RIP To Greg's Mother

whipsaw

Re: RIP To Greg's Mother

Post by whipsaw » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 am

Most sincere condolences, Greg. Thank you so much for sharing and celebrating.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

Streptacular wrote:Thank you for sharing Greg. I lost my mom 21 years ago today when I was 19 from cancer. I watched her take her last breath that morning and I still think about her every day. It gets easier but days like today are hard. I am not a religious man but I hope you're right about being in a better place.
That's really young to lose your mom. I had to say goodbye to my dad 18 years ago today. Like you, I was in the room at the end. I was 33 at the time and I can say the experience changed me as a person in many ways.

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Greg. Thanks for sharing her story, that was a truly fantastic read. Sounds like a truly amazing woman.

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:23 pm

And now we know the rest of the story...Thanks for sharing some of the incredible and inspirational lessons your mother has taught you. And by retelling, those life lessons live on, forever...
- Robert

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:32 pm

You dont have to be a religious person or even believe in God, not to be emotionally moved by that amazing story. It immediately brought tears to my eyes and even as I am writing this.

There are those people that say "we are praying for you" or "I will pray for you" and they are just trying to be courteous and respectful. But, it sounds like your mom really was a prayer warrior, who actually prayed for many souls.

It sounds like your mom was truly an amazing, inspirational person who lived a life that will be celebrated in heaven.

Potter

Post by Potter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:46 am

I have what doctor's call a little bit of a "Mom envy" problem. Thoughts and prayers are with you Greg.

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:54 pm

My deepest condolences to all of the Ambrosius family. Greg, your loving tribute to your Mom was absolutely beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I am now in the "final days" vigil for my 93 year old mother-in-law who is also a strong Catholic that attended Mass every day until about one month ago. Even now the Priest comes to the house daily to give her Communion. I fully understand the importance of your Mom's faith to her. I shared your post about your Mom with the family gathered here at her home today and it brought all of them to tears as they are saying farewell to their Mom or grandmother. Thank you for sharing the story of your Mom's life in a way that brought such meaning and comfort to another family in grief. We pray for all of you as you mourn and celebrate your Mom's life.

Spartacus

Post by Spartacus » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank You for sharing that heartfelt and inspirational story Greg. My best to you and your family.
bob

poopytooth

Post by poopytooth » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:58 pm

Greg,

I'm really sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts.
Keep the memories with you.

Condolences,
Mike

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Thanks for all of the kind remarks everyone. I'm glad my post resonated with so many good people.

I'll put a capper on this thread by reporting that yesterday we had the funeral for my mom and it was the most beautiful celebration of life you'll ever see. We had visitation before the funeral and the community came out in full support to pay their last respects. The line was continuous for three straight hours and in fact the funeral started late so that everyone could pay their respects. It was really an honor to see so many people come out and show so much support for our family.

Thanks again for all of your support. I'm more than ready to move forward with the knowledge that I now have a special angel looking over me at all times. That means I better be good in Vegas because what happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. She's watching my every move!! I kind of like it that way. :D

Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius