Clemens Vs. McNamee

headhunters

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by headhunters » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 pm

rucrew- i don't care if he used ped- he lied under oath in front of the nation. if they can prove it- he should do time. period

headhunters

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by headhunters » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:07 pm

and ufs- that was funny. maybe they can open a hall of fame wing in the fed. prison system. if i bet as much as him and lied as much as him- i know i would be doing time.

Navel Lint

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by Navel Lint » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

rucrew- i don't care if he used ped- he lied under oath in front of the nation. if they can prove it- he should do time. period That's really the problem here. Proof. People have "convicted" McGwire without substantial proof. Now it's Clemens. I do suspect that he did do PED's . But I cant prove it.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

DiamondKing

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by DiamondKing » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

rucrew- i don't care if he used ped- he lied under oath in front of the nation. if they can prove it- he should do time. period He can have the cell right next to slick Willy.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

jamesmaples

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by jamesmaples » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Congress needs to just stop. If Wally Joyner tried steroids can we really get onto the Rocket. Man I would say a very high percentage used or tried it at some point. I am reading what some of you guys are saying and just thinking that the average person entering the main event makes six figures. With that said if you guys got audited by the I.R.S. you might have done something wrong or stretched the truth a little and get fined. I am sure that some people walk a straight line but not everyone. :D

DOUGHBOYS

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Originally posted by jamesmaples:

Congress needs to just stop. If Wally Joyner tried steroids can we really get onto the Rocket. Man I would say a very high percentage used or tried it at some point. I am reading what some of you guys are saying and just thinking that the average person entering the main event makes six figures. With that said if you guys got audited by the I.R.S. you might have done something wrong or stretched the truth a little and get fined. I am sure that some people walk a straight line but not everyone. :D Try denying to the IRS that you owe the taxes.

If Clemens would have been like Pettitte and just admitted a couple of uses, he saves himself and his family a lot of money and pain. His ego wouldn't permit it and instead of being a footnote of the steroid era, he has become the focal point.

[ February 14, 2008, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

sportsbettingman

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by jamesmaples:

Congress needs to just stop. If Wally Joyner tried steroids can we really get onto the Rocket. Man I would say a very high percentage used or tried it at some point. I am reading what some of you guys are saying and just thinking that the average person entering the main event makes six figures. With that said if you guys got audited by the I.R.S. you might have done something wrong or stretched the truth a little and get fined. I am sure that some people walk a straight line but not everyone. :D Try denying to the IRS that you owe the taxes.

If Clemens would have been like Pettitte and just admitted a couple of uses, he saves himself and his family a lot of money and pain. His ego wouldn't permit it and instead of being a footnote of the steroid era, he has become the focal point.
[/QUOTE]...and I'm almost certain that Barry Bonds now loves him!

Barry who?

Exactly.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

jamesmaples

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by jamesmaples » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:29 am

No question that Clemens is an ego maniac and he should have gone down the same road as Pettitte. I am just getting tired of everyone judging Clemens and Bonds when a very high percentage of players probable used roids.

DOUGHBOYS

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:35 am

Originally posted by jamesmaples:

No question that Clemens is an ego maniac and he should have gone down the same road as Pettitte. I am just getting tired of everyone judging Clemens and Bonds when a very high percentage of players probable used roids. It's America!

The big fish get grilled, throw back the little ones.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Clemens Vs. McNamee

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:03 am

I apologize for trying to give Clemens the benefit of the doubt, but I felt like one question was missing from this hearing. I didn't watch all of the hearings, but I tried to watch all of the highlights last night. From what I gather:

Clemens admits that McNamee shot him in the butt five times with B-12. McNamee admits he gave Roger shots on at least five occasions. One guy is adamant it was B-12, the other is adamant it was HGH. Why didn't someone ask:

Who filled up the syringe on each occasion that you administered the shot to Roger? Did McNamee do that or did Roger? That would likely explain what was in the syringe and I highly doubt that Roger would suddenly be surprised that it was HGH when he really thought it was B-12.

Honestly, the fact that Pettitte said he heard Roger say he took HGH doesn't do much for me. As much as those guys worked out together, you'd be surprised that he didn't see him use it from time to time. I agree, there seems to be a lot of evidence that he took it a few times and I think if he explained why he took it like Pettitte did most folks would forgive and forget over time. After all, it doesn't sound like Clemens took it from 1994 through 2007 continuously.

Clemens is either REALLY setting himself up for a Pete Rose fall because he's too stubborn to admit what was in the shots he admits McNamee administered or McNamee is too dumb to know the difference between HGH and B-12. Personally, I'm ready for pitchers and catchers to report and I hope we don't have to see either one of these guys again. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius