Win $40,000 In The 2016 NFBC Cutline Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Win $40,000 In The 2016 NFBC Cutline Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Asumijet wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Asumijet wrote:Greg,

How will games on Sunday April 3rd be scored? Will those games be there own separate week or will they be included in Week 1 as a Sunday to Sunday exception?
This is a good question that we'll have to mull around internally. We certainly did not expect MLB to have three games on Sunday when they've never had more than one Sunday Night Game before. Right now Sunday is its own week since we always run scoring Monday-Sunday, but we'll have to talk this one through. Ideally, I'd like that Sunday to be part of the full Week 1 because of the three games, but we'll meet internally and announce shortly.
Any update? When we getting this game started? :D
We're going to unveil the NFBC Cutline Championship this week. As soon as I have the launch date I'll post here and we'll get signups rolling. We're excited to unveil these and host drafts every night if demand warrants it. Let's do this!!

Draft and let the computer pick your best starting lineup during the year. Just two FAAB pickups during the season and drafts that we hope will be done in under 3 hours. Can't wait.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:25 am

It looks like the NFBC Cutline Championship is now officially LIVE ON REGISTRATION!!

Our first NFBC Cutline Championship draft is set for Friday at 9 pm ET. We have time to fill this one up. Who wants to make history by participating in the first NFBC Cutline Championship League?!! :D Registration is now available.

Let's start with the details. Here's the NFBC Cutline Championship Contest page:

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/contest/ ... sp?id=1579

We have almost $100,000 in guaranteed prizes with a $40,000 grand prize. We're late with the arrival of this game, but it's important to launch this format and test everything out. We believe in the optimal scoring lineup format and the points-style format with this product. Now it's time to get busy and have fun every night of the week going forward.

Here's the schedule for this weekend if you want to plan ahead:

9:00 PM ET, Friday, January 22, 2016
1:00 PM ET, Saturday, January 23, 2016
8:00 PM ET, Saturday, January 23, 2016
8:00 PM ET, Sunday, January 24, 2016
9:00 PM ET, Monday, January 25, 2016

These are 10 teams, 36 round drafts at 55 seconds per pick. I think these will be quick and enjoyable. Thanks all for your support with this product, your great feedback with this product and for all you do with us. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:27 am

Also, I will have an update today on the new HTML Draft Room. We have fully tested it and it is ready to go. I think we'll allow all of those in Draft Champions Leagues to have first access to this draft room and after a couple of days of testing we'll make a decision there. Again, we will take any and all feedback there, but the key is launching this product and making it easier for all of you to draft from so many different devices today. This will help. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

EA Sports

Post by EA Sports » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:17 am

Hi Greg,

Any update on how the April 3rd games will be scored? Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks,

Eric
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 am

EA Sports wrote:Hi Greg,

Any update on how the April 3rd games will be scored? Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks,

Eric
We will finalize that curveball and post that answer shortly. Damn MLB!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:59 pm

It's worth noting that through yesterday we had 93 completed Cutline leagues and two more tonight. With a goal of 130 leagues we are on pace to have a sellout in the first year of the NFBC Cutline Championship. Thanks all.

It's also worth noting that since we start taking signups for the Cutline we have had only ONE league filled in advance of that night's Cutline. We wanted this to be an impulse buy product, but you folks have taken that thought to the max. Last week an April 3rd Cutline filled up, becoming the only Cutline League that did not fill up on the day of the draft. Amazing.

I'm very proud of the Cutline for many reasons, but the fact that most of these are being done in 2 hours or 2:15 is exactly what we all wanted. 36 rounds in just over 2 hours is an amazing look at the player pool. I think the two FAAB periods will go well and I'm really excited to see the software picking the top scorers and watching the Live Standings throughout this. Should be pretty cool. I think we've created something good together. Thanks all.

Next year I think if we debut this in November with all of our other products we can give a nice bump to the grand prize. We'll see where we finish this year, but that's a good possibility.

Just a heads up in these last 12 days, we aren't going to push it to the max to get a new Cutline at the end of every day. We're not pushing this to the max just to get as many signups as possible. We have other contests each night that we're going to fill up as well and it's important that the Online Championship keeps selling out in order to make goals on that record $100,000 grand prize. We're not going to compromise the OCs just so we can get one more Cutline on a certain night, or even a Satellite League for that matter.

So what I'm saying is that you don't have to be afraid to sign up for a Cutline league in advance of the draft night!! ;) That would be awesome. Let's fill some of these last leagues up in advance and move on. We're cool with that. It's been a great, great drafting season and I'm convinced that we'll close it out over these next 12 days in grand style. Thanks all and continued good luck in all of your drafts going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:It's worth noting that through yesterday we had 93 completed Cutline leagues and two more tonight. With a goal of 130 leagues we are on pace to have a sellout in the first year of the NFBC Cutline Championship. Thanks all.

It's also worth noting that since we start taking signups for the Cutline we have had only ONE league filled in advance of that night's Cutline. We wanted this to be an impulse buy product, but you folks have taken that thought to the max. Last week an April 3rd Cutline filled up, becoming the only Cutline League that did not fill up on the day of the draft. Amazing.

I'm very proud of the Cutline for many reasons, but the fact that most of these are being done in 2 hours or 2:15 is exactly what we all wanted. 36 rounds in just over 2 hours is an amazing look at the player pool. I think the two FAAB periods will go well and I'm really excited to see the software picking the top scorers and watching the Live Standings throughout this. Should be pretty cool. I think we've created something good together. Thanks all.

Next year I think if we debut this in November with all of our other products we can give a nice bump to the grand prize. We'll see where we finish this year, but that's a good possibility.

Just a heads up in these last 12 days, we aren't going to push it to the max to get a new Cutline at the end of every day. We're not pushing this to the max just to get as many signups as possible. We have other contests each night that we're going to fill up as well and it's important that the Online Championship keeps selling out in order to make goals on that record $100,000 grand prize. We're not going to compromise the OCs just so we can get one more Cutline on a certain night, or even a Satellite League for that matter.

So what I'm saying is that you don't have to be afraid to sign up for a Cutline league in advance of the draft night!! ;) That would be awesome. Let's fill some of these last leagues up in advance and move on. We're cool with that. It's been a great, great drafting season and I'm convinced that we'll close it out over these next 12 days in grand style. Thanks all and continued good luck in all of your drafts going forward.
This is an amazing accomplishment, especially considering the late start and the scoring system that many considered not marketable. Bottom line is, everyone here loves to draft and for the price and the possible top prize, it was an easy sell to me and many others.

What a great decision, to go for it this year, instead of waiting. In addition, I think the OC/Online Plus concept was a good one as well and although not as well received, the Primetime was going nowhere fast and something needed to be done in order to keep the 12 team drafters happy and combining the OC and Primetime was a good idea. Hopefully it will catch on next year.

Great job this year with the Cutline/DC/Main Event!! Ready for New York this week!!

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Greg,

Glad to hear Cutlines are selling so well.
Have a scoring question: With the optimal scoring programming running on a weekly basis after Sunday games, I'm wondering how multi-position eligibility will work when a player becomes eligible at a position midweek?
Using Sano as an example, let's assume his 10th game in the OF falls on Wednesday in Week 2. Is he OF/UTL eligible the next day moving forward? Eligible the next full fantasy week, Week 3? Or perhaps he is OF/UTL eligible for all of Week 2 stats? Please confirm.

Thanks

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:Greg,

Have a scoring question: With the optimal scoring programming running on a weekly basis after Sunday games, I'm wondering how multi-position eligibility will work when a player becomes eligible at a position midweek?
Using Sano as an example, let's assume his 10th game in the OF falls on Wednesday in Week 2. Is he OF/UTL eligible the next day moving forward? Eligible the next full fantasy week, Week 3? Or perhaps he is OF/UTL eligible for all of Week 2 stats? Please confirm.

Thanks
... if player gains eligibility by the end of a week he would be considered eligible for the entire week retroactively.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 am

KJ Duke wrote:
Fast Eddie wrote:Greg,

Thanks
... if player gains eligibility by the end of a week he would be considered eligible for the entire week retroactively.
Correct
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 13, 2016 9:29 am

Just a heads up that thanks to the strong demand in the debut season of the NFBC Cutline Championship league we were able to up the payments in the Championship Round and will now have prizes for all 20 teams that make it to the final round. This was always the goal because once you get to the "final table" you should have prize money awarded to you. I'm glad we were able to make this happen.

Here's the new prize format that is updated on the site now:

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/contest/ ... sp?id=1579

3. Prizes
Prizes are awarded for league and overall standings.
Overall Prizes
Championship Round
1. First Place = $40,000
2. Second Place = $20,000
3. Third Place = $10,000
4. Fourth Place = $7,000
5. Fifth Place = $5,000
6. Sixth Place = $3,500
7. Seventh Place = $2,500
8. Eighth Place = $2,000
9. Ninth Place = $1,500
10. 10th Place = $1,250
11. 11th Place = $1,100
12. 12th Place = $1,000
13. 13th Place = $950
14. 14th Place = $900
15. 15th Place = $850
16. 16th Place = $800
17. 17th Place = $750
18. 18th Place = $700
19. 19th Place = $650
20. 20th Place = $600

This has been a fantastic debut season for the NFBC Cutline Championship and I'm glad we could make this work. Good luck to all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius