If You See Any Roster Errors

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 pm

A couple of requested upgrades for the Free Agent page:

1. Players eligible at multiple positions are only listed at one. For instance Jerry Hairston Jr. is only listed at 3B when he should be listed at 3B, SS, and OF. Hank Blalock is listed as DH when he should be listed as 1B. There are many many more. The good news is that when I sort by SS, Hairston does show up.

2. I'd like to be able to sort by percentage owned like we could with the old system.

Vander

Post by Vander » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

chicago league 3- 2 teams with stanton My team is one of them. I should have Wakefield instead of Stanton. Thanks.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Stop the draft...my spreadsheets!
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

MB123

Post by MB123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:53 pm

My league is still not posted League 6 New York

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm

The $200 Super Satellite draft from 3/16/10 has not been loaded.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:04 pm

I honestly wonder what would happen if the player feedback was removed from the equation regarding errors.

I'm not talking player feedback for opinions and upgrades and ideas...just errors.

It's almost like a month long process of trying things out, and allowing the gripes of the MB to filter through the problems that go unchecked without the MB...but in reality...this entire event should run smoothly WITHOUT this message board.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Highrollers

Post by Highrollers » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Geoffrey,

I don't know if it has been brought up yet. The players for the March 14th Online Double Play League 2 haven't been loaded onto the Fanball site.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Ignore me, I'm drinking.

...it would be a HELL STORM if from day one, everyone was tight lipped regarding errors of all types.

They need to put us all on the payroll as beta testers! ;) ;) ;)

Sorry. It just seems so backwards. Does any other free site or high stakes site do this to this degree? :confused:

~Albert Einstein

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Ignore me, I'm drinking.

...it would be a HELL STORM if from day one, everyone was tight lipped regarding errors of all types.

Sorry. It just seems so backwards. Does any other free site or high stakes site do this to this degree? :confused: Do the other 'free' sites treat you like family the way we're treated here?

Jon

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Originally posted by DrDobs:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Ignore me, I'm drinking.

Sorry. It just seems so backwards. Does any other free site or high stakes site do this to this degree? :confused: Do the other 'free' sites treat you like family the way we're treated here?

Jon
[/QUOTE]Family? No. (at least not how my family treats me...sits and talks for hours and is genuinely interested in what I say...real family...I'm very lucky.) Customer? Yes. ...and depending how GOOD of a customer...even better.

The word "family" is a big word in my family.

Greg and Tom and E and Geoff and the rest can create a really great thing here. I think they will. ...but family? That's pushing it.

~Albert Einstein

MCPTRS

Post by MCPTRS » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm

I never drafted Carlos Marmol in AC 1

I did draft Michael Stanton in the same draft yet there's no record of him on my roster.

I believe I drafted him with the pick that is being kept by Carlos Marmol in the 30th round?

Whatever I figured this was relevant.

Thanks.

Mike C.

AC 1 (Main)
Pedroia = Bald Midget

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Family? No. (at least not how my family treats me...sits and talks for hours and is genuinely interested in what I say...real family...I'm very lucky.) Customer? Yes. ...and depending how GOOD of a customer...even better.

Greg and Tom and E and Geoff and the rest can create a really great thing here. I think they will. ...but family? That's pushing it. I think you're taking my quote a little too literaly and not understanding the basic point I was trying to make in that here at the NFBC you receive a very personal service, the people who run this league actually make it a point to know who you are and make sure that your experience here is a good one.

It's small things like writing bio's about people when they get involved with the main event, posting the city and state where you're from, etc. They work hard here to create an atmosphere of comradery between all of us, including the people who run the show.

I didn't actually think anybody here was going to come over for Christmas and that should be rather obvious... Perhaps your bitter attitude is better suited for the "free" sites you appreciate so much.

Jeez.. I'll be sure never to say I "love" my team. You'll probably think that I'd want to mary them!

Jon

[ March 31, 2010, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: DrDobs ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 am

Originally posted by DrDobs:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Family? No.

Greg and Tom and E and Geoff and the rest can create a really great thing here. I think they will. ...but family? That's pushing it. I think you're taking my quote a little too literaly and not understanding the basic point I was trying to make.

I didn't actually think anybody here was going to come over for Christmas and that should be rather obvious...

Jon
[/QUOTE]Damn, I better tell my wife not to expect so many over for Easter then... ;)

Glenn

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:22 am

I was thinking of having the tech team over for easter myself ;)

Big Fish

Post by Big Fish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 am

Perhaps Fanball can apply to the federal government to reimburse all of us our entry fees for the work that some of us are putting in. It would make sense given the times; a few guys like Glenn Schroter and Dobies researching each league doing most of the work, busting their butts to make this model work, and guys like me doing nothing and benefiting. At least I am not complaining.

I think the American Recovery Act could kick in here. Just a thought but might be worth looking into?

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 am

Originally posted by matt25112:

I was thinking of having the tech team over for easter myself ;) Great idea. Then they could see what it takes to do about 10 of these Faab leagues and then maybe they could have a better understanding of the time wasted on all the extra unnessary cliking and loading of pages. Looks like the fa gong to be workable first weekend but in need of some improvement to get to close to where we was last year.

[ March 31, 2010, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:02 am

I wish I had that problem, I still have no loaded rosters.

I understand the tech team is doing everything to improve the FAAB and working round the clock but I am leaving town tomorrow night and I am not guaranteed internet. I have no problem calling in FAAB bids or any make shift way we have to do it, because I have no doubt even if problems occur they will be corrected but I can not call in and ask to be named the free agent list I really hope we can work on this before they continue to work on the less important problems. I understand there is a lot wrong with faab but it seems to be working so that can be a work in progress to fix the preference/load speed stuff.

Not trying to complain too much just really waiting for those rosters I've had a few injuries since my march 14th draft(makes me regret doing the draft early but I also feel like I got value on guys due to the draft that early, glass can be half empty or full). I also thought about what you guys said about these draft being loaded faster than the past year and your right you got me thinking and that is a lot of work you guys have to do in a short period of time. It is tough seeing the drafts done yesterday loaded and March 14th not though.

Thanks for the hard work keep it up.

What is Sunday? Easter or opening day? I guess it depends who your asking. :D

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 am

The time it took me to type that the rosters were loaded after haha.

Thanks guys I will not complain about every little thing just had to see the free agents before leaving.

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:09 am

Hang in there. At this time yesterday i had 4 of 9 rosters not loaded and now i lack only 1 so they are getting there.

Foo Dog

Post by Foo Dog » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

$325 slow draft #3, team is Herradura Seleccion Suprema, I still have 2 placeholders, they should be Mike Moustakas and Tim Beckham. Not that they will be of much use to me but 45 rounds in Jan was brutal! How do I get them added to my bench? TKS
Well it isn't something I would hope for-------Kirk Gibson after getting hit in the face

RTKS

Post by RTKS » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 pm

In the NY $1300 Auction it shows I have Juan Castro, that should be Starlin Castro that I took with my last pick in the snake portion of the draft.

Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks,

RT Davis

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I still have placeholders instead of players for my two slow drafts....can we please get the players in there....thanks.

Glenn

MichiganFantasyTeam

Post by MichiganFantasyTeam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:53 pm

Slow drafts 4, 17, and 18 are not loaded?

Does anyone know when these will be up?

Am I missing a post...if so, sorry...I can't find any info on these specific leagues. I was under the impression that all leagues are now available?
Over The Top

Bobby J

Post by Bobby J » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Satellite $325 slow draft #2

placeholder for me is Chris Heisey

Super $200

placeholder for me is Jorge Jimenez

Satellite $325 slow draft #5

not loaded yet

thanks

Bobby Jurney
Some Assembly Required

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Our rosters appear to now be loaded in $125 slow draft FAAB #3, but no buttons to do bidding with in free agency. Thanks.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1