2nd Annual - $1000 SLOW "MAX-PAIN" DRAFT

Winston's Empire

2nd Annual - $1000 SLOW "MAX-PAIN" DRAFT

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Well boys, we are only 4 weeks away from throwing out our first pitch and starting the 2nd Annual NFBC $1000 Slow Draft! Congrats to our Defending Champ Mike "The Mouth" Massotto. Mike will have his hands full defending this title, but this is a league title most of us would be proud to have on our mantle, so congrats MtM!!! :D
This years draft will start on Monday, February 20th at Noon EST. I am thinking we should have our KDS's emailed to Greg ([email protected]) no later than Noon on Monday, February 6th. Greg will run the KDS and announce the Draft Order right away, giving us all plenty of time to put together our strategies to beat each others brains out!
Sound Good?

2nd Annual NFBC $1,000 Slow Draft Owners List
1. Max Ogden, Neenah, Wisconsin
2. Rick Thomas, Lewes, Delaware
3. Glenn Lowy, Farmingville, New York
4. Mike Massotto, Caldwell, New Jersey
5. Greg Doyle, San Ramon, California
6. Ando, Village Grove, Illinois
7. Dave Potts, Auburn, Alabama
8. Gaëtan Lavoie, St. Lambert, Quebec
9. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey
10. Ralph Ehrman, Bolingbrook, Illinois
11. Marc Perlmutter, Chappaqua, New York
12. Jim Ferrari/Shawn Childs, San Diego, California
13. Jeff Dobies, Farmingville, New York
14. Bruce Bevacqua, New Milford, New Jersey
15. John Bosch, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Last edited by Winston's Empire on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

WOODERSON

Re: 2nd Annual $1000 SLOW DRAFT THREAD

Post by WOODERSON » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Just curious as I may have missed something previously, but is the Feb. 20th starting draft time set in stone, or are there any other options for starting this draft maybe a little earlier?

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 pm

WOODERSON wrote:Just curious as I may have missed something previously, but is the Feb. 20th starting draft time set in stone, or are there any other options for starting this draft maybe a little earlier?
That is the Monday that Pitchers and Catchers start reporting for Spring Training. When we put this league together last year, I heard from a lot of the guys that they didn't want to start it any sooner than that and it really serves as most guys last run up and prep to the Live Events! I know another guy (GLENNX :D ) who is itching to get going too, so I decided to set the KDS date for two weeks before the draft, so Greg can get us our Draft Order two weeks before we start. This will allow some smack talk to start rolling and give me enough time to come up with a strategy to RIP the the League Title from the hands of MtM!!! :mrgreen:
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Also, if you guys have any questions or need to send me a message, just post it here. My account won't let me send Messages for some reason. I have 4 that are stock in my OUTBOX. Frustrating!
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 pm

WOODERSON wrote:Just curious as I may have missed something previously, but is the Feb. 20th starting draft time set in stone, or are there any other options for starting this draft maybe a little earlier?
Sorry Wood, Max has put this draft off so far in the future that Greg has decided to change the name to 2012's 1st NFBC mid-season league. It's been so long since I signed up for this thing, I had forgotten I was even in it. :?

Also, is that the list of other drafters in this league??? What the hell was I thinking when I signed up to throw away a grand to this group of sharks. I must have been concussed from banging my head against the wall over my fantasy football teams when I decided to volunteer as chum here. At least with Max's scheduled start time, I get to hold onto my money for a few more decades. :P

All joking aside, this will be my first draft of the year and I can not wait. Should be quite a challenge. 8-)

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Sorry Wood, Max has put this draft off so far in the future that Greg has decided to change the name to 2012's 1st NFBC mid-season league. It's been so long since I signed up for this thing, I had forgotten I was even in it. :?

Also, is that the list of other drafters in this league??? What the hell was I thinking when I signed up to throw away a grand to this group of sharks. I must have been concussed from banging my head against the wall over my fantasy football teams when I decided to volunteer as chum here. At least with Max's scheduled start time, I get to hold onto my money for a few more decades. :P

All joking aside, this will be my first draft of the year and I can not wait. Should be quite a challenge. 8-)
Glenn, all joking aside, I am a little concerned this will be your first draft! Some of us have 3 Slows in already and others like RT are participating in ALL of the slows that are offered and will be ready to rumble come February 20th!
Gotta be ready to go if you want to take down our champ, MtM... Aka THE JUNK YARD DOG! (Stuck with your Dog theme from the Mtm Invitational Thread) :mrgreen:

Cubs Fan Since 1987

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Winston's Empire wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:

Glenn, all joking aside, I am a little concerned this will be your first draft! Some of us have 3 Slows in already and others like RT are participating in ALL of the slows that are offered and will be ready to rumble come February 20th!
Gotta be ready to go if you want to take down our champ, MtM... Aka THE JUNK YARD DOG! (Stuck with your Dog theme from the Mtm Invitational Thread) :mrgreen:

I think I prefer Diamond Dog, because with all the money everyone will be "donating" to me this year, I can afford plenty of them. :mrgreen:

Or if you prefer something a little more literal...

And by the way, Lowy, if this is your first draft of the season, you are going to get absolutely pasted! :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 am

3 Weeks from today we will start this Mother of All Slow Drafts! 1 Week from today we need to get our KDS's into Greg, so we can set the draft order for planning purposes.

Greg just let me know what we have 1 Spot Open in this league. First come first serve!!!! Who Wants in?

10. Marc Perlmutter, Chappaqua, New York
11. Jim Ferrari/Shawn Childs, San Diego, California
12. Jeff Dobies, Farmingville, New York
13. Bruce Bevacqua, New Milford, New Jersey
14. John Bosch, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Highrollers

Re: 1 SPOT LEFT - $1000 SLOW DRAFT THREAD

Post by Highrollers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 am

If there is a spot left. I would like to take the last one.

Ralph Ehrman, Bolingbrook, Illinois

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am

ralfel wrote:If there is a spot left. I would like to take the last one.

Ralph Ehrman, Bolingbrook, Illinois
It's yours Ralph. Welcome aboard.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Any chance we can get the KDS out of the way asap? The more planning time the better! Greg Doyle
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 pm

fwicker wrote:Any chance we can get the KDS out of the way asap? The more planning time the better! Greg Doyle
That would be just fine with me Greg, if guys don't mind moving it up. Thoughts guys?
Lets hear it all...
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Winston's Empire

2nd Annual $1000 SLOW DRAFT THREAD

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Here is the New $1000 SLOW DRAFT Owners List.

10. Marc Perlmutter, Chappaqua, New York
11. Jim Ferrari/Shawn Childs, San Diego, California
12. Jeff Dobies, Farmingville, New York
13. Bruce Bevacqua, New Milford, New Jersey
14. John Bosch, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
15.Ralph Ehrman, Bolingbrook, Illinois

Does anybody object to moving the KDS time up to THIS WED at Noon EST? Greg Doyle wants to have as much time as possible to prepare for the draft and I agree with him! Thoughts?
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:34 pm

The sooner the better from my end.

But ultimately doesn't make a difference either way.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm

I am good to go whenever. Ready to go tomorrow if everybody's up for it.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Highrollers

Post by Highrollers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:20 pm

ok

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm

With more time to decide on players, 817 replaces 615 as the new over/under on how many times Max flip flops his first pick in his mind before the draft.
Smart money is still on the over. :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Post by 751542 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

fine w me!
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

I don't have this league populated on the list of 'My Teams'. This precludes me from being able to set my KDS. Anyone else from this league seeing the same thing?

I do have my Main Event, XII, and one of Dan K.'s early leagues on there for 2012 that I have signed up for, but not this one.

Thanks,
Matt Anderson
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm

1-15, I'm done. Looking forward to this boys.

Post by 751542 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Glenneration X wrote:1-15, I'm done. Looking forward to this boys.
cmon glenn, u gotta have 1 change of heart! :D
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 pm

RoundTrippers wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:1-15, I'm done. Looking forward to this boys.
cmon glenn, u gotta have 1 change of heart! :D
I reserve the right to have a change of heart 'til Wednesday high noon. ;)

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Alright guys, KDS's are due to Greg NO LATER than Noon EST, this WED.

Dough you are safe going with the Over on me flip flopping!!!!!! :D

You would also be safe putting money on MtM NOT repeating as champ of this league :o
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Winston's Empire wrote:Alright guys, KDS's are due to Greg NO LATER than Noon EST, this WED.

You would also be safe putting money on MtM NOT repeating as champ of this league :o
Pretty bold statement my friend. I'd like to hear your prediction of where Massotto finishes this season against this stellar group.

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Winston's Empire wrote:Alright guys, KDS's are due to Greg NO LATER than Noon EST, this WED.

Pretty bold statement my friend. I'd like to hear your prediction of where Massotto finishes this season against this stellar group.
Being the defending champ, I have to give a little credit where credit is due.... I would say top 6, but not top 3 aka DA MONEY! :mrgreen:
Cubs Fan Since 1987