Countdown to the NFBC

Glenneration X

Countdown to the NFBC

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:47 am

We are in the heart of Fantasy Football playoff season, snow & ice are on their way, and Christmas is just around the corner.

However, we are also in the heart of Hot Stove season, Shandler's Forecasters are on their way, and our Christmas in spring is just a little further around the block. Yes ladies & gentlemen, today leaves just 100 Days 'til the NFBC!!!

Last edited by Glenneration X on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Winston's Empire

Re: Countdown to the NFBC

Post by Winston's Empire » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Glenn, this just made my day! Can't wait to see what you come up with if you do your entire countdown again this year!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 am

Winston's Empire wrote:Glenn, this just made my day! Can't wait to see what you come up with if you do your entire countdown again this year!
Thanks Max. The Countdown will likely be somewhat intermittent this year, especially early on. Having started 100 days out this time, my options with the higher numbers are somewhat limited. Unlike our friends in football and hockey, there haven't been too many baseball players who've donned jerseys adorned with those higher digits. I'll see what I can come up with though to keep it going as much as possible. Image

So now back to the Countdown.....

Only 99 Days 'til we start our live NFBC drafts and auctions. The long season ahead will obviously change the way we feel about those teams but coming out of the draft rooms, there won't be one of us who won't be thinking...."Um..Winning!!!"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Winston's Empire wrote:Glenn, this just made my day! Can't wait to see what you come up with if you do your entire countdown again this year!
Thanks Max. The Countdown will likely be somewhat intermittent this year, especially early on. Having started 100 days out this time, my options with the higher numbers are somewhat limited. Unlike our friends in football and hockey, there haven't been too many baseball players who've donned jerseys adorned with those higher digits. I'll see what I can come up with though to keep it going as much as possible. Image

So now back to the Countdown.....

Only 99 Days 'til we start our live NFBC drafts and auctions. The long season ahead will obviously change the way we feel about those teams but coming out of the draft rooms, there won't be one of us who won't be thinking...."Um..Winning!!!"

Just like you to be so non-committal, Lowy. ;)

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 am

98 Days 'til the NFBC and once again "false positives" :roll: have affected our draft plans. What to do with Mr. Braun now? Drop him 4-5 rounds on our draft boards as I've seen suggested on these boards? Drop him further? Or does the testing instead solidify his original top of the 1st round projected draft slot? After all, he has stated in the past that if he ever took steroids, he'd hit 60 home runs. Hard to pass that over 2/3 of a season. :roll:

Let's give Braun a little credit though. When Manny gets caught taking "fertility pills" :roll: , it's always in the middle of our fantasy seasons. At least Braun had the good graces to get caught before we drafted him. :) 98 days before we have to decide if 2/3 of Braun is better than a full season of other options.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:10 am

Only 97 Days 'til the first live NFBC draft or auction following the retirement of Frank Kowalski from our event as the practice of Aliases has also been retired by Greg and replaced by the option of remaining Anonymous. So far so good as I've yet to see Frank Anonymous of Some Town, USA listed on any of the Signup Lists. If anyone does decide to be the first to utilize the practice, we've found the perfect icon for your team page. :)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 am

96 Days 'til we start choosing the players we hope will be the heros of our fantasy teams. I suppose Pujols would have to be considered Superman. Kemp seems to make a solid Batman with his multiple tools. Robin? Ellsbury seems to fit the mold in my mind.

.....and Wonder Woman? Well this girl sure makes me wonder! :o :o :D

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:32 am

You thinking about switching favorite teams in the NL East Glenn?!

And we all thought only Mets fans were boobs! :D
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:35 am

Glenneration X wrote:96 Days

greatest thing you've ever posted Glenn.
Always be closing.

Post by 751542 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:01 am

rockitsauce wrote:

heaven, i love great racks! now, i know why i am a HUGE phillies fan! :lol: 34d i presume!
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:17 pm

We are all numbers guys here so I am going to take the "over" on your prediction Rockit. 36D

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:58 pm

TOXIC ASSETS wrote:We are all numbers guys here so I am going to take the "over" on your prediction Rockit. 36D
that's Ricky T's guess Ken, me I don't speculate, I just appreciate :D
Always be closing.

Post by 751542 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:05 pm

RoundTrippers wrote:
rockitsauce wrote:

heaven, i love great racks! now, i know why i am a HUGE phillies fan! :lol: 34d i presume!
i must have pulled this thread up 10x today, what a great pic! i just cant convince my girl to upgrade, :(
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 pm

RT, nobody here will judge you if this picture becomes your new Avatar! :o
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 am

Thank God or at least Greg, Tom, and STATS, because in 95 Days we'll still be able to draft live in a high stakes fantasy baseball contest, our NFBC. In a few hours, ESPN's Outside the Lines will be running an expose on the most recent high stakes contest and the biggest to default on our money, the WCOFF/WCOFB. Here's to hoping this story helps get all those that were stolen from all that they deserve and are owed.
Here's to also hoping that all those who did the stealing get what they deserve and are owed as well. Image

Image Image

Money

Post by Money » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 am

rockitsauce wrote:

Glenn, how will you ever top this?
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 pm

94 Days 'til the live drafts begin for the last remaining trustworthy high stakes fantasy baseball contest, our NFBC.

I thought ESPN did a fair job in their expose on the WCOFF, although some others felt that they should have mentioned the NFFC and FFPC as being the honest counterparts to what took place at the WCOFF. Maybe so. Perhaps we can persuade ESPN to follow up yesterday's negative story on the WCOFF with a positive story next week on the NFBC. The only request I would make is to swap out the reporting team. No offense to Bob Ley and crew, but in following with the WCOFF theme and ESPN's own partial focus on the female facilitators in referee garb, I would recommend that they send some of their "fairer" reporters to perform this expose. :)

Hannah Storm would be a solid choice to visit Lindy for his interview as she obviously has the footwear to navigate the hazards of a thriving pig farm.

I'd recommend that Suzy Kolber interview Massatto. If she can keep Namath in line, she should certainly be able to handle MtM. Well, maybe.

Rachel Nichols would be perfect for the Doughy interview as it would give him the opportunity to quench his enduring attraction to Ann Margaret. Well Dan, they do sorta have similar hair. Image

Jupinka, Childs, RT, Dobies, KJ and a few other charter members of the NFBC with multiple titles would be interviewed by Jenn Brown. They've earned that right. I apologize to you newcomers, but you just don't walk in and get interviewed by Jenn Brown. You have to work your way up to that. Joe, Max, for now you'll have to settle for Chris Berman. :shock:

After seeing this next picture, I knew Michelle Beadle would be the perfect candidate to interview Gekko. Mark, I hear she likes when those she interviews critique her interviewing skills and comment on how they would ask the questions. ;)

As for myself, I'll do what I typically do. I will volunteer to take on the toughest interview of them all. I will sacrifice my time and safety and peace of mind and spend a few hours alone with.....arghh, I can barely get the name out without cringing.....Erin Andrews.

Damn, the things I'm willing to do for this contest. :D

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 am

Some of your very best work to date Glenn!
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 am

All rules debates for the upcoming season are now behind us and long in the books, leaving us with revised or new rules on late season pitching moves, Frank Kowalski, and our new NFBC XII contest amongst others. Only 93 Days 'til the rules decisions that came out of these debates go into effect.

For the most part, these debates were professional, friendly, and cordial. Some, maybe not so much. Image
Either way, I'm glad we're past them and can now just focus on prepping for the season ahead. :)

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 am

umm Glenn, where are the daily boob pics ? :?: :cry:

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 am

Quahogs wrote:umm Glenn, where are the daily boob pics ? :?: :cry:
Ya Glenn... We all forgot about your countdown already and instead thought this turned into a Softcore Baseball Thread :lol:
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 am

Winston's Empire wrote:
Quahogs wrote:umm Glenn, where are the daily boob pics ? :?: :cry:
Ya Glenn... We all forgot about your countdown already and instead thought this turned into a Softcore Baseball Thread :lol:
Not wanting to disappoint you guys but at the same time not wanting to veer off of today's Countdown theme, this was the best I could come up with that incorporated both umpires and boobs. Enjoy.

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks a lot Glenn! That should keep us all busy until tomorrow. :)
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 am

Winston's Empire wrote:Thanks a lot Glenn! That should keep us all busy until tomorrow. :)
??? Max, time to get a grip. You just thanked him for pic posting a fat umpire.

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 am

Quahogs wrote:
Winston's Empire wrote:Thanks a lot Glenn! That should keep us all busy until tomorrow. :)
??? Max, time to get a grip. You just thanked him for pic posting a fat umpire.
Steve, I know.... :shock: Tongue in Cheek OBVIOUSLY!
Cubs Fan Since 1987