The best Baseball Fantasy players!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:29 pm

I know its early but I don't care. Shawn and Kevin of CC have proven to be the best over the last two years. This year they're in the top scoring league (LV1) and they're blowing everyone one away in the contest. To be in the top scoring league and lead this contest is hall of fame if there was one. Greg and Tom I know your both great. But if I had to bet I would put my money on the CC team. They are scary good!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:31 am

John, those guys are definitely good, no doubt about it. What's great about our events is we're really seeing some guys who are clearly strong fantasy players -- either for just baseball or football or both. As we go along it's going to be even more interesting to see which guys continue to step up with strong showings from year to year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:36 am

There's no question that an NFBC Hall of Fame is a good idea, and trust me neither Tom nor I are worthy of that! :D We'll give the contest a few years and then create an online Hall of Fame page. I should get started on that page soon with photos of our overall champion and more. Good idea.

We still need to tweak the Lifetime Standings a bit, but that definitely will show our top teams from year-to-year and will help us determine our first class of Hall of Famers down the road. I'm sure it will be as good as the baseball's inaugural class of 1939.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:49 am

John thanks for the support, but you might have put the Walla Walla curse on us!! I think we dropped like a rock after your post. There are a lot of smart baseball people in the contest. I'm sure over time we will see. We have had a nice run, but it could just be a good run of luck. I think Doughboys have been rock solid all year and if they gets the wins. They are going to be tough to beat. He has put in double starters all year and I can't remember a week where he took a beating because of it. Moneymaker and MBGS109 have been knocking heads all year and either one of them could take the title. And don't forget about Mr. Appleton just waiting for Vlad to have hot streak to push him up. Good Luck to all, but with 18 days to go...it is actually more than a whole fantasy football season to go!!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:48 am

Shawn, You'll win it. Greg a few more years? What are you waiting for? Gekko to learn baseball?? ;)