Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 am

NOW ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT IN THE DEBUT NFBC PLATINUM LEAGUE!!! Not a bad start, boys, not a bad start. ;)

Here's the current signup list and I'm pretty sure there will be a few more soon:

1st Annual NFBC Platinum League
Saturday, March 30th, 6 pm PT
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Stephen Jupinka/Bob Particelli
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 am

And here I thought #10 had just signed up!

Nine in one day, quite impressive out of the gate Greg.[/quote]

That's right, KJ, keep it up. At this rate you'll easily surpass Jupinka for Ass-Kisser of the Year this season. :P Yes, great idea of Greg's to get this Platinum League up and going on Saturday night as an upgrade from the second Diamond...at higher rake no less. :roll: Must be all that money that will be going into the evening's venue and pre-draft/post draft festivities. I heard a rumor that we're all getting an extra drink ticket...but none for you since you won't be there. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yes, we are serving whine and cheese.

Honestly Mike, is every single post by you going to be a complaint about the NFBC? We host the NFBC live events at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, we serve a buffet of steak and chicken for this event with an unlimited supply of drinks throughout the draft, we have an Executive Suite for a Thursday Night party this year, and you say we might throw in another drink ticket?? We pay out 95% and you complain that we might make money on this. You take credit for filling any league you enter and even creating the concept when maybe the prize structure is the driving force.

We appreciate all you do here and you're helping us grow thicker skin, but outside of sending the entire Platinum league to Spearmint Rhino the night before and paying for every single expense I'm confident you will find something wrong with what we're doing. But enjoy the contest because it looks like this one is going in the right direction and we are assembling an A-List of owners with an A-List $200,000 league prize. Try to enjoy life; it's too damn short for complaints on every single thing.[/quote]

Wait Greg, did you say "Spearmint Rhino" for all of us?! :o In that case, I'm definitely fine now. So now only half of my posts from here on forward will be a complaint about the NFBC. ;) :mrgreen: Should be a blast! Do invite Steve Byrd to come along with us again this year, and Tom, too...but tell him to get a cat-sitter in advance so he doesn't miss out this time around. :lol:

In this photo: Greg's bus to the Rhino :mrgreen:

In this photo: The Inagural NFBC's Platinum League Competitor's Bus to the Rhino :twisted:

And I just had to include one of Tom and his favorite pussy...cat. :P :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

bustouts

Post by bustouts » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Alright..... Count me in

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm

bustouts wrote:Alright..... Count me in
Is this David? Will do and welcome aboard CHAMP.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

bustouts wrote:Alright..... Count me in

Awww shit! There goes the neighborhood. Thought we were going to sneak this one by you Dave. :roll: :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

The $200,000 league prize is attracting the best of the best and it looks like we might be down to ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT even before Registration opens!!! :D AMAZING.

Past NFBC Main Event champion David DiDonato has thrown his hat into the ring, as has past Diamond League champion Peter Berall and Kenny Norred, who teamed up with Dan Semsel to win the 2013 NFBC Main Event. This is turning into an All-Star cast of owners for the industry's biggest fantasy baseball prize ever. AMAZING.

Here's the current signup list for the debut NFBC Platinum League:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
11. Peter Berall (tentative)
12. Ken Norred (tenative)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:42 am

I can feel the buzz out there about this league and nobody wants to be left out with a $200,000 league prize on the line. One group of NFBC owners is currently forming a coalition of minds to possibly join the NFBC Platinum League, so we'll secure one spot for them before it fills. This is a tentative hold and the team members will be revealed if the coalition can be formed, but I like what I see. Let's keep things going and see where this great league takes us:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
13. Team Anonymous (tentative)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 am

I will not stand for such douchebaggery

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am

Any chance of this being the last live draft so that some people could be a fly on the wall and watch somebody make a 1st round $20,000 pick? But I completely understand why people would want to keep it as private as possible if not.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am

Rog wrote:Any chance of this being the last live draft so that some people could be a fly on the wall and watch somebody make a 1st round $20,000 pick? But I completely understand why people would want to keep it as private as possible if not.
I think another contest tried to make this a spectator sport at $25,000 per entry once and it failed miserably. They set up stands for spectators and had athletes come in during the draft, interrupting things for like 30 minutes. Sorry, but with this much on the line it's gotta be run right with the owners in mind. Folks will be able to read all about the picks once the draft is over, but during the draft it's definitely going to be a private affair. And if we broadcast this draft like we did for the NFFC, those announcers will be in another room watching the picks happen via online and then discussing them from afar.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Rog wrote:Any chance of this being the last live draft so that some people could be a fly on the wall and watch somebody make a 1st round $20,000 pick? But I completely understand why people would want to keep it as private as possible if not.
It's like any other high priced draft, Rog.
Everybody holds on to their cheat sheets with one hand, their nuts in the other.
This continues until it reaches Mikey at 15.
When he makes his picks, uproarious laughter follows, high fives fill the room, and Mikey, in vain, tries to defend his picks.
The draft continues with 14 drafters certain they have a chance of winning.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 am

Hells Satans wrote:I will not stand for such douchebaggery

I second the motion on this douchebaggery. Well said, counselor. :D I think that there needs to be a limit on consortiums, syndicates, and drafting gangs coming in on this. It kind of defeats the purpose if we go beyond teams of more than two. How many people are we going to allow around the drafting table and in the room during this event? There could 25-30 chairs at the table at this rate. Not to mention it waters down the prestige of the winning the prize and the event. If you can't swing it, then you can't swim with the whale sharks. There's always the Diamond. And I think at this rate Greg, you should be reaching out to your partners at Fan Duel to promote this to their high-rollers to try to pull some of them with the allure of the big score in this contest. You could also get Fan Duel to sponsor the Thursday night reception party for all of the NFBC Vegas faithful with the live Platinum League(s) KDS draws done by their representatives that night being the highlight. You could also do your awards that night as well. Great photo op and also newsworthy and some great PR for the NFBC. But now I'm just talking crazy I suppose. You may even end up getting two Platinum Leagues out of it when all is said and done. :D But as I said, what the hell do I know. :mrgreen: Just throwing it out there.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 am

I totally agree with MTM on this one. As it is, 14 other owners will gain an unfair insight to his picks, likes and strategy! Allowing even more owners this opportunity (without compensating him for it) is just plain wrong!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:42 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:I will not stand for such douchebaggery

I second the motion on this douchebaggery. Well said, counselor. :D I think that there needs to be a limit on consortiums, syndicates, and drafting gangs coming in on this. It kind of defeats the purpose if we go beyond teams of more than two. How many people are we going to allow around the drafting table and in the room during this event? There could 25-30 chairs at the table at this rate. Not to mention it waters down the prestige of the winning the prize and the event. If you can't swing it, then you can't swim with the whale sharks. There's always the Diamond. And I think at this rate Greg, you should be reaching out to your partners at Fan Duel to promote this to their high-rollers to try to pull some of them with the allure of the big score in this contest. You could also get Fan Duel to sponsor the Thursday night reception party for all of the NFBC Vegas faithful with the live Platinum League(s) KDS draws done by their representatives that night being the highlight. You could also do your awards that night as well. Great photo op and also newsworthy and some great PR for the NFBC. But now I'm just talking crazy I suppose. You may even end up getting two Platinum Leagues out of it when all is said and done. :D But as I said, what the hell do I know. :mrgreen: Just throwing it out there.
I think the consortium was hoping to cause a stir and our lawyer handled it in seven words. They expected a photo and an essay from you, Mike. :mrgreen: No worries, we'll keep the teams to a minimum and the room handled by NFBC bouncers.

We always talk to Fanduel and other partners about working together and we'd love to get them even more involved with our Thursday night party. But as much as they love you high-rollers, their goal is to get as many people into their contests as possible. We help there as much as we can and last year we helped all of our NFBC owners by getting them $100 off for signing up for any NFBC contest. It was a win-win for all of our customers and that's where we'll try to help again this year. We're on it, along with talking to SiriusXM about broadcasting this draft. All is good.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 am

Could we be near a sellout for the debut NFBC Platinum League even before Registration is live? Could be as another NFBC veteran has thrown his hat into the ring. Joe Berg is interested in participating for $200,000, even though it is a 15-Team event!! Joe "12" Berg is ready to do battle with the rest of the boys for a shot at $200,000. Should be fun.

Here's our tentative list to date, with possibly ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
14. Joe Berg (tentative)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:13 am

We may have a full Platinum League already. Here's the tentative list to date. Nice job everyone:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
14. Joe Berg (tentative)
15. David Hubbard/Derek Pierson
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 am

Then isn't time to get the next Platinum League registration started? I'm sure that there are still a few NFBC stragglers and late-comers that will want in on this action, not to mention all of the Fan Duel high rollers that you're going to be cross-marketing to, Greg. You can fill another one with the proper marketing and exploitation. I'm great at both. :mrgreen: p You should build on the buzz and momentum that you have going for this super high stakes contest so far. Also, to clarify, when I suggested that Fan Duel or one of the other big three daily sites host the NFBC reception party in Vegas and perhaps in New York, I was suggesting that they do it for all of us in attendance not just the high rollers. I'm sure they would gladly do this in a heartbeat to get that kind of exposure to this many season-long players of the NFBC who will be there live in one place.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Then isn't time to get the next Platinum League registration started? I'm sure that there are still a few NFBC stragglers and late-comers that will want in on this action, not to mention all of the Fan Duel high rollers that you're going to be cross-marketing to, Greg. You can fill another one with the proper marketing and exploitation. I'm great at both. :mrgreen: p You should build on the buzz and momentum that you have going for this super high stakes contest so far. Also, to clarify, when I suggested that Fan Duel or one of the other big three daily sites host the NFBC reception party in Vegas and perhaps in New York, I was suggesting that they do it for all of us in attendance not just the high rollers. I'm sure they would gladly do this in a heartbeat to get that kind of exposure to this many season-long players of the NFBC who will be there live in one place.
Maybe I'm the last one who doesn't have your posts blocked :lol: just breakin bud, but what kind of exposure is Fanduel paying for exactly ? Don't you think every last one of us Vegas players is already aware of Fanduel and the daily games ? There's more competition between the two formats than there is synergy. Actually you should be knocking on Fanduel's door to try to get some of their fat cats in OUR game. But they're no dummies, they won't let you near their fat cats.

I don't think Greg would want them wining and dining us - they are a competitor, for OUR dollars. "Hey Mr Season long, deposit $2500 (a super you'll probably lose anyway) and we'll bonus you $500 !" Yeah that's good. There's only X amt to go around Mike.

That's why I think it's important, imperative that Greg gets some kind of hybrid out there (Cutline) that scores like a daily but less frenetic and acts like a season long. Keep the $ in the family so to speak.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Come on Q, mikey gets paid big bucks for his advice!!!!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Quahogs wrote:
Blocked Screenname wrote:DUE TO GLENNERATION X USER SETTINGS, THIS POST CANNOT BE ACCESSED.
Maybe I'm the last one who doesn't have your posts blocked :lol: just breakin bud, but what kind of exposure is Fanduel paying for exactly ?
Juprinka, who's post are you responding to here? :? Oh wait..... :)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 pm

So everyone is clear, the fact we have 15 signups for the Platinum doesn't mean we're shutting it off. It's only November and we just opened the site for registration less than 24 hours ago. The contest will remain on registration and if anyone wants to sign up you can do that. Or contact Greg or me and we'll start up a thread for a second league. We'll be more than happy to run two Platinum leagues this year if the interest is there. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Quahogs wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:Then isn't time to get the next Platinum League registration started? I'm sure that there are still a few NFBC stragglers and late-comers that will want in on this action, not to mention all of the Fan Duel high rollers that you're going to be cross-marketing to, Greg. You can fill another one with the proper marketing and exploitation. I'm great at both. :mrgreen: p You should build on the buzz and momentum that you have going for this super high stakes contest so far. Also, to clarify, when I suggested that Fan Duel or one of the other big three daily sites host the NFBC reception party in Vegas and perhaps in New York, I was suggesting that they do it for all of us in attendance not just the high rollers. I'm sure they would gladly do this in a heartbeat to get that kind of exposure to this many season-long players of the NFBC who will be there live in one place.
Maybe I'm the last one who doesn't have your posts blocked :lol: just breakin bud, but what kind of exposure is Fanduel paying for exactly ? Don't you think every last one of us Vegas players is already aware of Fanduel and the daily games ? There's more competition between the two formats than there is synergy. Actually you should be knocking on Fanduel's door to try to get some of their fat cats in OUR game. But they're no dummies, they won't let you near their fat cats.

I don't think Greg would want them wining and dining us - they are a competitor, for OUR dollars. "Hey Mr Season long, deposit $2500 (a super you'll probably lose anyway) and we'll bonus you $500 !" Yeah that's good. There's only X amt to go around Mike.

That's why I think it's important, imperative that Greg gets some kind of hybrid out there (Cutline) that scores like a daily but less frenetic and acts like a season long. Keep the $ in the family so to speak.
If this were truly the case, Steve, then why ever have them as a sponsor in the first place? From what I understand there is a relationship there that is mutually beneficial and should be explored and utilized. If there was in fact a serious risk of losing the season-long client base of the NFBC and vice versa, then I'm sure Greg would have considered this and not had them be at past events as a sponsor. If there is an opportunity to cross market to the Fan Duel client base in some way especially given the stakes involved for this unique new contest offering offering, then it should be explored and pursued in full.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 am

I've heard that if you're going to War, go with the best. I'm going with the best. Greg please change:

Joe Berg (tentative)

To

Joe Berg / Chad Schroeder

Any slight perceived advantage due to this being a 15 team league has been addressed. Hopefully I can pull my weight with this hall of fame worthy partner. 8-)
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:55 am

Money wrote:I've heard that if you're going to War, go with the best. I'm going with the best. Greg please change:

Joe Berg (tentative)

To

Any slight perceived advantage due to this being a 15 team league has been addressed. Hopefully I can pull my weight with this hall of fame worthy partner. 8-)
I like the partnership guys!! Now save the heavy drinking for after the draft!! :lol:

Duly updated:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
14. Joe Berg/Chad Schroeder
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Money wrote:I've heard that if you're going to War, go with the best. I'm going with the best. Greg please change:

Joe Berg (tentative)

To

I like the partnership guys!! Now save the heavy drinking for after the draft!! :lol:

Duly updated:

Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
14. Joe Berg/Chad Schroeder

I am the beer drinker. This is Joe's show and I am staying out of his way aside from when he wants me to get in his way. I love Joe. Probably the favorite person I have met out there yet, and that is saying a lot as you incredibly great people playing in your games. Will be fun to talk to him more often. But this is his deal and I trust him.