NFBC and STATS Fixes

DOUGHBOYS

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:11 am

There were relatively few squawks during this fantasy season concerning the NFBC website.

Stats over Fanball is the major reason, of course.

This isn't a put down or jab at Stats, but there are some things that could be better.

I'll start a list and others can chime in on what they would like to see in 2012.

1. Live Scoring-

This has been the worst part of the site. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes the k's and saves are cut off where we can't see them, sometimes they're not.

Sometimes the hitters work and the pitching doesn't.

Stats is subpar here and they shouldn't be subpar to ANYBODY.

CBS Sportsline even shows the game situation and lights up your players name if he is involved in a fantasy at bat or pitch. I'd like to see Stats do something like that.

2. The ability to toggle (I think that's the word) between rosters or faab or whatever page we are on between all of our owned teams, instead of going back to the 'My teams' page for each league.

This would be a huge help, especially on Sundays when things are time sensitive.

3. Make the option of having an 'auto one pick' available for slow drafts in the drafting room, BEFORE the slo-draft season starts.

These are the things that came to the forefront for me. I'm sure others will have opinions about these changes and maybe some of their own fixes.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Cornhusker

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Cornhusker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 am

1. One pick auto is a must.

2. DC bench hitters and pitchers should be separated on the lineup page.

JEagle

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by JEagle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Stats is inferior to sportsline. I would give anything for our site to work like theirs....just sayin
Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad....but I always try real hard.

Red Sox Nation-

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Originally posted by JEagle:

Stats is inferior to sportsline. I would give anything for our site to work like theirs....just sayin Maybe the live scoring is better but the sportsline FAAB system is horrific.

NorCalAtlFan

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:10 pm

these are things that we shouldn't have to ask for. but now that we are, hopefully they will be implemented in a timely manner.

JohnP

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by JohnP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 pm

It would be nice to get everything down to a certain number of decimal places so that the live stats (when working) fit on one page. Often times the ratio categories get extended too far and we lose the last few columns.

PittIsIt95

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by PittIsIt95 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 am

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation-:

quote:Originally posted by JEagle:

Stats is inferior to sportsline. I would give anything for our site to work like theirs....just sayin Maybe the live scoring is better but the sportsline FAAB system is horrific. [/QUOTE]Sportsline has the WORST Free Agent functionality known to man. I want to know what moron came up with that archiac cumbersome process and who rubberstamped it. I vomit everytime I have to use it for my local football league. Complete and utter garbage

DOUGHBOYS

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am

Updating the thread-

1. Live Scoring Fix

2. Toggle between team pages

3. 'Auto One' for slo-drafts

4. Hitters, pitchers separated on DC rosters
On my tombstone-

EA Sports

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by EA Sports » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:21 am

I second all of Doughboys suggestions. Well done sir!
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight

Cowboy Joe

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Cowboy Joe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:13 am

On the team stats page, I would like to be able to see stats for 7, 14, and 30 day periods. Even better, I'd like to have the ability to insert the start and end dates when looking at the stats.

On the player stats page, I would like to be able to sort by fantasy team (with FAs combined as a distinct team).

Overall, great job on stats this year. I was very pleased.
I feel like I'm the Jerry Quarry of the NFBC.

Duranimal

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Duranimal » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 am

Player info is also subpar and not updated frequently enough.

Spyhunter

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Spyhunter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I have been waiting for the simple things: like the ability to add a free agent pickup from the player profile page.....

DOUGHBOYS

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 am

1. Live Scoring Fix

5. Selecting time frames in which to view stats.

6. The ability to select free agents from player profile pages.

Live scoring seems to be the dominant concern.

Once the slo draft season starts though, the 'auto one' will become a very important addition.

Is this the complete list?
On my tombstone-

Money

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Money » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:21 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

1. Live Scoring Fix

Once the slo draft season starts though, the 'auto one' will become a very important addition.

Is this the complete list? [/QUOTE

I think you nailed it Dan. Nice recap.

There are many aspects of Live Scoring that could be enhanced. Hopefully it will carry a high priority this off season.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

1. Live Scoring Fix

Is this the complete list? Thanks for the list Dan. Just an FYI: Tom and I spent part of this week in Chicago meeting with our team about 2011 NFBC and preparing for 2012. All of these except No. 6 were discussed. I hope we agree that most of these are enhancements or improvements rather than fixes. Nothing was broke in 2011, but we agree we can improve on many of the items you mentioned.

I did ask about No. 5 and viewing time frames. Isn't that under the STATS link, under PLAYER STATS? There I see a Last 7 Days link, a Last 2 Weeks link, a Last 3 Weeks link and a Last 30 Days link. Under FREE AGENTS, I see the same links. Am I missing anything on this request?

Auto One is on our agenda. Doing two separate ques of Auto Picks isn't feasible, but creating just one round of Auto-Picks and not allowing a second Auto-Pick can be done. We're on this request and I believe it will be done this season.

Toggle between team pages is do-able. Separation of players on your team pages is being looked at, too. Tom and I had a few other requests, so this list is minor. ;) But I must say, I couldn't be happier about the functionality of our NFBC game site and we'll tweak that, we'll tweak the draft software, we'll enhance the Slow Draft software and we'll improve where we can. EVERYONE is committed to make 2012 an even better season than 2011. And again, considering that STATS had a couple of weeks to get this season up and roaring for us, it's AMAZING what those guys did for us in 2011.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 am

As for Live Scoring, be more specific in your requests. What exactly would you like to see improved with Live Scoring? Speed and reliability are always something EVERY site wants to improve and we're no different. But if it's layout concerns, let us know. We have the MLB Live Scoring section on that page that I think is nice, but maybe we can do something there that helps with our overall display. Give us some more suggestions and we'll look into them. Thanks.

[ September 30, 2011, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 am

Greg, I don't know about others pages, but I only get zeroes for players over those time frames.

More folks 'watch' scoring through live scoring than I would have guessed. I spend most of my nights at the ballpark, so others will probably chime in on how live scoring can be improved.

From what I've seen, the decimal places ruin the last two categories for pitching, cutting off strike outs and saves.

Some nights, the hitters would be shown, not pitchers.

STATS should have the abilty to signal to us through live scoring whether one of our players is up or pitching. That would be a good addition.

I, for one, am a fan of STATS. When given a task, they usually excel like no other service.

With taking over so late in the year last year, I think they've done a tremendous job in this first year.

This is just a list that'll make things a little more enjoyable for folks.

Already you guys are on the ball and looking into next year.

Awesome.

Hell, last year we didn't even know if there was going to be a this year!
On my tombstone-

Money

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Money » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:13 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

As for Live Scoring, be more specific in your requests. What exactly would you like to see improved with Live Scoring? Speed and reliability are always something EVERY site wants to improve and we're no different. But if it's layout concerns, let us know. We have the MLB Live Scoring section on that page that I think is nice, but maybe we can do something there that helps with our overall display. Give us some more suggestions and we'll look into them. Thanks. Live scoring enhancement request:

1. A more consistant product. Most nights the pitchers work, sometimes they didn't.

2. The ability to be able to toggle between multiple teams within live scoring.

3. Overall speed. Hitting comes up in about 10 to 15 seconds followed by a delay of 10 to 15 seconds then pitching appears. Chrome probably reduced the wait time by 3-5 seconds each.

4. The ability to see other teams lineup and how their producing their points within live scoring. At the top of each live scoring page is the overall standing with plus minus points. If you could click on each of the teams and have their teams roster show in the space below. You only need to be able to show one team. The automatic default would naturally be your own team.

This is what I'd like to see. Others may have some more suggestions. Thanks for the opportunity to have a say.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Greg, I don't know about others pages, but I only get zeroes for players over those time frames.

Got it. Yeah, it's all set up perfectly and ready to go for what everyone wants. But you are right, it looks like we're not flowing all of the info in there. We'll get that up to speed.

Good list of improvements and thanks for the compliments. We'll get it done and enhanced. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cowboy Joe

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Cowboy Joe » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

[qb]

I did ask about No. 5 and viewing time frames. Isn't that under the STATS link, under PLAYER STATS? There I see a Last 7 Days link, a Last 2 Weeks link, a Last 3 Weeks link and a Last 30 Days link. Under FREE AGENTS, I see the same links. Am I missing anything on this request?

Greg,

Under the PLAYER STATS menu, if I could pick the "Team" column for sorting, then I would be a happy camper. Currently, it is the only column on that screen that you can not use to sort. This enhancement should be very simple.

A little more sophisticated would be the ability to enter start and end dates on the MLB data. I've used it in other fantasy contests and it is a handy feature for analysis.

Thanks to Greg, Tom, and all the Stats folks for an enjoyable year. Thanks to Dan for organizing the enhancement wish list.

Dallas
I feel like I'm the Jerry Quarry of the NFBC.

Quahogs

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Quahogs » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 am

I have a request from Joe Thelen aka Showtime

"A sortable field containing the date a player was added to the Free Agent pool.

Tremendous Sunday time saver."

Joe

this was a nice add by Fanball, from league to league it was easy to see who called up from the minors and added to the FA list that week.

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

I have a request from Joe Thelen aka Showtime

"A sortable field containing the date a player was added to the Free Agent pool.

Tremendous Sunday time saver."

Joe

this was a nice add by Fanball, from league to league it was easy to see who called up from the minors and added to the FA list that week. Yes, I have that from Joe. I believe STATS did that in 2009 with the NFBC. I did not bring this up last week because it was not on my To Do list, but it's something that I think we can do and I'll ask down the road. It's a very good suggestion and helpful to all of you players. I know we've had it before, so let's get it back in our game.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Zazie

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Zazie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

On the free agent page, would it be possible for us to sort players by team (in alpha order) in addition to by last name and by stat categories? I think we were able to do that in 2010.

Of course that would require a different arrangement than having the team name in parentheses after the player name, but in the same field.

Different people seem to have had different experiences with live stats. I was never able to get live scoring to work for a slow draft league -- sometimes I got as far as seeing the hitters' daily stats but never both the hitters and the pitchers. Naturally there were many days I didn't bother trying. And in other leagues, not being able to see the strikeout and save results was intermittent but very annoying.