Countdown to the NFBC

Quahogs

Re: Countdown to the NFBC

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 am

Winston's Empire wrote:
Quahogs wrote:
Winston's Empire wrote:Thanks a lot Glenn! That should keep us all busy until tomorrow. :)
??? Max, time to get a grip. You just thanked him for pic posting a fat umpire.
Steve, I know.... :shock: Tongue in Cheek OBVIOUSLY!
Ok Max you were starting to worry me :shock: Maybe Santa will bring you some sarcasm/roll eye graemlins Image

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:02 am

Only 92 Days 'til "The Contest".

I suppose right now Lindy would be considered the Master of Our Domain.

And yes, I didn't forget those readers of this thread who've come to expect the obligatory boob pic.
Remember, it's like looking into the sun, don't stare directly at them, it's too risky. :)

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:29 am

Excellent artistic symmetry for #92. Flow and relativism spot on and the climax a big crowd pleaser !

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 am

91 Days 'til the NFBC kicks off its 2012 season and its Highest Stakes Private Leagues with the First Annual "MtM" NY Metropolitan League Invitational Super to be held in the great metropolis of Mahwah, NJ, otherwise known as Sin City East. :)
In all seriousness, this will be a great league with its list of committed and tentative participants some of the greatest players in our game. Also with MtM handling the festivities, there's little doubt it will be a blast of a good time as well. Remember boys, what happens in Mahwah, stays in Mahwah. :o

As Mike has pointed out, I was an early tentative participant in the MtM Super and honestly really looked forward to the challenge. Unfortunately, there was another High Stakes Private League that for the past three years has been calling my name from further out west. This week, I finally couldn't help but answer. Against some of the very best players that the NFBC has to offer, I will be making the ultimate wager on my abilities in the NFBC Diamond. :o :o :o
What the hell was I thinking? :o Beats me, but I can not wait.

Good luck to all those who play in these Highest of High Stakes Leagues. The Supers, the Ultimates, and of course, the......

(Obligatory boob pic responsibility now satisfied. :))

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:02 am

You are definitely being creative my friend, I'll give you that!! :mrgreen: The way you are having text to go appropriately with the boob photos is very creative. Props for that!!!

Oh, and props on the early collection of photos too. I think it may increase traffic on our message boards this off-season!! Ratings are already up. :mrgreen:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 am

Glenn, this is some funny stuff! Good luck in that Diamond pal. I remember talking with RT last year before that draft, tough group, but a great time for sure! :D
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 am

Ok, I keep looking at the last photo and I cannot figure out the diamond reference...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:58 am

I actually have this game as a sit down console version with Excite Bike on the other side! Still one of the best arcade baseball games ever made in terms of its simplicity and game play. The all time greatest player teams version is still a classic. And Glenn, thanks for douching me on the MTM Invitational Super again. :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 am

Quahogs wrote:Ok, I keep looking at the last photo and I cannot figure out the diamond reference...
What diamonds? :geek:
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Money

Post by Money » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Thunder wrote:
Quahogs wrote:Ok, I keep looking at the last photo and I cannot figure out the diamond reference...
What diamonds? :geek:
OK Glenn,

Keep the T&A coming, it might take the club away from their homework. You'll be pretty hard pressed to top the Philly's rack shot and the Erin Andrews as shot? Well, it speaks for itself...... Keep trying though. :D
Joe

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Glenn baby, ya boy rockits gon take 1 for the team and be "interviewed" by this muy bonita senorita (since u forgot her, she's hurt and since I'm so close to her place, I volunteer to fill her in about this great contest Greg's got going here :mrgreen: )

[attachment=0]
Attachments
Ines_Sainz_6.jpg
Ines_Sainz_6.jpg (28.26 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
Always be closing.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry Rockit. You're not eligible to be interviewed by Ines as you're in an exempt state. Image

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Sorry Rockit. You're not eligible to be interviewed by Ines as you're in an exempt state. Image
that's cold Glenn, kick a man when he's down! that's ok...i ain't a tree. if az doesn't get there shit together there's always
Attachments
welcome_to_california.jpg
welcome_to_california.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
Always be closing.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Here's a couple reasons Arizona's worth fighting for rockit !

Money

Post by Money » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 pm

rockitsauce wrote:Glenn baby, ya boy rockits gon take 1 for the team and be "interviewed" by this muy bonita senorita (since u forgot her, she's hurt and since I'm so close to her place, I volunteer to fill her in about this great contest Greg's got going here :mrgreen: )

[attachment=0]
Awesome As s. I'm appointing myself the official judge of the T&A's moving forward. This will give the rest of you time to keep studying. I have my priorities in line.

By the way this As s is second to the Erin Andrews shot earlier. Long ways to go. What is it 236 days?
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 pm

90 Days 'til those of us that live in most of the United States, Canada, and abroad get the chance to draft live in the NFBC.

Unfortunately unless Rockit, Walla (I thought he retired anyway?), and others who live in exempt states decide to move before those 90 days are up, their baseball this year may be limited to watching their local teams.

Of course not all is lost. Their states are eligible to join other types of contests.

Happy Holidays everyone. To those in states that matter in fantasy baseball as well as to those in the states that don't. ;)

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Steve, Glenn...I appreciate all the lovely pics u posted of the ASU coeds north in PHX but I'd like to point out that TUCSON, aka the Old Pueblo, has it's share of lovely ladies too
Attachments
16619_t.jpg
16619_t.jpg (150.99 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
Always be closing.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:38 am

I know it's only 89 Days 'til the NFBC and this is a baseball thread, but today's Countdown post can't be about either. For today my fantasy sports focus is all about another contest and another sport. I'm currently in 6th place, a tough 63 points behind the leader in the FFPC Football Championships with only 9 players left to go to make up the difference, 8 who play today. It'll be a near impossible task to catch the leader, but not completely impossible. Who knows, perhaps I can complete the Hail Mary needed to achieve this improbable scenario.

So, I'll bend a knee and say a prayer to the Fantasy Gods and who knows what kind of miracles can happen. Works for Tebow. Image

So Good Luck to everyone who have their own Fantasy Football dreams today. Maybe if we can get Santa's attention, he'll give us a little Christmas miracle for our stockings today. ;)

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Glenn - great job in pulling (almost) even with the leaders.....looks like they have you with Colston vs your Matt Bryant but stranger things have happened and many of us here will be rooting for the upset for you.

PVH

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Captain Hook wrote:Glenn - great job in pulling (almost) even with the leaders.....looks like they have you with Colston vs your Matt Bryant but stranger things have happened and many of us here will be rooting for the upset for you.

PVH
Thank you Perry. I really do appreciate the well wishes. I agree that the odds are against me, but it took a miracle to get me to this position, what's one more? :D
Either way, what an exciting and fun day.

Good luck to you and everyone else still battling in their football playoffs and overalls.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:45 am

88 Days 'til the NFBC, but this morning as I wait for my kids to wake, much more importantly there's 0 Days 'til Christmas!

Jingle "Belles" everybody.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:09 am

87 Days 'til the 2012 NFBC. This year, as there is every season, a new champion will win it all. This year, also as there is every season, there will be a runnerup. The Lindy-KJ race to the last game last year proved that the difference betwen the two are often just a hairline, a fraction of the battle that we wage all season long. The competition in our events is so strong that oftentimes the second place team would have been just as a worthy a champion, just one bad break, one wrong decision, one different outcome from being where they worked so hard to be. Recently Greg posted a thread honoring our Main Event overall runnerups. I don't know every name, but the list includes some of the most revered and acknowledged players in our game. Doughy, RT, Kevin Schiller, Gekko, KJ, all have a Main Event runnerup finish on their resumes. Even the great Jupinka finished 2nd one year before deciding to join the list of 1st place finishers 2 years later.

In fact, oftentimes in life the 2nd place finisher ends up being a helluva lot more interesting post-contest than the Champion......

On a side note, tonight in another contest it will be decided if I finish 1st or 2nd, or possibly further down the line. With an apology to those esteemed runnerup finishers I mentioned above, if it's OK I'm hoping the Fantasy Gods help me finish on the other list this one time. :)

Hoping to see a ton of this image tonight.....

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 pm

You. Are. Due. Take it home brother.

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Yep... Go Get'em Glenn!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Quahogs wrote:You. Are. Due. Take it home brother.
Thank you Brother. From your BIG BOLD FONT to the ears of the Fantasy Gods. :)
Thank you too Max.

Tonight should be a blast for anyone still fighting in the football playoffs. These last couple days have been for me. One more night would be just enough. :)