If You See Any Roster Errors

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Before this gets too out of hand....

One can still set their lineup in Internet Explorer -- just not using the "Graphical Version" option. Currently, the system defaults to that when one selects "Set Lineup" -- that has led to many thinking that their roster isn't loaded when they get to that page.

In the upper right of the "Set Lineup" page is a "Classic Version" option that will allow IE users to enter their desired 23-man roster.

Thanks, guys. Before things actually get too out of hand...when can we expect to have our leagues "free agent" link actually work?

It's March 29th already...geez. If you can load the damn league roster...all the "other" players would be "free agents"

Not rocket science here.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Babe Ruthless

Post by Babe Ruthless » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Geoff,

When I go into set up for my satellite team I get this message:

"Sorry your league's roster's haven't been loaded yet."

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Originally posted by Bull Pen Pugs:

Yup, Im a tool.. good one.

Perhaps I stuttered for you, Yes, I refuse to alter my settings for this game.

Take it as you like. What you say, means nothing to me, sir. Well, I'll second the remark that you're a tool.. to refuse to use an alternate browser (if that's what it took, and it doesn't) so that you could use the system to help accomodate the difficult transition the NFBC is going through makes you a tool even though I realize what I or anybody else says to the contrary means nothing to you..

Jon

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:45 am

Saw this comment from Dustin at the WCOFB.

"As you've probably already noticed, lineups were loaded live at the draft and available for your review immediately after the draft."

Lets make this happen next year Greg and Tom. Makes a lot more sense than having someone write down the pick and then transfer into the system afterwards. It would be much easier on you guys as well.

Nevadaman

Post by Nevadaman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 am

To be honest, I'm a bit confused about all this. I thought the lineups were being added to the website during the draft. In fact, we were told that more than once. I saw the players being typed in during the draft, so WTF is going on? The WCOFB gets it right on their first try and we're still going through this nonsense seven years later. I'm going on a trip soon and still can't see my teams or set my lineups. It's getting OLD!!!

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 am

Originally posted by Nevadaman:

To be honest, I'm a bit confused about all this. I thought the lineups were being added to the website during the draft. In fact, we were told that more than once. I saw the players being typed in during the draft, so WTF is going on? The WCOFB gets it right on their first try and we're still going through this nonsense seven years later. I'm going on a trip soon and still can't see my teams or set my lineups. It's getting OLD!!! Drop me an e-mail -- I will personally look into what's going on.

Thanks
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

Nevadaman

Post by Nevadaman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

P.S. IMHO a Mexican buffet is not worth $100. If I had the choice to draft for less at a cheaper venue, I would. Once we're in a draft room, they all look the same to me!

GYOZTES

Post by GYOZTES » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 am

Geoff-you have not added Ramon Ortiz to my roster

Sam Botnick

Online League #456

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 am

Originally posted by GYOZTES:

Geoff-you have not added Ramon Ortiz to my roster

Sam Botnick

Online League #456 Yes, that is correct.

I will go through and add all Placeholders soon.

Thanks
[email protected]

JAGUAR

Post by JAGUAR » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 am

geoff what is my draft spot for april 1st 2pm .

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am

One can still set their lineup in Internet Explorer -- just not using the "Graphical Version" option. Geoff,

Why is this so?

The graphical version DID work on Internet Explorer a few weeks ago. :confused:

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

March 16th and 17th online double plays and even ones done yesterday have their rosters loaded but if we go all the way back to the 14th those ones are not loaded?...most likely because we did them on mdc ...

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

One can still set their lineup in Internet Explorer -- just not using the "Graphical Version" option. Geoff,

Why is this so?

The graphical version DID work on Internet Explorer a few weeks ago. :confused:
[/QUOTE]That's what guys much smarter than I are trying to figure out right now.
[email protected]

beausole

Post by beausole » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 am

I've mixed feelings on this, because I hate seeing the angry posts, they serve no purpose and Geoff, Tom, and the others obviously care a lot and have a great product, and also I have a general aversion to complaining, but have to say I'm moving on the spectrum to "antsy" with the week 1 main event Vegas rosters still not up 9 days later and close to the regular season. I've had my draft (partially) posted and strategy openly mocked on these boards. Now, I'm fired up to see the team and, more importantly, the free agents for when I cut the apparent bums I drafted. Can't say I'm going on safari or a cruise or any other such thing would impair my ability to see the rosters, but I am getting my a$$ kicked at work and would love the diversion. Can we get an honest opinion of when soon may be on these, as I think that's been the running party line. At least that would stop me from going over half a dozen times a day like a kid that doesn't know when Christmas falls on the calendar. Thx.

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm

quote:Originally posted by NorCalAtlFan:

quote:Originally posted by Bama:

The rosters for the march 19 LV mixed auction are not loaded under proper person. I got Shawn's sheety team showing as mine team and my sheety team is showing with dregs. Wow, the auction is a f*cking mess. We have Scott's team, Dave has our team. Your teams are screwed up. Awesome. [/QUOTE]I've reported the auction error to the tech team; that will get taken care of.

If you don't see your rosters listed, please hold tight -- still a work in progress.
[/QUOTE]Any update on when this might get fixed. Hopefully soon as like last week.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Originally posted by Bama:

The rosters for the march 19 LV mixed auction are not loaded under proper person. I got Shawn's sheety team showing as mine team and my sheety team is showing with dregs. Wow, the auction is a f*cking mess. We have Scott's team, Dave has our team. Your teams are screwed up. Awesome. [/QUOTE]I've reported the auction error to the tech team; that will get taken care of.

If you don't see your rosters listed, please hold tight -- still a work in progress.
[/QUOTE]Any update on when this might get fixed. Hopefully soon as like last week.
[/QUOTE]We have the issue isolated, but want to confirm it with the guy in charge of inputting the results, who returns to the office tomorrow from the live events of this past weekend.
[email protected]

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm

[/QUOTE]We have the issue isolated, but want to confirm it with the guy in charge of inputting the results, who returns to the office tomorrow from the live events of this past weekend.
[/QUOTE]This is a perfect example of why we have this uneasy feeling guys! Bama's post was on March 25th and now 4 days later it is still not fixed yet we aren't supposed to be concerned that rosters drafted 10 days ago still have errors and some still aren't even loaded? Again I want this to be a success and I am hoping for the best for you guys but again how can any of us feel comfortable that this Sunday there won't be issues with FAAB. Alot of time and money has been invested and a lot of money is on the line to have this many issues this late in the game. I tried staying away from these posts and the negativity but this is getting too late in the game with too many other prior issues for us not to be concerned. Time for results......
Hard Heads

Likewhat17

Post by Likewhat17 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm in $125 slow draft #1, and also Chicago 1 for the main, and neither of my rosters are loaded, and it also won't let me add a co-manager.. help!

-Dave Shovein

Latham

Post by Latham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am

Geoff,

Looks like Atlantic City league 3 has two teams with Carlos Marmol. One team is listed as drafting him in round 28 (which I assume is incorrect), but I don't know who that team actually drafted.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 am

Originally posted by Latham:

Geoff,

Looks like Atlantic City league 3 has two teams with Carlos Marmol. One team is listed as drafting him in round 28 (which I assume is incorrect), but I don't know who that team actually drafted. Yeah, we're aware of this one.

I'm going to start digging deep into the rosters tonight, so we'll get everything figured out.
[email protected]

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Not a roster for players per se, but in the 1300 NL Only league we are required to have 10 pitchers in our lineup but the site only allows for 9 spots. Hopefully an easy fix.
Hard Heads

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:25 pm

chicago league 3- 2 teams with stanton

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm

quote:Originally posted by Latham:

Geoff,

Looks like Atlantic City league 3 has two teams with Carlos Marmol. One team is listed as drafting him in round 28 (which I assume is incorrect), but I don't know who that team actually drafted. Yeah, we're aware of this one.

I'm going to start digging deep into the rosters tonight, so we'll get everything figured out.
[/QUOTE]Geoff, AC2 and AC3 have the CarlosMarmolCarlosMarmol problem -- the later one in each case should be Mike Stanton.

Confirmed with photographs of the draftboards.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Latham:

Geoff,

[/QUOTE]Geoff, AC2 and AC3 have the CarlosMarmolCarlosMarmol problem -- the later one in each case should be Mike Stanton.

Confirmed with photographs of the draftboards.
[/QUOTE]Awesome. Thanks!
[email protected]

pinstripepower

Post by pinstripepower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Slowdraft #18 rosters have not been loaded yet please help!!!