"MTM" NY Metro Invitational IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!

Baseball Furies

Re: The First Annual "MTM" NY Metropolitan League Invitation

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey Sack,
I enjoyed letting you win last year to help boost your ego a bit :lol: . However, this year I will show you no mercy. ;) The league is a sanctioned NFBC Super with all the bells and whistles and then some. I would be more than happy to hook you in on the phone with Joey there live. That would work fine. It will start right around 7:00 pm EST on the Friday the 23rd. See what you and Joe can work out because he won't do it on his own at this point. I understand that you have some logistics to work out, so no rush. I'm hopeful to have you on board to further represent the great state of NJ albeit from Missouri :mrgreen: Keep me posted.

-MTM
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Sack

Post by Sack » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Good deal Mike, sounds like a plan! I hope you have spent as much time doing your homework as you have in recruiting this league my friend. You are going to need it, this is shaping up as a tough field! Maybe this season you'll remember that those
nice pitching spots carry 50% of your League points. Oops, couldn't resist big guy! Again, thanks for consideration. Hope to
make this work.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Man this league's getting more interesting, and frightening, by the day.

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Been away all day and I missed all of this!

Ken- I'll PM you.
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Sack wrote:Good deal Mike, sounds like a plan! I hope you have spent as much time doing your homework as you have in recruiting this league my friend. You are going to need it, this is shaping up as a tough field! Maybe this season you'll remember that those
nice pitching spots carry 50% of your League points. Oops, couldn't resist big guy! Again, thanks for consideration. Hope to
make this work.
You just worry about yourself there, Sack. I've been all over it since the season ended and have already been drafting for two months in prep for this year (including pitchers :mrgreen: ). You won't be sneaking up on anybody this year, particularly in this league. :P Just make it happen. Joey is going to be reaching out to you.

-MTM

P.S. Lowy is pussing out more than ever as he sees the talent piling up in this league.

Recent photo of Glenn Lowy
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Man this league's getting more interesting, and frightening, by the day.
You should be afraid, Glenn...this is a man's league :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 am

Mike:

Southwest has a flight into St Louis out of Newark on Saturday morning, March 24th. Think I'm going to reschedule the Friday NFBC XII in St Louis, just so I can spend some quality time with you on Friday night. Newark Airport a nice short ride from Mahwah.

I've gotten a message from Joe and dropped him a note. I'm hoping our discussions can lead to you adding another team to your fine gathering of talent in the Garden State. Leave Glenn alone, he is throwing a lot of cash around in Weekend #2. If he does manage to jump in we could have a real AC 2011 reunion. Can we reach out to the St James Bulldogs? ;)

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 am

Hey Mikey, Very good work digging up that old movie pics. I am one of the only people to have actually have seen that horror movie. Now for bonus point can you name who the star actor of the film is?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 am

Baseball Furies wrote: P.S. Lowy is pussing out more than ever as he sees the talent piling up in this league.

Well, at least you got my good side Mikey. :)

Still, if I ended up joining this league, I think I'd have a stronger resemblance to this cat. Who plays the part of the cow?
Well, let's just say I've decided to call him Moo-satto. ;)

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:44 am

Congrats Mikey...you have finally won our battle! Sack and I have decided to join forces and take you and the rest of the all star cast down! And the cherry on top is that both heads of Team Anthony/Magner will be there live!

Now please, move back onto Glenn...as he is owed payback as well for the last 2 weeks of torture he's put me through!!
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Hey Mikey, Very good work digging up that old movie pics. I am one of the only people to have actually have seen that horror movie. Now for bonus point can you name who the star actor of the film is?
:lol: I actually knew who he was as soon as a I saw his picture: Clint Howard aka Ron Howard's little brother. I'm sure Ron's very proud of his brother's work. :mrgreen: He's been type-cast in roles like that since he first appeared as a kid-like alien in what popular, scyfy t.v. show of the '60's?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Cobb wrote:Congrats Mikey...you have finally won our battle! Sack and I have decided to join forces and take you and the rest of the all star cast down! And the cherry on top is that both heads of Team Anthony/Magner will be there live!

Now please, move back onto Glenn...as he is owed payback as well for the last 2 weeks of torture he's put me through!!
AWESOME!!! And will do. Already have begun to shift my "attack" back on to Lowy. :mrgreen: Hey Greg, you getting all this?! THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE BAD-ASS BUNCH OF MO-FO'S DOING BATTLE AND HAVING A BLAST THAT NIGHT IN NJ! Thanks to Ken an Joe for making this work. We are now at 10 live...Let's keep it rolling. 8-) 8-) 8-) And whoever win this league title will have truly earned some serious bragging rights!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Sack wrote:Mike:

Southwest has a flight into St Louis out of Newark on Saturday morning, March 24th. Think I'm going to reschedule the Friday NFBC XII in St Louis, just so I can spend some quality time with you on Friday night. Newark Airport a nice short ride from Mahwah.

I've gotten a message from Joe and dropped him a note. I'm hoping our discussions can lead to you adding another team to your fine gathering of talent in the Garden State. Leave Glenn alone, he is throwing a lot of cash around in Weekend #2. If he does manage to jump in we could have a real AC 2011 reunion. Can we reach out to the St James Bulldogs? ;)
Is that Christie? Reach out to him as well, I will do the same later. Thanks again, Ken. It will be great to see you there with the rest of us East Coast fanatics. :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Cobb wrote:Now please, move back onto Glenn...as he is owed payback as well for the last 2 weeks of torture he's put me through!!
AWESOME!!! And will do. Already have begun to shift my "attack" back on to Lowy. :mrgreen: And whoever win this league title will have truly earned some serious bragging rights!
No doubt Mikey! As whoever wins this league will have bested at least 9 NFBC superstars....and you. :P

Joe, I already plan on sending Mikey a private E-mail with a recommendation of someone else who he can recruit now that you've succumbed to his soft sell approach.
I have a list pages long of east coast players to send Mikey one at a time to keep him distracted from turning his "attack" back in my direction. ;)

Hmmm, who next..... I got it, I think Gekko needs a call. Gekko and MtM in the same draft. Even if not playing, that might be worth driving out to Mahwah to witness. :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:
Cobb wrote:Now please, move back onto Glenn...as he is owed payback as well for the last 2 weeks of torture he's put me through!!
AWESOME!!! And will do. Already have begun to shift my "attack" back on to Lowy. :mrgreen: And whoever win this league title will have truly earned some serious bragging rights!
No doubt Mikey! As whoever wins this league will have bested at least 9 NFBC superstars....and you. :P

Joe, I already plan on sending Mikey a private E-mail with a recommendation of someone else who he can recruit now that you've succumbed to his soft sell approach.
I have a list pages long of east coast players to send Mikey one at a time to keep him distracted from turning his "attack" back in my direction. ;)

Hmmm, who next..... I got it, I think Gekko needs a call. Gekko and MtM in the same draft. Even if not playing, that might be worth driving out to Mahwah to witness. :D

Too late. Way ahead of you. Gekko already declined. Something about not coming if Lowy is not coming. And also being intimidated and frightened by the competiton in this league. Sound familiar? ;) ;)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote: P.S. Lowy is pussing out more than ever as he sees the talent piling up in this league.

Well, at least you got my good side Mikey. :)

Still, if I ended up joining this league, I think I'd have a stronger resemblance to this cat. Who plays the part of the cow?
Well, let's just say I've decided to call him Moo-satto. ;)

Yeah I could see the resemblance with the boobs and all. :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

We now have 10 of the best of the best in the East. Who else has got the cojones to hang with us and show us what you got? :mrgreen:

No one will actually be executed at the draft table at least not by hanging. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 am

Nice job Mikey, your spending more time study movie history than fantasy could have you behind the 8 ball in a few months. bonus points for knowing that was Ron Howards little brother in the bad killer ice cream man movie. Get Fandango to sign up then you will get Gecko to continue their feud. Keep on Glenn, I feel him weakening,send his wife some gift cards for the mall good only for that night. LOL

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Nice job Mikey, your spending more time study movie history than fantasy could have you behind the 8 ball in a few months. bonus points for knowing that was Ron Howards little brother in the bad killer ice cream man movie. Get Fandango to sign up then you will get Gecko to continue their feud. Keep on Glenn, I feel him weakening,send his wife some gift cards for the mall good only for that night. LOL
Good idea, I'll get right on it. ;) I know Glenn is just trying to wait to be number 15 so he can draw more attention to himself to help further stroke his ego, so I'm already counting him in. :mrgreen: Who is Fandango and where is he located? I will try him if you think he's a good candidate.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 am

Here's the current lineup card. Let's get those final five to join us in Jersey. :)

"Mike the Mouth" NY Metropolitan League Invitational Super Event"
Friday, March 23rd, 6-9 pm starting time tentative, Mahwah Sheraton + Online

1. Mike Massotto, Caldwell, New Jersey
2. Joe Thelen, Garden City, New York
3. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey
4. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5. Roy Ericson, Little Falls, New Jersey
6. Michael Lins, Hillsborough, New Jersey
7. Dan Mitlof, Congers, New York
8. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
9. David Deterra, Jamestown, Rhode Island
10. Joe Anthony/Ken Magner, Freehold, New Jersey
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Roy's Outlaws wrote:Nice job Mikey, your spending more time study movie history than fantasy could have you behind the 8 ball in a few months. bonus points for knowing that was Ron Howards little brother in the bad killer ice cream man movie. Get Fandango to sign up then you will get Gecko to continue their feud. Keep on Glenn, I feel him weakening,send his wife some gift cards for the mall good only for that night. LOL
Good idea, I'll get right on it. ;) I know Glenn is just trying to wait to be number 15 so he can draw more attention to himself to help further stroke his ego, so I'm already counting him in. :mrgreen: Who is Fandango and where is he located? I will try him if you think he's a good candidate.
That's easy MtM - leave a trail of these from his house to the draft room. He'll be there ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

Baseball Furies wrote:

Ummmm, this is helping stroke my ego how exactly? :?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:

Ummmm, this is helping stroke my ego how exactly? :?

Would the Johnny Walker Blue help get you there? It can be arranged. My people have a lot of connections in NJ. ;) And if makes you feel any better, Glenn, I have posted a more flattering photo of you to follow.

Glenn after a few shots of JWB at the draft table with his war face on. "I'm no pussy!"

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:28 am

Hey Mikey, the JWB is for fandango. u must not have heard about his proformance a few years back at the main. If he drafting we might need Ken to bring his a stun gun or some big bucket of ice to keep him awake during the draft.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Hey Mikey, the JWB is for fandango. u must not have heard about his proformance a few years back at the main. If he drafting we might need Ken to bring his a stun gun or some big bucket of ice to keep him awake during the draft.
My mistake...and he's not invited. I think Mayor Carmine DePasto said it best when he said...

"We don't need no drunken riots in my town."