who has not said those exact types of things to me then so be it. The whole subject is petty and I am ashamed to have associated myself with it.

Sorry got a little off target here as I have no interest in boring anyone reading this with a public feud. What I got worked up and did not say is that I hate having a dead team and should have handled that better. I should have reached out and had someone take it over. My rational was I want to sink to the very bottom and not impact my individual league. I also think/hope that team has no impact on the overall.

Maybe I was not correct, but my heart was in the right spot.

Big decision for me next March. In all honesty I will probably be back because I like seeing Andy, Dan, Greg, Neal, Charlie, Chris, Wayne, Clum, Oakchunas, Ken M, Shawn, Kevin etc way too much not to. I just need to do a better job.

As far as being criticized just about every post I have seen here besides my pal RS is completely warranted. You cannot bust balls as much as I do without expecting it in return. If you walked up to me in Vegas and said it to my face I would just say I blew it didn't I- now tell me about yourself and who you like this year. Good luck everyone!

Cocktails and Dreams

Give up?

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 am

Just food for thought to address the situation Chest. Would it make sense to pick up a bunch of DL pitchers so you miss the innings limit so all of your pitching sinks to bottom. And put in DL bats and take some studs out of the player pool in your league that you drop? Thus you could sink to bottom ideally in all categories besides BA and thus allow almost everyone to pass you in every category. Haven't looked at your league standings to know if you could possibly fall to bottom or not in everything, just wondering if that might be the most fair way of handling it so as few as possible get directly helped or hurt by your teams stats? I doubt it will matter anyway, just tossing the idea out there as then people will just be affected by lack of competetive bidding and not so much direct stats.

Chest Rockwell

Give up?

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

Just food for thought to address the situation Chest. Would it make sense to pick up a bunch of DL pitchers so you miss the innings limit so all of your pitching sinks to bottom. And put in DL bats and take some studs out of the player pool in your league that you drop? Thus you could sink to bottom ideally in all categories besides BA and thus allow almost everyone to pass you in every category. Haven't looked at your league standings to know if you could possibly fall to bottom or not in everything, just wondering if that might be the most fair way of handling it so as few as possible get directly helped or hurt by your teams stats? I doubt it will matter anyway, just tossing the idea out there as then people will just be affected by lack of competetive bidding and not so much direct stats. Chad I will take a peak over the weekend. I have tried to actually avoid taking studs out of the free agent pool because I did not want to take him from a team that matters. This whole thing was avoidable and my fault. I still do not see a scenario where I impact the league at all from my lack of activity. If I do on a second look I will try to remedy it.

I am going to try to go the allstar game in KC next year. If I have an extra ticket I will be calling.... Something tells me you are already going though.

rockitsauce

Give up?

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Most folks here could probably give a sh!t and I don't blame them, but since fancy pants is gonna continue his siren song about how I insulted his sweet angel of a wife I'd like to clarify exactly what was said.

This stupid soap opera began over 4 yrs ago and as is his standard operating procedure, Chest Rockwell loves to stick his nose in other folks' business, as he did w/ myself & Patrick aka God Loves You. After exchanging insults for a while I told Chester that he looked like a cross b/w King Kong Bundy & a serial killer.

Perhaps he was being self deprecating, but he admitted although he was a fat ugly bald SOB, he still had a beautiful wife. I implied she musta married for $...there it is my great sin against Lord Stermon. I didn't say SHE was ugly or a prostitute or far nastier things (nor would I) AND as has been stated numerous times I apologized for it. It was NEVER my intent to insult her (though inadvertently I did), at that time my focus had been on what a complete moron I think HE is.

I know what is in my heart and that I was sincere AND I also meant it when I wanted to bury the hatchet w/ him as well. Apparently there is no apology that will suffice a pig headed person like him. Fair enough, at least I NOW know there was NEVER any chance of him being a better man (as I felt I was) and putting this childish BS behind us.

This is the same guy (before my heinous comments) who routinely mocked myself and others who only compete in cheap satellites. We don't deserve to have opinions or comment about anything b/c we don't shell out the big bucks for the main event. He has continued to insult me & make snide comments, once I had to laugh when he said there were but 2 people in nfbc he disliked, myself & wait for it....PATRICK aka God Loves You. The ironic thing about that of course is Pat & I are friends. When Dan mentioned people losing the desire to compete in fant. baseball, that is what happened to Pat. He also has a large family to care for so finances weigh on him too.

The sad thing is, had Kent not been a get the last word in kinda guy and block me from sending him a pm I honestly believe we could've worked this out long ago.

Forgot to add, he pulled the same tough guy crap w/ Pat...."wait til we're in the same room, blah blah blah" What do you think happened when they were in the same room?

Pat when up and introduced himself and THE internet tough guy basically ignored him.

TALK IS CHEAP.

[ July 22, 2011, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: rockitsauce ]
Always be closing.

TOXIC ASSETS

Give up?

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I swear as God as my witness I will beat the living sh!t out of your uneducated white trash face. [/QB]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a guy w/ a heart of gold.

--------------------------------------------------------

That's the funniest thing I've seen on here in quite a while.

Head 2 Head

Give up?

Post by Head 2 Head » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:20 am

Chester - Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and family. Life does get in way, and sometimes Fantasy helps us get by as a distraction.

Gary
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

rockitsauce

Give up?

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:14 am

This should be my last post on this thread, but I've learned that despite the best intentions that ain't always the case. The following words come from one of Chester's last posts:

Chest Rockwell: "I do not regret in the least how I responded to Rocket Sauce".

RockitSauce: I never would've guessed.

CR: "I do not like him and never will".

RS: That doesn't sound very christian...I thought forgiveness was at the heart of that religion. (although based on the events in Norway, I can see that muslims do not have a monopoly on evil. What am I talking about I already knew that...killing of abortion providing dr's, catholic priests affinity for young children, westboro baptist church, etc.

CR: "If you accept what he wrote as anything other than trying to rehash trouble"

RS: I'm "rehashing trouble"???, you admit you were wrong and that everybody was justified in what they said in this thread except the guy who brought it up. Which one of us veered off the topic of your quitting on your leaguemates and turned it into a threatening rant towards me? Then on top of that, in order to divert attention away from the issue, you proclaim life got in the way, as if nobody else competing here has problems to deal w/. Looks like somebodys been studying the ways of Karl Rove.

CR: "if you see him as a victim, if you see him as someone who has not said those exact types of things to me then so be it".

RS: I can't recall ever threatening you w/ physical harm...certainly never said anything like this: "I swear as God as my witness I will beat the living sh!t out of your uneducated white trash face"....once again how very christian of you Kent! Sounds like someone needs to go back to bible study :eek:

CR: "Maybe I was not correct, but my heart was in the right spot".

RS: OHHHHHHHHHH, YOUR HEART WAS IN THE RIGHT SPOT b/c Lord Stermon is beyond reproach, but ol white trash over here couldn't possibly mean what he says. Could you be more arrogant? Let me tell you something white Rerun, you're not nearly the honorable saint you must think you are.

CR: "As far as being criticized just about every post I have seen here besides my pal RS is completely warranted".

RS: So 50 people could tell you the sky is blue, but if I do it's grey...makes sense. I suppose I should expect that type of logic from you.

CR: "You cannot bust balls as much as I do without expecting it in return".

RS: You got that right chief.

p.s. While having trouble w/ your & you're (thank you Scott) at least this piece of uneducated white trash can spell. You PEEK at a schedule. PEAK refers to a mountaintop...or antifreeze
Always be closing.

Chest Rockwell

Give up?

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:11 am

http://www.myspace.com/thekingkongbundy

Just a little something for you to take a 'peak' at when you start missing me and want to obsess some more. If you have this then maybe you can leave me alone.

Gary and the many,many friends who have reached out to me over the part of this not involving me acting like an idiot thank you. We lost a very beloved family member after being on life support for a long while because of driving drunk on a motorcycle. Just another reminder of why not to do that. This week ended a rough patch for my family one that I hope none of you ever have to experience. Thanks for sticking by me even when I act badly and get in the weeds with that guy.

The Mighty Men

Give up?

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 am

Originally posted by rockitsauce:

RS: That doesn't sound very christian...I thought forgiveness was at the heart of that religion. (although based on the events in Norway, I can see that muslims do not have a monopoly on evil. What am I talking about I already knew that...killing of abortion providing dr's, catholic priests affinity for young children, westboro baptist church, etc. As you have deemed fit, you have unrelentingly come down on Kent and not let him up. OK. You have that option. But when you start attacking Christianity as a whole (and you are with that post), then it gets me.

I would appreciate it if you would not lump radical evil people who call themselves Christian into a general class of Christians as a whole. Humans have a monopoly on a sinful nature and easily fall into evil deeds, not one class of people or another.

Thanks.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

rockitsauce

Give up?

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I had typed this far too long msg and hit send right as I was leaving work at 7...should've just sent Jack a pm.

[ July 24, 2011, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: rockitsauce ]
Always be closing.

Money

Give up?

Post by Money » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:39 pm

OK guys, call a truce or a cease fire and call it a day. I've been guilty in some threads of taking them to long. You're both passionate about what you believe. Lets turn these boards back over to Doughy.

Dan, When do we get to check back in with the boys at camp?
Joe

Cocktails and Dreams

Give up?

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

quote:Originally posted by rockitsauce:

RS: That doesn't sound very christian...I thought forgiveness was at the heart of that religion. (although based on the events in Norway, I can see that muslims do not have a monopoly on evil. What am I talking about I already knew that...killing of abortion providing dr's, catholic priests affinity for young children, westboro baptist church, etc. As you have deemed fit, you have unrelentingly come down on Kent and not let him up. OK. You have that option. But when you start attacking Christianity as a whole (and you are with that post), then it gets me.

I would appreciate it if you would not lump radical evil people who call themselves Christian into a general class of Christians as a whole. Humans have a monopoly on a sinful nature and easily fall into evil deeds, not one class of people or another.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]Well said. By the way Chest, if you come up with an extra let me know. Do not have plans to go at this time, but that will likely change when we get closer.

GoodnGodless

Give up?

Post by GoodnGodless » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I would appreciate it if we left religion and politics out of these threads and out of baseball. I wold appreciate it if our national anthem was replaced with "take me out to the ball game" and he seventh inning stretch played the most popular pop song ever created in the home team city. I would appreciate more fun and less real world.
If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play? - George Carlin

CC's Desperados

Give up?

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 am

Originally posted by GoodnGodless:

I would appreciate it if we left religion and politics out of these threads and out of baseball. I wold appreciate it if our national anthem was replaced with "take me out to the ball game" and he seventh inning stretch played the most popular pop song ever created in the home team city. I would appreciate more fun and less real world. I've had the pleasure of talking to Mr. Anthony on multiple occasions. He has great passion for baseball and I person I look forward to shaking his hand one day in Vegas.

Life can be tough at times and we all have many things that take time away from the game we love. I sorry to hear Kent is going through a tough time. We had a very good dinner meeting with friends the past March in Las Vegas.

I can see the rub between the two. I wish Kent would have explain his situation rather than take the approach he did. David challenged him based on his past feelings on a similar team management situation.

At no point was his challenge worthy of the belittling he took based on him not knowing any of Kent's situation.

rockitsauce

Give up?

Post by rockitsauce » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

I've had the pleasure of talking to Mr. Anthony on multiple occasions. He has great passion for baseball and I person I look forward to shaking his hand one day in Vegas.

Life can be tough at times and we all have many things that take time away from the game we love. I sorry to hear Kent is going through a tough time. We had a very good dinner meeting with friends the past March in Las Vegas.

I can see the rub between the two. I wish Kent would have explain his situation rather than take the approach he did. David challenged him based on his past feelings on a similar team management situation.

At no point was his challenge worthy of the belittling he took based on him not knowing any of Kent's situation. [/QB]Thank you Shawn. He's not just a Hall of Fame fantasy sports player. He is a Hall of Fame human being.

[ July 28, 2011, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: rockitsauce ]
Always be closing.

ScottieBaseball

Give up?

Post by ScottieBaseball » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 am

I haven't given up by any means, am still active in all of my leagues. Being pretty new to baseball, I learned a lot this year, when and when not to save your FAAB money and the like.

I still have a chance in a couple of leagues this year. Would like to do the Auction again next year but will hold back on some of the other leagues...
"I always turn to the sports page first....They record people's accomplishments; the front page, nothing but man's failure." -Earl Warren
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation 2nd Place