Time For Shawn And I To Win LABR

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Time For Shawn And I To Win LABR

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Okay, I looked at these teams on the plane home and now I know why Shawn said "GO BIG OR GO HOME!!" Man, we gambled with these teams. As Shawn said, "well, at least they talked about the NFBC team a lot on the air!!"

I think we have to work the waiver wire in the NL to fill in some holes, don't you think? ;) Oh well, this should be a fun exercise. Any more thoughts on these crazy teams we assembled?
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Sands was $7 right?

After the aggressive start I thought your end game would result in a lot of dead spots with inactive players not getting at bats. You guys did an excellent job getting some cheap bats that should get some PT. Looks very good. I wouldn't trade it for another team. Best of luck

Jason

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Red Sox Nation- wrote:Sands was $7 right?

After the aggressive start I thought your end game would result in a lot of dead spots with inactive players not getting at bats. You guys did an excellent job getting some cheap bats that should get some PT. Looks very good. I wouldn't trade it for another team. Best of luck

Jason
I think we had $39 for 17 players and basically sat out of the bidding for 2 hours!! By the time everyone came back to us the player pool was thin and there was always one or two owners who pushed the marginal guys up. We targeted Sands and Domonic Brown and had to wait both out. It probably cost us Eric Young Jr. because we were saving for Brown and then when we pushed Brown out at $1 nobody else bid. That was crazy. We actually ended with money left because we were saving $7 for Brown. But yeah, Sands went for $7 and we were ready to go higher.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Doug Dennis really ended up with a team even his mother could not love. He has two guys that I have never heard of: Brad Brach and Joseph Whelan(who I think may be my plumber). That is after doing a Slow Draft, wherein the top 750 players are drafted.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Schwks wrote:Doug Dennis really ended up with a team even his mother could not love. He has two guys that I have never heard of: Brad Brach and Joseph Whelan(who I think may be my plumber). That is after doing a Slow Draft, wherein the top 750 players are drafted.
Dollars to a donut (WTF does that mean,anyway) that Whelan is Wieland. Both of these guys were discussed on the spring First Pitch Forum tours. Brach is a Padre reliever with great peripherals (When I was there, I told them they misspelled Brach, it should have been Boxberger).Wieland is also a Padre and was part of the Mike Adams trade and could start at some point.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

ToddZ wrote:
Schwks wrote:Doug Dennis really ended up with a team even his mother could not love. He has two guys that I have never heard of: Brad Brach and Joseph Whelan(who I think may be my plumber). That is after doing a Slow Draft, wherein the top 750 players are drafted.
Dollars to a donut (WTF does that mean,anyway) that Whelan is Wieland. Both of these guys were discussed on the spring First Pitch Forum tours. Brach is a Padre reliever with great peripherals (When I was there, I told them they misspelled Brach, it should have been Boxberger).Wieland is also a Padre and was part of the Mike Adams trade and could start at some point.
Old phrase, Todd.
Coined when donuts were cheap.
Somebody that bet his dollars to your donuts was supremely confident in being right.
Dollars to donuts that you knew that though... :)
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:35 pm

After looking over both drafts I'd say they were ah OK. Shawn you really let Greg talk while your drafting??? :lol:

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote: Old phrase, Todd.
Somebody that bet his dollars to your donuts was supremely confident in being right.
I don't bet money -- and there ain't no way I'm betting my donuts.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
ToddZ wrote:
Old phrase, Todd.
"Dollars" are actually upgraded. I think the original term was "dimes to doughnuts", obviously when doughnuts were cheaper than a dime. As I understand/used it, derivation was a betting term now in more common use. According to one website, "A dime to a doughnut' is a pseudo betting term, meaning that it didn't originate with actual betting involving donuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dimes are valuable, but donuts aren't.
Last edited by Edwards Kings on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 am

Greg/Shawn...I really like your odds on both leagues, especially the NL. Stage one is over (prep and auction), stage two (in-season management) can bring it home. If you can nail two positions with a few more AB as playing time becomes available to some of the current free agents, plus latch onto one more starter to strengthen what is already a strong suit, and stay healthy of course, you guys will be the champs! I really like both teams.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer