Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Teufel Hunden

Re: Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:48 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Prizes began going out on Friday. Did all prizes go out? No not all did. However, the process has begun and ALL prize winners will be paid soon without question. There is no reason to believe otherwise and I'm astonished anyone, especially veteran players, would even imply it. Once again Greg and I apologize for the delay in prizes going out this year. It was unexpected but the good news is the process has begun and all of our prize winners will be paid real soon.

I'm not sure what more I can add. If there's a change in the prize payout process we will provide an update. But if nothing changes then I don't think further updates are necessary. I believe Greg will be making a post in reply to all this as well so I'll leave the rest to him.
Not to late to throw your name in the elections Tom. Your spinning is on par with the best of them.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:56 am

I love the part " the process has begun" how long will the "process" take. From the previous posts on this topic, I expected direct deposit to be done Friday and checks to be mailed Friday, again, another smoke screen.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quack

Post by Quack » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:07 am

Tom, while you are astonished that veteran players are even questioning payment, I am astonished that Stats has missed three self-imposed targets dates for payments.

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:09 am

I guess that I am a little late to this thread but just want to throw in my 2 cents here. With all due respect to Tom and Greg there has been one delay story after another. Going back to mid October when the direct deposits were due by October 15 we have been told checks would be out and direct deposit payments made by no later than the end of October. Then last week we were told they would go out by mid week and now it is Saturday Novemebr 7 and i have yet to hear from one person who has received their money yet.
AS actor John Vernon once said in the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales" don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining! I truly believe Tom and Greg have nothing to do with this constant delay in payment but since we have no way to be in contact with the powers that be in STATS that control these matters they have to bear the brunt of our barbs on this thread. :cry:

Quack

Post by Quack » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:13 am

Exactly...since some (not all) payments went out yesterday, I am waiting to hear from a single person who confirm they got a DD payment.

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:33 am

I wouldn't really have anything else to say had Tom not posted such crap. For no one to have received their money through Direct Deposits means the "process" has NOT begun, unless the process is someone looking at the money that needs to be sent out and saying, "Yep, that's the amount that needs to go out. See you Monday."

Next year, how about I tell you my payment is on its way and you let me draft. Any chance you guys consider that? I think not.

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:35 am

As far as Greg commenting further, I think that's a good idea. Tom needs to sit this one out the rest of the way.

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:54 pm

IMHO this is getting too personal- you're just shooting the messenger- if they merely said "we aren't sure", no one would be any happier. We'd be begging for an estimate. Han Solo said we'd get our money- I quote "It's true, all of it" enquote. I believe Han.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Prizes began going out on Friday. Did all prizes go out? No not all did. However, the process has begun and ALL prize winners will be paid soon without question. There is no reason to believe otherwise and I'm astonished anyone, especially veteran players, would even imply it. Once again Greg and I apologize for the delay in prizes going out this year. It was unexpected but the good news is the process has begun and all of our prize winners will be paid real soon.

I'm not sure what more I can add. If there's a change in the prize payout process we will provide an update. But if nothing changes then I don't think further updates are necessary. I believe Greg will be making a post in reply to all this as well so I'll leave the rest to him.
I did not have ... "sex" ... with that woman. Pass along my regards to slick willie from accounting.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Is accounting working today? My guess, no; this is why the checks went out on Friday, everything bad happens on Friday, President Kennedy was assassinated on a Friday. The direct deposits started on a Friday. Clinton probably got a blow job from Lewinsky on a Friday. Black Friday was on a Friday. Jimmy Hoffa could have been buried in Giants Stadium on a Friday; but, most of all THE PROCESS THAT WAS GOING TO START ON WEDNESDAY, STARTED ON FRIDAY!!!
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:16 pm

It's surprising that people actually still believe it when Greg and Tom say they are going to meet these deadlines. I can't remember a single time in the past that a deadline has actually been met. From FAAB a few years ago, to the new FAAB setup, to FAAB running on time, to the new draft room, the cutline championship, the player accounts...none of them have been met in the time period we've been given. If the season weren't dependent on MLB, we'd probably still be waiting on it to start.

Tom is "astonished" at the response. He must believe that everybody that plays this game is either uneducated or knows nothing about business. This situation should be taught to Business 101 courses on how NOT to run a business.
Sebadiah23 wrote:IMHO this is getting too personal- you're just shooting the messenger- if they merely said "we aren't sure", no one would be any happier. We'd be begging for an estimate. Han Solo said we'd get our money- I quote "It's true, all of it" enquote. I believe Han.
And yet the cronies continue to give Greg and Tom the good old verbal blowjob. It's always Accounting or IT's fault...It doesn't really matter if it's the fault of IT or Accounting. Greg and Tom operate this division of STATS. If things don't run smoothly, it is their fault. It's time to step up and take responsibility. They can deal with accounting on the back end. They are the front men and should deal with the customers accordingly, just like any other business is operated.

STATS is very lucky to have little competition in this space, and cult following from the old school customers. There are very few industries where the customer continues to get shit on, but still rides managements dick the way Sebadiah23 and others do...I am truly "astonished" at that.

We should have our money by Christmas...I'm not worried about not getting paid. At the same time, everybody here has every right to be upset at this situation. If you can't meet the date, don't tell us you can.

PS- Everybody here can blast DraftKings all they want on these message boards, but if I request a withdrawal this weekend, it will be in my account on Monday. No questions asked. They haven't lied to me yet.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:46 pm

TParsons wrote: It's always Accounting or IT's fault...It doesn't really matter if it's the fault of IT or Accounting. Greg and Tom operate this division of STATS. If things don't run smoothly, it is their fault. It's time to step up and take responsibility. They can deal with accounting on the back end. They are the front men and should deal with the customers accordingly, just like any other business is operated.

Sure we can blame them, but we know it actually IS accounting and IT. This company has dysfunctional management at the corporate level, which is obvious in their history of not delivering on time on so many fronts. And if you understand more than Business 101, you know it's not that unusual in how larger companies are run and it's why smaller divisions often thrive after a spin-off from larger entities. As is, I'm not sure I want to continue sending in checks made out to "STATS" when they are so callous about paying them out. I'd love to hear from someone at the STATS corporate level on these boards, but I'm sure they'd rather just hide cowardly behind the frontmen.
Last edited by KJ Duke on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:12 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
TParsons wrote: It's always Accounting or IT's fault...It doesn't really matter if it's the fault of IT or Accounting. Greg and Tom operate this division of STATS. If things don't run smoothly, it is their fault. It's time to step up and take responsibility. They can deal with accounting on the back end. They are the front men and should deal with the customers accordingly, just like any other business is operated.

Sure we can blame them, but we know it actually IS accounting and IT. This company has dysfunctional management at the corporate level, which is obvious in their history of not delivering on time on so many fronts. And if you understand more than Business 101, you know it's not that unusual in how larger companies are run and it's why smaller divisions often thrive after a spin-off from larger entities. As is, I'm not sure I want to continue sending in checks made out to "STATS" when they are so callous about paying them out. I'd love to hear from someone at the STATS corporate level on these boards, but I'm sure they'd rather just hide cowardly behind the frontmen.
Happens to me all the time. Priorities follow the money. What we don't do is continually overpromise and under deliver. At some point you have to realize that the deadlines you're giving are not being met and revisit why that continues to occur. What we don't do is make a promise and then have a passive aggressive attitude toward our customers when they are not happy about a deadline being met. What we don't do is say we are astonished when the customer is not happy about being paid in a timely manner.

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:23 pm

TParsons wrote:It's surprising that people actually still believe it when Greg and Tom say they are going to meet these deadlines. I can't remember a single time in the past that a deadline has actually been met. From FAAB a few years ago, to the new FAAB setup, to FAAB running on time, to the new draft room, the cutline championship, the player accounts...none of them have been met in the time period we've been given. If the season weren't dependent on MLB, we'd probably still be waiting on it to start.

Tom is "astonished" at the response. He must believe that everybody that plays this game is either uneducated or knows nothing about business. This situation should be taught to Business 101 courses on how NOT to run a business.
Sebadiah23 wrote:IMHO this is getting too personal- you're just shooting the messenger- if they merely said "we aren't sure", no one would be any happier. We'd be begging for an estimate. Han Solo said we'd get our money- I quote "It's true, all of it" enquote. I believe Han.
And yet the cronies continue to give Greg and Tom the good old verbal blowjob. It's always Accounting or IT's fault...It doesn't really matter if it's the fault of IT or Accounting. Greg and Tom operate this division of STATS. If things don't run smoothly, it is their fault. It's time to step up and take responsibility. They can deal with accounting on the back end. They are the front men and should deal with the customers accordingly, just like any other business is operated.

STATS is very lucky to have little competition in this space, and cult following from the old school customers. There are very few industries where the customer continues to get shit on, but still rides managements dick the way Sebadiah23 and others do...I am truly "astonished" at that.

We should have our money by Christmas...I'm not worried about not getting paid. At the same time, everybody here has every right to be upset at this situation. If you can't meet the date, don't tell us you can.

PS- Everybody here can blast DraftKings all they want on these message boards, but if I request a withdrawal this weekend, it will be in my account on Monday. No questions asked. They haven't lied to me yet.
+1

Very well said, could not agree more. Have found it amusing that when things go smooth Greg and Tom get the credit. But when things go badly some department or corporate overlord is at fault. Talk about an enviable position to be in. It appears more than a few people on here have let their fondness of Greg and Tom cloud their judgement of NFBC as an organization.

I don't mind waiting to get paid. If the time frame is 6-8 weeks for payment then I can deal with that. It is the lack of respect shown by lying about it that pisses me off.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying; I don't expect money in my account until Tuesday at the earliest. A comment from Tom or Greg, I should look it up, those who used direct deposit option will get paid quicker. If checks went to Friday, that may not be a true statement as they could receive their check on Monday.

Quack

Post by Quack » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:59 pm

What will occur first: Greg's statement on the subject OR someone got paid (still no confirmation that one was successful via check or DD)

Quack

Post by Quack » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Lunatic wrote:Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying; I don't expect money in my account until Tuesday at the earliest. A comment from Tom or Greg, I should look it up, those who used direct deposit option will get paid quicker. If checks went to Friday, that may not be a true statement as they could receive their check on Monday.
Actually they could have gotten a check today based upon geography if checks were issued on Friday as stated occurred for some payments

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:43 pm

I guess we should have inquired as to which Friday
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Gary Walrath

Chief Executive Officer

Gary joined STATS in 2003 and leads STATS’ overall strategy and vision including spearheading growth in key business segments and relevant international markets. Prior to joining STATS, Gary worked in a number of senior leadership roles at News Corp companies in North America and Asia.

Robert L. Schur

Chief Operating Officer

Bobby joined STATS in 2000 and leads STATS’ global operations during which time STATS has increased its annual sporting events coverage more than fourfold. Bobby holds a Bachelor of Arts from Indiana University, a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Illinois and a Juris Doctorate from the IIT-Kent College of Law.

Mark Iserloth

Chief Financial Officer

Mark joined STATS in 2015 as CFO, responsible for all Finance, Accounting, Human Resources and other administrative functions. Prior to joining STATS he held CFO positions at Mattersight, Trustwave and Initiate Systems. He also served previously as acting CFO of Searle Pharmaceuticals (a division of Monsanto) as well working in various senior finance, strategy and business development roles at Monsanto and Caremark. He has extensive experience in software, services, international operations, strategy and mergers & acquisitions.

Mark holds an MBA from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Northwestern University.

Greg Kirkorsky

Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing

Greg joined STATS in 1998 and leads STATS’ North and South American sales operations as well as having global leadership for sales related systems and processes, training and marketing. Prior to joining STATS, Greg worked for the Sports Buff Network, a fantasy sports start-up. Greg holds a Bachelor of Science in Communications and a Master of Science in Sports Management from Illinois State University.

Global Headquarters

Phone: 1.847.583.2100

2775 Shermer Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
(15 miles outside of Chicago)

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Starting Monday morning we don't have to deal with just Greg and Tom anymore

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Have you double checked all this information? We don't want a repeat of Spike Lee trying to out George Zimmerman only to cause an eldery Jewish couple to flee their condo in terror.

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:11 pm

http://www.stats.com/

If you click the About Us page you get the info. The phone number is under Contact a Sales Rep and it leads to Corporate

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I agree with those who say the non-payment issue isn't Greg or Tom's fault. You can see that Fantasy is just a tiny part of STATS' universe. But I'd rather bug those who may have played a part of the decision to have payments delayed by "projects" and "audits".

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Over the years, I've spoken with both Greg and Tom. They are some of the best front-end guys in the business. Obviously they don't work in accounting so I'm sure the information they post via the message board is the most current information passed on to them.

With that said, I doubt we will get any meaningful updates/answers until folks are back in the office on Monday. Based on the MB backlash, I'm certain Greg/Tom understand the importance of what is going on and will fully address it moving forward. I'm owed a lot of money from this past season; and while it's absolutely frustrating to hear delay after delay, I'm going to wait and see what the beginning of the week brings instead of burning down the message board this weekend. I've done that in the past a few times and usually ended up regretting it.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:17 pm

For new readers of this thread. A condensed version....

Tom- Money on Wednesday
Gekko- It's the middle of the week
MlbBug- Jerry McGwire wants the money
Gekko- A picture of Johnny Football
Quack- Guesses it won't be Wednesday
Gekko- Last year, Oct 21 and 22
Teufel Hunden- Reminded of CDM
Tom- Friday will be the day. Priorities for acctg. Many apologies.
76erFan- A week?
Tom- Not a week
76erFan- Hopes its any day
Tom- We're only a week later than last year
DOUGHBOYS- A yearly ritual
Teufel Hunden- Later in year
Timcards- CDM paid 3 weeks ago
Lunatic- Remember, actions speak louder than words
Timcards- Agrees
Gekko- Acctg should not advertise quick payments
TimCards- Does not want sour end of season
KJ Duke- Advises priority adjustment
Roger Dorn- Reminds us that Wed is middle of the week
Timcards- Shouldn't tell us that we get money when we don't
Tom- Money goes out on Friday. Apologies
Quack- Seeks clarification
King of Queens- ALL checks?
76erfan- advises Glenn to quit winning large amounts
Tom-ALL Prizes go out Friday. Apologies.
King of Queens- Thanks and football injuries are killing me
Money- All checks because of the extra time.
Gekko- WOO HOO! It's Friday. Wants a card from KJ
Lunatic- Expects deposit. Remember, Actions speak louder......
Gekko- Should happen today
King of Queens- Update?
Money- DD expertise
Top Dawg- More DD expertise
Lunatic- Questions DD
Gekko- Bites the pillow
Teufel Hunden- Likes Gekko biting the pillow
Timcards- It'll be Monday
KJ Duke- Checks in on Acctg kids
King of Queens- Out to lunch?
KJ Duke- Drafters should make drafts a low priority
Teufel Hunden- 2.84mil=$2,500 interest
King of Queens- Not at his bank
KJ Duke- Could double that
Tom- No delays on large checks. More apologes
TimCards- Credits Tom on his passive aggressiveness
Tom- Nobody wants the money sent more than he or Greg
(personal comment- after reading this thread...I don't think so)
KJ Duke- WHY?
Tom- Can't answer for his bosses
TimCards- Tired of time frame moving
Anpyanks- Does not understand negative responses
KJ Duke- Wants what is right
Lunatic- Actions speak louder.......
TimCards- Anpyanks sounds like Apple boy
Money- Tomorrow will be Christmas
Quack- Wants process completed today
Money- Believes
DOUGHBOYS- Did prizes go out?
KJ Duke- Not here
Quack- Or here
Gekko- Coal in stockings?
Money- If so, Houston has a problem (besides flooding)
Teufel Hunden- No Santa Claus
Lunatic- Remember, Actions....
Teufel Hunden- Indirect deposits
Quack- It's not coming SAT OR Sun
Lunatic- Checks account. Nope...
Gekko- Lies?
Lunatic- Laughing atSTATS incompetence
Quack- How many DD's were sent?
Gekko- Hopes newbies aren't reading
Teufel Hunden- Thinks Tom meant another Friday
Lunatic- STATS acctg with a deadline?
Sebadiah23- Wants a hamburger on Tuesday
King of Queens- Mailed DD's, sent out checks?
Quack- Gives over/under
Gekko- Monday at earliest
Gekko- Shows $.00 balance at Chase
Quack- Anyone receive a DD?
Gekko- Sends funny pictures
Teufel Hunden- Comments on one picture
Cocktails and Dreams- Wants insurance included with time lapse
Timcards- Starts rumors
Timcards- Wants National coverage
Teufel Hunden- Sees Tom on NFFC Boards
Tom- Prizes going out. Greg later
Money- Is tired of checking his account