Whatever Happened to Brien Taylor?

poopytooth

Whatever Happened to Brien Taylor?

Post by poopytooth » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:13 pm

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... lor-story/

In high school, we got to play against East Carteret and Brien Taylor. It was his senior year and there were scouts all over. We couldn't wait to face him and beat him. He struck out 10 in 3 innings...one of his strikeouts zipped right past the catcher...when the game was over (and I was the losing pitcher) we all talked about how one day we'd see him pitch in the major leagues and tell our kids we played against him.

WOODERSON

Re: Whatever Happened to Brien Taylor?

Post by WOODERSON » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Back on the farm in NC. lively arm but couldn't find catchers mitt.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 pm

He's the projected #3 starter for the Mets.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

poopytooth wrote:http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... lor-story/

In high school, we got to play against East Carteret and Brien Taylor. It was his senior year and there were scouts all over. We couldn't wait to face him and beat him. He struck out 10 in 3 innings...one of his strikeouts zipped right past the catcher...when the game was over (and I was the losing pitcher) we all talked about how one day we'd see him pitch in the major leagues and tell our kids we played against him.

that was innerestin' story. thx 4 posting! fangraphs is good like that. it's a shame how it turned out for that guy. man, he was up there w/ Chipper! When I was stationed in ft. Bragg I recall seeing all those little shit towns nuthin' but trailers lined up on top of each other. If I recall correctly Michael Jordan's father was murdered while he slept in his car parked alongside a small hwy near Bragg. Bleak. The opp'y to make it out of that and have it all go up in smoke b/c of a stupid fight....uuugh. He may say things about doing the rt thing by his family what have u, but I think the guy has to think EVERY DAY what might have been.

I realize alot of us may go thru life thinking what might've been, but not many of us have 1st rd draft choice of NY Yankees on our resume either :mrgreen:
Always be closing.