Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Oaktown

FAAB: The Sequel

Post by Oaktown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by Scott Boras:

False Alarm. Deadline Extended until 8:30. G,T,G team on it like gangbusters. Thanks, guys. Yes, they are. But there are problems that need to be solved here. Everything just goes so sloooww. [/QUOTE]That has been my one issue with it....We need to be able to make last minute moves if need be...it just happens sometimes and the load time just stops that from happening. Can't even just aslter existing bids because they don't come up til FA loads.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks for extending.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I just talked with John and sorry about the confusion tonight. We locked Set Lineups at 7:45 pm and it also locked FAAB bids for 4-5 minutes. We saw it immediately and extended the deadline for 30 minutes to give everyone a chance to get their bids in.

We also apologize for any slow time as FAAB's deadline neared. We have to watch this and get this moving faster if possible. I was on and off FAAB today with customers and free agents were loading for me, but if it slowed as we got nearer the deadline then we need to watch that and make adjustments. We will discuss that this week.

I'm glad we could extend the deadline to adjust to the slowness. Hang tight as John's team is double-checking all FAAB bids now and making sure everything is ready to be run.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I just talked with John and sorry about the confusion tonight. We locked Set Lineups at 7:45 pm and it also locked FAAB bids for 4-5 minutes. We saw it immediately and extended the deadline for 30 minutes to give everyone a chance to get their bids in.

We also apologize for any slow time as FAAB's deadline neared. We have to watch this and get this moving faster if possible. I was on and off FAAB today with customers and free agents were loading for me, but if it slowed as we got nearer the deadline then we need to watch that and make adjustments. We will discuss that this week.

I'm glad we could extend the deadline to adjust to the slowness. Hang tight as John's team is double-checking all FAAB bids now and making sure everything is ready to be run. Thank you Greg, and apologies to your wife on your anniversary, as you shouldn't be dealing with this today.

That being said, this is the customer service that goes above and beyond.

That is why Fanball would be up "**** creek" if they didn't hire you, Tom, and Geoff!

YOU ALL NEED RAISES!!! :D Or maybe the IT team can give you 1/2 their salaries!

[ April 11, 2010, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: billywaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Originally posted by billywaz:

[QB] quote:Thank you Greg, and apologies to your wife on your anniversary, as you shouldn't be dealing with this today.[/QUOTE]She said "I'm not sure I agreed to this 18 years ago." Thank God she's a great sport. ;) Kids too. They got extra ice cream for dessert before this all came down, so I'm in good graces with them. :D

[ April 11, 2010, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Halfway through the over/under!

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Done with online double play well under the wire! Nice job!