Eligibility List/Updated Depth Charts

LTDave

Re: Eligibility List/Updated Depth Charts

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Kent, you're too kind, my man... I forgot about that offer from before, but I'm glad you brought it up again... I'd love to draft/manage a team with you regardless of what I can do on my own, maybe we could do a Super League together or something.. but I should be able to get a couple leagues in on my own this year, just not what I was hoping to do... I really appreciate your support/concern, buddy

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Dave, I remember you're a Cleveland fan, but forgot your city.
Where you at?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

chest .rockwell

Post by chest .rockwell » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 pm

BTW Dave I have some positions. Require living in jville and no relocation package probably max out around 55k with full benefits and an opportunity to move forward. Inside Sales types jobs if you hate the phone this is not for you... if that interests you shoot your resume to my name @yahoo.

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 am

Dough I live in Cleveland

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:28 am

Dave, hope things turn around for you! Now, onto baseball....let's look at this statement:

PS Can someone explain to me how Justin Verlander went in the 1st Round of a draft? I mean, he's not even in my top 3 starters, and no starter is worth a 1st Rounder in my opinion unless you dominate in all 4 categories, which none do.. the closest being Kershaw but you can't count on wins from him with that offenseLTDave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verlander in the first round is a no brainer. The guy is going to be 29 years old this season, plays for a good team, and led the league in: Wins, ERA, WHIP, and K's. Domination in 4 categories.

Kershaw? He also led his league in: Wins, ERA, WHIP, and K's. Domination in 4 categories.

You could also consider Roy Halladay for the 1st round although Doc is starting to get up there in years.

What am I missing here?

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Well, I guess it's really just your drafting style, but in my opinion no starter is worth using a 1st rounder on because it's much harder to pick up good hitters in-season than it is to get pitchers.. and the elite hitters dry up much quicker than the elite starters... I could take David Price in the 3rd/4th round and get very similar if not better stats than you'd get from Verlander... I also don't think he'll have another sub-3 ERA... He had an 80% LOB% and a .236 opponents BABIP in 2011... both unlikely to be repeated. Plus 9 K/9 is really good, but I wouldn't call it "dominating"... Kershaw you could make more of a case for, but he won't likely "dominate" wins... I just feel there's a lot of upper level pitching to be had and Verlander/3rd round hitter compared to Price/1st round hitter doesn't stack up in my mind... you can make any draft strategy work if you hit on a lot of your players, especially in the middle/late rounds, but not having the 1st rounder is really handicapping yourself unless there's a Pedro/Big Unit/Schilling circa 2000 type starter out there... what we thought Lincecum might become, but didn't... maybe Matt Moore will be next year...

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I only asked because I think it would be swell if you could meet up with Kent in St. Louis.
I'm not familiar with the distance between Cleveland and St. Louis...
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I only asked because I think it would be swell if you could meet up with Kent in St. Louis.
I'm not familiar with the distance between Cleveland and St. Louis...

Yeah, that's a good idea Dave, you should go to St Louis.

I only say that because every time you come to Chicago you crush me ;) (yes even that year you missed the ultimate closer run)
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

hahahaha... yeah I'm sure you pros are real scared of little old me... I mean you guys have years of experience on me.. I'm just a kid who got a little lucky a couple times. Unless Kent insisted (it would be his money after all) I'd prefer Vegas (where there's more live events and I have comp'd rooms) or Chicago so I can be in Russel's league and hang out with the other Chicago boys... and take Megabus there for like $10 haha

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Huge spike in Chicago Cubs Depth Chart views... lot of Cubbies fans on the message boards? haha... by the way if anyone has any insight into any of my depth charts or anything I'm missing or that's wrong, please let me know... I mean I try to get it as accurate as I can, but it's a lot to keep track of so it's very possible I missed some things