Geoff Stein Update: On The Road To Recovery

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:54 am

GREAT NEWS TODAY ABOUT GEOFF:

Tom and I just talked with Geoff, which was VERY encouraging. Geoff is now on the road to recovery and he's obviously very, very happy to be alive. He said he made a big turn in the last day and everything is looking very well for his recovery. He thinks he will be in the hospital for another week, but the doctors feel like they have the infection under control and no surgery was needed. He sounded weak, but he is very coherent and he said he might even be able to log online and give an update. I want everyone to know that Geoff has felt the love in the hospital and he's very, very thankful that everyone prayed for him and kept his family in their thoughts during this time.

Typical Geoff, he asked if we needed any help with the upcoming basketball drafts!! We told him we'd be fine, but that's Geoff. Always thinking about work. He sounds like the ol' Geoff Stein and hopefully he will be as strong and healthy as the ol' Geoff Stein very soon.

Tom and I were ECSTATIC to actually talk with Geoff today and he has made a remarkable turnaround in the last 48 hours. Thanks to EVERYONE for their thoughts and prayers. I believe the power of prayer and positive thoughts worked here for our good buddy. Thanks again. And keep him in your thoughts going forward because he still has a tough road ahead, but the infection has been whacked and Geoff is on the road to recovery. That's the miracle we were hoping for.

THANKS ALL!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 am

Way to go, Geoff!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Vander

Post by Vander » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:09 am

Happy to hear he's much better. Hope for a full recovery asap. Scary something like this could happen to someone so young. Get back out there and start enjoying life again as soon as you can.

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 am

Great news..thanks for keeping us updated Greg!

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:43 am

Awesome. Just awesome, guys.

Thank you so very much to everyone who took the time to email, send a prayer or just put my family and I in your thoughts. You guys truly helped me pull through -- I know for a fact that Tom can't watch all of those drafts on his own! I had to make it!!!

I am still in the hospital and likely will be until the middle of next week, so I'll be spotty with my board participation. Please note, however, that I will be personally answering every email that I received but it will take a while.

Finally, many thanks to Ryan, Greg, Tom and the entire Fanball crew. I truly look at them all as family and hope to one day repay them in .0000001 percent of the ways that they've helped and cared about me throughout this entire ordeal.

If there is any positive to this, it's that my offshore account stayed retired this past weekend. What in the world is happening in the football world!?

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me.
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 am

Geoff,

Great to see you are up and about, in a manner of speaking. Stay strong.

Spartacus

Post by Spartacus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Geoff

I remember when you were hired by Fanball, how surprised and grateful you were at the extent of the MB goodwill sent your way. With a bit of gallows humor your response was: (I'm paraphrasing here) 'I should have you guys speak at my funeral!' I know I speak for everyone when I say that nobody here wants the job ;) Glad to hear you're on the mend. Welcome back my friend!
bob

JerseyHitman

Post by JerseyHitman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Sooo great to see you posting Geoff! Take it slow and get well.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

AWESOME TO SEE YOU BACK GEOFF!!!!

sandckaye

Post by sandckaye » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm

HEY Geoff

Finally after all these years , I had a prayer answered. ARSOME Get well soon

Stan

sandckaye

Post by sandckaye » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 pm

AWESOME...I cant spell or type

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Time for your next shot. Oh baby :D

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

as long as you're there she'll check out that prostate... :eek:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 pm

now nobody told HER you're going home next week...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

Thank you so very much to everyone who took the time to email, send a prayer or just put my family and I in your thoughts. You guys truly helped me pull through -- I know for a fact that Tom can't watch all of those drafts on his own! I had to make it!!!

I am still in the hospital and likely will be until the middle of next week, so I'll be spotty with my board participation. Please note, however, that I will be personally answering every email that I received but it will take a while.

Finally, many thanks to Ryan, Greg, Tom and the entire Fanball crew. I truly look at them all as family and hope to one day repay them in .0000001 percent of the ways that they've helped and cared about me throughout this entire ordeal.

If there is any positive to this, it's that my offshore account stayed retired this past weekend. What in the world is happening in the football world!?

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me. Geoff,

Words cannot express how great it is to see you posting here after being literally at "death's door" just a few days ago. I'm happy to have been just a .0000001 part of all the positive intention and prayer that helped you pull through. Don't push it too hard too fast, man. I'm sure that Greg, Tom, and company can manage without you a while longer...besides they can always call on Jupinka to lend a hand since he's obviously got nothing better to do now that he's the new king of the NFBC and a big shot celebrity. He's gotta start earning his keep! ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Glad you are on the road back and NEVER do that (whatever that is) again.

I am glad the good hospital folks could help!

As to the pain meds, take ten and call us when Nurse Goodbody is through with her exam!

Get well soon as the people at Fanball don't know what to do without you!

[ October 15, 2010, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 am

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me. Wow, it's just great to see you posting again Geoff. Heck, I think you even spell better under medication than you did before!! :D Keep getting better and realize that the prayers and thoughts haven't stopped from any of us. We are ALL still praying and thinking about you. Keep heading on the road to recovery and we'll have you working late night drafts before you know it. ;)

Yesterday when I called Geoff and was surprised to talk with him, I told him I hope he realizes how close he came to death's door. He said he now realizes that and is so lucky to be alive. Since my kids watch Ghost Whisperer I asked him if he ever saw the light. He said he didn't cross over, but he did wish he would have seen Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's when I knew he was getting better!! :D

Great stuff Geoff and I'll call you for an update shortly. AWESOME COMEBACK MY FRIEND!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:21 am

WOW! How cool to hear from you Geoff, continue in your recovery cause we all miss you and can't wait to have you back where you belong.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:04 am

Originally posted by Plymouth:

WOW! How cool to hear from you Geoff, continue in your recovery cause we all miss you and can't wait to have you back where you belong. Tom and I just talked with Geoff and he's out of the heart unit of the hospital and sounding much, much stronger. You can really tell the difference in his voice today over yesterday. He said he's starting physical rehab now and he hopes to be out of the hospital by mid-week. They still have to get all of this staph infection out of his bloodstream, but they definitely have a handle on it and everything looks good for him.

He's ready to watch football this weekend and get back to work in a few weeks. GREAT NEWS for a GREAT GUY. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and never take your health for granted.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

SluggoJD

Post by SluggoJD » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:28 am

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me. Wow Geoff, just seeing you come online and post to all of us, is a huge relief to me and everyone here. They must be giving you some really cool drugs, because you have come back so far, so fast. Amazing!

You keep getting better!

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:13 am

Great to see that Geoff is feeling good enough to post here.Geoff,you are truly a class gentleman who is always ready to help others,even when he is not totally 100% himself.You are a shining example to all of us!!Keep getting stronger and get home soon!!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:01 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

now nobody told HER you're going home next week... Nurse Ratched has had it with Geoff and is almost ready to release this boy from his Grand Rapids hospital!! :D Tom and I just talked with Geoff and he's doing much better and even doing work for Fanball from his hospital bed. He's giving Live Advice now if you want to ask him a question!! Geoff sounded like his old self today and it looks like he's going to be home and working hard again real soon.

GREAT RECOVERY Geoff and keep it going. The ol' team is happy to have you back and working again. Let us all know when you've handed your hospital gown back to Nurse Ratched and you're back in jeans and a T-shirt!! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

Sorry I haven't provided an update on Geoff recently, but I talked with him again today and I'm happy to report that he's been home since Tuesday afternoon. He's good to go and even working online for Fanball, doing Live Advice for Owner's Edge customers. He said he's frustrated by how quickly he wears down, but that's going to take some time, which is tough for a young cat like Geoff. :D

But he's on the road to recovery and talking just like his old self. He's going to help Tom this weekend with our basketball drafts and he's excited about getting our NFBC Slow Draft season started, so all looks good. The NFBC team has its power forward back in the starting lineup. Great recovery Geoff and keep building up that strength and keep that infection out of your system.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Great to hear!