"MTM" NY Metro Invitational IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!

Greg Ambrosius

"MTM" NY Metro Invitational IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Okay, Mike Massotto is trying to create a very unique Super League on the first weekend of NFBC drafts and is still looking for a few good men. If you have what it takes to join this league and would like to win $20,000 then consider this league. If all goes well, it would draft on Friday, March 23rd from Mahwah, New Jersey, although we could hook folks up online/teleconference if needed. We'll take 15 live bodies first, but this isn't hard to hook folks up online if needed.

I'll let Mike explain the basis of this Super League, but basically he's looking for an East Coast league that proves who is the best of the best from the right-hand side of the country. He has 7-8 guys who have committed to this $2,500 league and he's looking for 15.

Mike is actually calling this league the "Mike the Mouth" NY Metropolitan League Invitational Super Event". Now that will do it!! :mrgreen: If you want to compete, just post your name here and I'll add you to the signup list. We'll finalize the start time and the rest, but we'll definitely be at the Mahwah Sheraton. More details to come and Mike can add to what I have here already. It's just an idea for now, but if it catches on it could be a fun new contest that is an annual hit. Let's do it.

Mike, jump in and spread the word. I'll add to the signup list as the commitments come in. Let's make sure folks are good to go before adding them to the list. A lot of time has passes since we first proposed this idea to everyone. Thanks for trying to get this league going and I look forward to a fun, fun weekend in Mahwah.

"Mike the Mouth" NY Metropolitan League Invitational Super Event"
Friday, March 23rd, 6-9 pm starting time tentative, Mahwah Sheraton + Online

1. Mike Massotto, Caldwell, New Jersey
2. Joe Thelen, Garden City, New York
3. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey
4. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5. Roy Ericson, Little Falls, New Jersey
6. Michael Lins, Hillsborough, New Jersey
7. Dan Mitlof, Congers, New York
8. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
9. David Deterra, Jamestown, Rhode Island
10. Joe Anthony/Ken Magner, Freehold, New Jersey
11. John Lemke, Brooklyn, New York
12. Marc Perlmutter, Chappaqua, New York
13. Scott Fleming, Totowa, New Jersey
14. Nelson Sousa, Saugerties, New York
15. Glenn Lowy, Farmingville, New York
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: The First Annual "MTM" NY Metropolitan League Invitation

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for setting this up Greg and helping me out. The following owners have committed to me via e-mail, and if there are any changes since then, I am sure that they will let you know. As of now, Lowy is dogging me, but I will work on him/wear him down ;) . So here's who we have in addition to me: Steve Jupinka, Rick Thomas, Mike Edelman, Joe Thelen, Jeff Dobies, and Roy Ericson. Joe Anthony is still trying to get his fiance's permission to spend more money on drafts this year as opposed to putting it toward the wedding. I am sure that that will go over just fine and we should expect him on board soon. :lol:

Whoever is interested in this league, I am working out some extra's including a dinner and drinks reception at the hotel the Friday night of the draft, March 23rd prior to the draft itself which would start around 9:00 p.m. There are a few other surprises that I am working on that won't cost you anything additional should you wish to participate. My goal is to create an annual, elite live event of some of the best of the best of the East going at it for bragging rights and a nice pay out. So who else has what it takes to take on Mike "The Mouth" and stand toe-to-toe against this cast of other NFBC champions? :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Joe Thelen is Garden City, NY, unless my geography is failing me...Let's get the others I posted up there Greg. Thanks!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey Greg,
How do I track down some of the guys who I would like to personally invite. I know their names, but not all of their "handles". Where do you search for them on the site? I can locate pasts posts which reference certain NFBC competitors and their teams, but not where to PM them directly. What am I missing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-MTM

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Okay,
Need some serious, hardcore competitors to test their mettle this first weekend out here in NJ. If you have committed to me already via e-mail, you need to contact Greg directly to confirm your participation for posting on this thread. Who's game for a shot at the big bucks, bragging rights, the trophy, and a serious good time to kick things off for the NFBC season in the state that boasts some of the best of the best this competition has to offer? Let's get some momentum going on this! 8-)

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Okay,
Need some serious, hardcore competitors to test their mettle this first weekend out here in NJ. If you have committed to me already via e-mail, you need to contact Greg directly to confirm your participation for posting on this thread. Who's game for a shot at the big bucks, bragging rights, the trophy, and a serious good time to kick things off for the NFBC season in the state that boasts some of the best of the best this competition has to offer? Let's get some momentum going on this! 8-)
Greg, I confirm that I will be attending the inaugural MtM Draft.

Trophy ? Nice. Just so it epitomizes the founder... which will it be MtM?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:15 am

Well done there, Champ! Happy to have you on board. Still taking applications for additional owners with balls :D . Please inquire within. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Ok, we have a few sharks in the water starting to swarm to the chum. Who wants to take a swim with some of the best in the East?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:22 am

So it looks like we are up to FIVE now re-confirmed with me. Who else wants in on this party?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:25 am

Still looking for several more hardcore, die-hard competitors for this NJ First Weekend Friday Night Super Event. If you are one of the best of the East or even if think you are, this competition is for you. PM me or post a reply on this thread. :)

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Mike,

Sorry for not getting back to you, football was consuming all my time, but now that the fantasy football season is over it's time to start talking baseball!

Sign me up! I'm looking forward to everything you have lined up, can't wait until March. :mrgreen:

Mike

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey Mikey!!! Great to hear back from you. Looking forward to drafting and competing with you again soon. Please let me know of anyone you think we can get to join us for this thing. It's going to be a blast! :D Greg, please add Mr. Edelman to our list for the MTM Super 8-) Let's keep the momentum going!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 am

Looks like we have another fish on boys...he's another NJ competitor and he's due to give me confirmation in a day or so. :D Greg, please update this thread when you can. Thanks. 8-)

crazytown

Post by crazytown » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Mr. MTM,

Will All participants be live at the Mahwah Sheraton or will some be on a conference call?

Thanks,

Dan
Rockland County, NY

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:31 pm

crazytown wrote:Mr. MTM,

Will All participants be live at the Mahwah Sheraton or will some be on a conference call?

Thanks,

Dan
Rockland County, NY
Hey Dan,
My goal is to have everyone there live. Not a fan of the conference call scenario. I will have 15 live top-notch competitors at the drafting table that night and for dinner. It'll be old school all the way! Would love to have you on board. Let me know. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:41 pm

So with fellow Jersey boys Roy Ericson and Mike Lins due to make it official soon, we are beginning to line up a great group of serious competitors. Who else has what it takes to lock horns with the Beasts of the East for the big bukcs? :mrgreen:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:15 am

Poopy in the house ! Awesome Mike...Sheraton's right up 287 for you !

poopytooth

Post by poopytooth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 am

Quahogs wrote:Poopy in the house ! Awesome Mike...Sheraton's right up 287 for you !
I'm only in because I hear YOU are easy money! :lol: How have you been? Will be good to see you again. I just need to confirm with work that I will not be traveling at that time. I don't think i will, but will know for sure this week coming up.

This should be a fun league.

Greg,

Any issue if I switch from the 3/30 super to this one?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:41 am

Quick update, with two confirmations including Mike Lins "Poopytooth" squad on the way, we are starting to pick up some momentum. C'mon boys. Who's game for jumping in this thing for a shot at the big bucks? :mrgreen:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:55 am

poopytooth wrote:
Quahogs wrote:Poopy in the house ! Awesome Mike...Sheraton's right up 287 for you !
I'm only in because I hear YOU are easy money! :lol: How have you been? Will be good to see you again. I just need to confirm with work that I will not be traveling at that time. I don't think i will, but will know for sure this week coming up.

This should be a fun league.

Greg,

Any issue if I switch from the 3/30 super to this one?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
That's fine. Let's fill this up and get it done. Mike, is this the correct signup list or am I missing someone? NINE SPOTS LEFT!!!

"Mike the Mouth" NY Metropolitan League Invitational Super Event"
Friday, March 23rd, 6-9 pm starting time tentative, Mahwah Sheraton + Online
1. Mike Massotto, Caldwell, New Jersey
2. Joe Thelen, Garden City, New York
3. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey
4. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5. Roy Ericson
6. Michael Lins, Hillsborough, New Jersey
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:29 am

Yes, you have it right, Greg. :) And Roy Ericson is Little Falls, NJ. Thanks!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Okay, we are six...do I hear seven? Come on Dan, step to the plate. We'd love to take your money from ya! ;)

P.S. Jupinka made me say that. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Hey Greg,
Please post to the league entrants and welcome New York competitor, Dan Mitlof from Congers, NY to the party! :D That being said, the gaunlet has been laid down that I will not be able to have 15 live competitors there for this event. Perhaps it has never been done..until now that is! I need my NJ/NY boys to represent to show the rest of the country how it's done. Who has what it takes to go all in for the big $$$ and what is sure to be a great night? :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 am

Okay, who is going to be big number eight to jump in and compete this first weekend in March in scenic NJ with this bunch of hardcore competitors? Any true warriors out there that can stand toe-to-toe with us? :mrgreen:

Notice how there are seven of us in the pic? Jupinka is the one on the left with the fro. :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 am

Joe Anthony is weakening boys...he's succumbing to the peer pressure of his fellow warriors. Let's all urge him to be number eight and counting! :D Otherwise we will just be stuck with him loitering drunk around the draft table. :lol:

"JOOOEYYY...COME OUT TO PLAYAY!"