What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

KJ Duke

Re: What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:51 pm

I haven't seen it suggested yet so maybe I'm alone but I'd be happy to see:

Player search results that include the team name if owned.
This would save a step where you currently have to open the player profile to see if they are owned and if so, by whom.

#timesaver

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm

How about a consistent presentation of player name and position?

On my lineup page I see this:
Pierzynski, A.J. C TEX

Under team stats, I see this:
A.J. Pierzynski

On the free agent list I see this:
Pierzynski, A.J. (TEX)

When I bid on a free agent I see this:
A.J. Pierzynski (C)

That's kinda crazy, 4 different ways of listing a player. How about everywhere making it easy to read and informative ...
A.J. Pierzynski, TEX (C)

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:19 am

How about this. say there is an obscure player in the free agent pool that has not accured stats and thus does not come up if you search "most at bats last 2 weeks" or "most stolen bases"... If you plug his name into the player search and he comes up, it would be nice if you could click him as a free agent pick up from that screen and bid on him rather than having to go back to the free agent page and scroll through the names alphabetically to find him again.

Or am I the only one who thinks this? lol

jvetter

Post by jvetter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 am

Driver Love wrote:How about this. say there is an obscure player in the free agent pool that has not accured stats and thus does not come up if you search "most at bats last 2 weeks" or "most stolen bases"... If you plug his name into the player search and he comes up, it would be nice if you could click him as a free agent pick up from that screen and bid on him rather than having to go back to the free agent page and scroll through the names alphabetically to find him again.

Ctrl+F works well

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 am

I haven't read the entire thread to know if this was mentioned, but when doing FAAB can we please get it where when you build a list if you decide you want to change the player that is top on your priority you can move him up or down, and not have to delete the list and start over? This is especially painful when something happens on a Sunday and you have multiple leagues you are trying to manage through, thanks.

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am

edelman24 wrote:I haven't read the entire thread to know if this was mentioned, but when doing FAAB can we please get it where when you build a list if you decide you want to change the player that is top on your priority you can move him up or down, and not have to delete the list and start over? This is especially painful when something happens on a Sunday and you have multiple leagues you are trying to manage through, thanks.
This is an excellent recommendation.
Joe

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

You don't delete the list!

You click "Edit Add" right beside the player at the top of your list and just replace him not the whole list.

And for the guys who don't like scrolling through the list of players to find someone alphabetically - click the check box at the top left of his profile then when you're listing free agents choose Tracked instead of All and click Submit. Your tracked player list should be very short and no scrolling required.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Deadheadz wrote:You don't delete the list!

You click "Edit Add" right beside the player at the top of your list and just replace him not the whole list.

And for the guys who don't like scrolling through the list of players to find someone alphabetically - click the check box at the top left of his profile then when you're listing free agents choose Tracked instead of All and click Submit. Your tracked player list should be very short and no scrolling required.
I'm missing something here. I see the "Edit" next to the player. I do not see the "Add". I have never thought it possible to replace the top player in the list. Can you explain further? I admit to being a bit slow at these things.

Thanks.
Joe

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Money wrote:

I'm missing something here. I see the "Edit" next to the player. I do not see the "Add". I have never thought it possible to replace the top player in the list. Can you explain further? I admit to being a bit slow at these things.

Thanks.
If you click the edit on the top player, you can add whoever you want in the top spot by clicking add next to the player in your FAAB pool. It will replace the top player with that player. This function has been around for at least the last few years.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Hells Satans wrote:
Money wrote:

Thanks.
If you click the edit on the top player, you can add whoever you want in the top spot by clicking add next to the player in your FAAB pool. It will replace the top player with that player. This function has been around for at least the last few years.
While the edit function exists....it would be so much easier to be able to move the second player in the queue up to the primary bid and the primary bid player down a slot to the first "contingent" spot. For me I love to go through the list of pitchers for example, select about 10 of them or whatever and then figure out what order to put them in as the deadline approaches. The way the current system works...you need to select your primary option. Everything below can be rearranged. Would be very helpful to be able to rearrange all of the players.

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Hells Satans wrote:
Money wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks, a few years into this and I'm still figuring things out. This helps a lot.
Joe

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Damn, if this isn't the most helpful thing I've read yet on these boards. Never knew we could replace the top player like that. I, like the others, always deleted the list and started over when I inevitably changed my first-pick-up-guyer. THANK YOU for sharing this.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Agree with John P. I use the edit option but it would be much easier being able to just move players up to the first spot like we move them up to the second spot now.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Driver Love wrote:How about this. say there is an obscure player in the free agent pool that has not accured stats and thus does not come up if you search "most at bats last 2 weeks" or "most stolen bases"... If you plug his name into the player search and he comes up, it would be nice if you could click him as a free agent pick up from that screen and bid on him rather than having to go back to the free agent page and scroll through the names alphabetically to find him again.

Been begging for years for this extremely basic function. Every site in the world has except stats and what is funny is that we did get it a few years ago then disappeared. Bizarre to me we can't get basics like this addresses in 2 minutes

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:06 am

Outlaw wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:We now have a drop-down option to switch between teams from any page in the game. You can find this drop-down at the top right of your team page. Thanks to our tech team for adding this feature which should be a great addition for those in multiple leagues.

Tom- Great Feature- seems to work on every page too and its fast.... this saves time and having to open extra web pages..... Thanks for adding this!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're glad this feature has been added to all of your pages. Now it is much easier and faster to get to each of your teams and in the areas you want to go to directly. This was a great add. And we heard your suggestions to have your teams appear just as you have them set up in My Teams. This has already been added to the NFFC pages as well, so all of you who are playing football with us will see this great function over there (and hoops, too) right away.

Tom and I just spent a full day with the IT team in Chicago and they are working on a lot of other items for you and for us (on the Admin side). I'll update on a few of those items shortly, but I can tell you that these guys have been working hard on all of our products for all of our sports. I like the direction we're taking here.

We think we have automated what is needed for the doubleheaders snafu too. We'll know as soon as we get a game cancelled and a doubleheader rescheduled for the next day, but we think we have it solved now. Thanks for putting up with us there.

Good job IT team and keep it going.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 am

Deadheadz wrote:I haven't seen it suggested yet so maybe I'm alone but I'd be happy to see:

Player search results that include the team name if owned.
This would save a step where you currently have to open the player profile to see if they are owned and if so, by whom.

#timesaver

Cheers!
I don't understand this request. If you go to Player Search and you type in Upton, for instance, you get Justin or BJ. You click on Justin and it tells you what round he was picked in and what team in your league he's on. What are we missing here?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:11 am

KJ Duke wrote:How about a consistent presentation of player name and position?

Pierzynski, A.J. C TEX

A.J. Pierzynski

Pierzynski, A.J. (TEX)

A.J. Pierzynski (C)

That's kinda crazy, 4 different ways of listing a player. How about everywhere making it easy to read and informative ...
A.J. Pierzynski, TEX (C)
Okay, now we're just damn nitpicking!! :lol:

I'm sure each area was set up independently and consistency of columns wasn't the first priority, but I'll forward for spring housecleaning once construction is complete. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 am

Chthroop wrote:

Been begging for years for this extremely basic function. Every site in the world has except stats and what is funny is that we did get it a few years ago then disappeared. Bizarre to me we can't get basics like this addresses in 2 minutes
A Bid button from the player page has been requested. It doesn't take 2 minutes to do this, but I believe it is on our list of upcoming features. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:28 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: I don't understand this request. If you go to Player Search and you type in Upton, for instance, you get Justin or BJ. You click on Justin and it tells you what round he was picked in and what team in your league he's on. What are we missing here?
You just said it yourself, you have to click on Justin to find out if hes's owned and by whom.
Now of course Upton will always be owned but let's change the name to Gonzalez, where the resulting list is longer and not all will be owned.

The search results could include the name of the owner and the reader wouldn't be required to click each and every name to open the profile, see if the player is owned, then click Back and click the next player.

What I've ended up doing is setting up a free league at ESPN and loading all the players owned in my league onto dummy teams, essentially mirroring the NFBC teams.
This allows me to follow live scoring through the iPhone app they provide and easily see the data which isn't always easy to see on the actual NFBC site.

It required quite a but of work and I have to update it once a week but it really speeds up the day-to-day tasks most of us perform in following and researching players.

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:How about a consistent presentation of player name and position?

Pierzynski, A.J. C TEX

A.J. Pierzynski

Pierzynski, A.J. (TEX)

A.J. Pierzynski (C)

A.J. Pierzynski, TEX (C)
Okay, now we're just damn nitpicking!! :lol:

I'm sure each area was set up independently and consistency of columns wasn't the first priority, but I'll forward for spring housecleaning once construction is complete. ;)
Yeah, it's nitpicking a little bit, but when you're doing faab and looking at all hitters it's much nicer to see position elig listed next to their name - likewise, it's a lot easier to read player names in a list if they're shown first name first (rather than in database form, for all of us non-computers).

While I'm nitpicking, let me chime in again with how huge of an upgrade and time-saver it is in FAAB to move from team to team in the order expected without having to bounce all over the place. Huge! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:We now have a drop-down option to switch between teams from any page in the game. You can find this drop-down at the top right of your team page. Thanks to our tech team for adding this feature which should be a great addition for those in multiple leagues.

Tom- Great Feature- seems to work on every page too and its fast.... this saves time and having to open extra web pages..... Thanks for adding this!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a few minor enhancements last week that included the drop-down for your team on every page within the game. Here are a few that should be highlighted so that you know they are out there:

-Live scoring is now open until 6 am. The live scoring page used to roll over to the next day at 3 am. It now stays “active” until 6am to prevent the page from rolling over before a very late West Coast game might still be happening.

-Sort by % owned and % started on Free Agent page was added.

-We added a drop-down to switch to a different team on all pages as noted above.

-We added the Dave Potts image to the league pages. You have to do that for the defending champ!! ;)

-We now show the stat header on category standings instead of “value.” On the league standings (live), if you select a stat category to see your standings for that specific stat, the column header for the totals used to be “Value.” It now reads the name of the stat you’re viewing. So, HR, RBI, etc.

We have more to come as we have several items being worked on now that should be live in the next two weeks. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CaptainCrunch

Post by CaptainCrunch » Thu May 02, 2013 6:02 am

For viewing overall standings, I like to see all categories on one sortable page if I can - rather than have to look at ten different pages to see the different categories. Something like this ... just click on the column headers to sort.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:And please, for the love of everything that is right, move 'free agents' from 'Stats' to 'Transactions'.
Free Agents is now listed under Stats. For the love of everything that is right, we made this change Dan! :D We also moved NFBC ADP from Transactions to Stats. Everything should be listed under the correct headers now. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:And please, for the love of everything that is right, move 'free agents' from 'Stats' to 'Transactions'.
Free Agents is now listed under Stats. For the love of everything that is right, we made this change Dan! :D We also moved NFBC ADP from Transactions to Stats. Everything should be listed under the correct headers now. Enjoy all.
Excellent!
Thanks Greg.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!