NFBC and STATS Fixes

Bob Enzyte

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Bob Enzyte » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:04 am

On the live stats feed, would it be possible to add week to date stats to go along with today's stats, previous and year to date?

Raiders

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 am

I don't think you can see this. With respect to standings, I'd like to be able to see what the standings were at the end of a period. So for example, at the end of period 20, I'd like to see what the standings in the league were after period five (not just for period five). This way I could measure my improvement or failure.

Bob Enzyte

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Bob Enzyte » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 am

Greg, during this past year, STATS gave us a 2-week sample of their site. Any chance of them doing it again this off season?

DOUGHBOYS

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:28 am

Originally posted by Raiders:

I don't think you can see this. With respect to standings, I'd like to be able to see what the standings were at the end of a period. So for example, at the end of period 20, I'd like to see what the standings in the league were after period five (not just for period five). This way I could measure my improvement or failure. I think this would be a great add too.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:39 am

Originally posted by Bob Enzyte:

Greg, during this past year, STATS gave us a 2-week sample of their site. Any chance of them doing it again this off season? STATS Pass is an incredibly cool tool that is used by MLB general managers, scouts, agents, managers and players. We gave folks a two-week glimpse of it last year and many of you really liked it. In the NFFC this year, we gave people a month's worth of time to use STATS Pass if they signed up for multiple Main Events or live events and it went over very, very well.

We are considering that same early-bird incentive for the NFBC this year and are finalizing those plans now. Look for some more info on this, but yes I do believe we will be able to make STATS Pass available to NFBC owners early this off-season if/when they sign up for certain packages. All of that is being finalized now and we should have all of this revealed to you folks after the World Series.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TRAIN

NFBC and STATS Fixes

Post by TRAIN » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 am

I have two suggestions:

Suggestion 1.

Can a "compare different players" function like Fanball had last year which allowed comparisons between multiple players for the last 7, 14, 21, and more days be added?

EXAMPLE: If I am thinking about picking up a SP and there are 3 possible choices that I am looking at. I should be able to compare all 3 pitchers' stats for the last 7, 14, and 21 days. This function should also allow me to compare players already on my roster as well. In other words, the entire player pool of free agents and already rostered players should be able to be compared to each other for at least the last 7, 14, and 21 days.

Suggestion 2.

Unless I DAILY print out my league statistics for each of the 10 individual categories, there is no way to verify the previous day's individual category standings and totals to make sure the current daily stats are correct.

EXAMPLE: Today I looked at my WINS total and it said 41. I could swear that yesterday it also said 41 - yet I did get 1 WIN last night and in my mind should be 42.

There should be a way to be able to at least look at the PREVIOUS day's 10 individual categories to verify that TODAY'S 10 individual category stats are correct.

This could be remedied by adding the PREVIOUS day's 10 individual categories, as well as TODAY'S 10 individual categories, to the DAILY EMAILS that you send out.

The integrity of the stats of this game should be paramount, and adding this capability to ensure peace of mind to the individual owner, while also adding a further level of verification that the stats are correct, should be done.