Time For Shawn And I To Win LABR

RobG

Re: Time For Shawn And I To Win LABR

Post by RobG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Wow, Greg and Shawn are going to be done bidding after the first 20 minutes tonight. Stars and scrubs all the way!
Rob Giese

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:59 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:They are spending like it's going out of style. 16 players into the Auction, they've got 7 players already...

Votto 40
Braun 38
Tulo 35
Harper 8
Belt 8

Kershaw 26
Greinke 26
Crazy isnt it!! 6 of the first 13 were there's....

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

HAHAHA, add a $13 Kenley Jansen to their roster. Belt should be $13 by the way, not the $8 I put on there.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Braun is a terrific talent. Maybe I'm the only one, but I think that Braun has no help in the lineup with Fielder gone (maybe Hart and he's hurt) and also has to deal with the public's opinion on his situation. Baseball is a mental game.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:12 pm

CraigW wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:They are spending like it's going out of style. 16 players into the Auction, they've got 7 players already...

Votto 40
Braun 38
Tulo 35
Harper 8
Belt 8

Kershaw 26
Greinke 26
Crazy isnt it!! 6 of the first 13 were there's....

I love this strategy so far!

All those players went for less than they should IMO. Votto for $40 is a deal. Thought he would go for north of $42

They are going aggressive in beginning and you will be surprised the $1-$2 players they end up with
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Can anyone post that link like the NL one had last night?
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

RobG

Post by RobG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm

The Mighty Men wrote:Can anyone post that link like the NL one had last night?

Here you go, Jack:

https://docs.google.com/a/iriconsultant ... alse&gid=5
Rob Giese

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Not sure what Lawr's strategy is but all these bats gone he has 5 arms and Carlos Ruiz with tons of money to spend

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:01 pm

CraigW wrote:Not sure what Lawr's strategy is but all these bats gone he has 5 arms and Carlos Ruiz with tons of money to spend

rather have Belt for $13 than Huff for $12
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:
CraigW wrote:Not sure what Lawr's strategy is but all these bats gone he has 5 arms and Carlos Ruiz with tons of money to spend

rather have Belt for $13 than Huff for $12
Amen to that!!

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:Braun is a terrific talent. Maybe I'm the only one, but I think that Braun has no help in the lineup with Fielder gone (maybe Hart and he's hurt) and also has to deal with the public's opinion on his situation. Baseball is a mental game.
Two "ifs" but if Aramis Ramirez is healthy and if Mat Gamel can do anything, then Ramirez & Gamel is not a huge drop from Fielder and McGehee.

Aramis was actually durable last season so hoping he stays healthy is not as much of a pipe dream as it may seem. I'm actually more concerned about Gamel.

That said. while the Hart injury throws a wrench in this plan (or maybe it helps it) if Aoki shows anything and Gamel struggles while Hart is out, don't be surprised if Hart moves to 1B.

We can debate all day on the mental aspect. It is no secret that Braun is a cocky SOB that has thick skin, so a counter-argument to the mental stress hurting him is that he could channel all this into more focus to show he is clean.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Neither does Lawr.

But I bet he ends up with 14 hitters, just like everyone else.

Well, 13 plus Bonifacio.

I hate Bonifacio.

Subscribe HERE

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Not enough money left for the boys to get some of these values?

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 pm

CraigW wrote:Not enough money left for the boys to get some of these values?
Greg was on the radio at the break and said they misread the table just a bit, but the plan was not for them to be in on this. The misread was more that they didn't expect this to be happening.

If one of their dart throws hits bulls-eye, that will give them the ammo they need to parlay that into less risk and balance things out a little more.

Subscribe HERE

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

ToddZ wrote:
CraigW wrote:Not enough money left for the boys to get some of these values?
Greg was on the radio at the break and said they misread the table just a bit, but the plan was not for them to be in on this. The misread was more that they didn't expect this to be happening.

If one of their dart throws hits bulls-eye, that will give them the ammo they need to parlay that into less risk and balance things out a little more.
Gotcha
It was one heck of a start but in a shallow league there are always a couple teams who lay in wait and get a bunch of $7-$15 players to fill out there roster. Oh well I trust these two will get what they need.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:Votto for $40 is a deal. Thought he would go for north of $42
I was joking with someone a few weeks back that Votto might be a $60 player in NL Only Auctions, well I was really only half joking, $40 was a steal, was seriously thinking $44-45.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 pm

For all the talking I hear on XM from Flowers, his team looks weak...

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 pm

doug dennis has $3 left and needs 4 players. what happens in that case? anyone know?

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Outlaw wrote:doug dennis has $3 left and needs 4 players. what happens in that case? anyone know?
I turned the radio off (actually have to work and they replay it enough so I will catch it) but having been in the room enough to know what is going on, I suspect there is a mistake with the on-line tracker and he actually has more money- I guarantee you there are multiple owners running drafting programs that are tracking the budgets.

I probably should turn the radio on in case there really is a mistake, in which case I believe the restitution involves buying several rounds after the draft.

Subscribe HERE

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:30 pm

No idea why they let Eric Young Jr go by for $3

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 am

CraigW wrote:No idea why they let Eric Young Jr go by for $3
We were holding our money for Uribe and Domonic Brown. We never thought Brown would go for $1 and Uribe $3. There were a few players that would have helped us that we missed waiting for Ray and Carabell to run out of money.
Last edited by CC's Desperados on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 am

Greg's streak may finally be over with this NL team. I love it. A few waiver moves and this team will be very hard to beat.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:20 am

CCsDesperados wrote:
CraigW wrote:No idea why they let Eric Young Jr go by for $3
We were holding our money for Uribe and Domonic Brown. We never thought Brown would go for $1 and Uribe $3. There were a few players that would have helped up that we missed waiting for Ray and Carabell to run out of money.
I was talking to Bryan and said the same thing. I knew you wanted Brown and seeing that Uribe was the only starter left they were must gets.
Still like the team a lot and as Jack said a few waiver moves or a trade and this team is tough to beat!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 am

Here we go quickly before I leave for the airport:

NL LABR Team
C - Chris Snyder $4
C - Tim Federwocz $1
1B - Joey Votto $40
2B - Ruben Tejada $7
SS - Troy Tulowitzki $40
3B - Juan Uribe $3
MI - Clint Barmes $3
CI - Lyle Overbay $1
OF - Ryan Braun $38
OF - Brandon Belt $13
OD - Jerry Sands $13
OF - Domonic Brown $1
OF - Bryce Harper $8
OF - Roger Bernadina $1

P - Zach Greinke $26
P - Clayton Kershaw $26
P - Josh Johnson $14
P - Julio Teheran $4
P - Shelby Miller $3
P - Joe Saunders $1
P - Paul Maholm $2
P - Kenley Jansen $13
P - David Carpenter $1
P - Henry Rodriguez $1

Can you say "GAMBLE!!!" Wow, what an interesting roster. We had no intention of taking Kershaw at $26 after deciding to start our staff with Greinke, but when the bidding almost stopped at $25 we jumped in. This threw EVERYTHING off for us. In hindsight, I almost wish at that point we had punted saves to keep money for offense. We went all in with three top hitters -- as did Wolf and Colton -- and then probably didn't have enough money for a better end game. We have four First Round NFBC players on an NL-only roster, and in a trading league there are enough assets to move whenever we need to. But overall it has the foundation, but I think we still lack at-bats and a deep enough pitching staff.

That being said,
IF Bryce Harper plays 4 months in the majors
IF Shelby Miller pitches 4 months in the majors
IF Domonic Brown gets some at-bats
IF....

Well, you get it. We didn't play for 2nd or 3rd place. We went for it all. I don't know if we hit the home run, but again, with some waiver wire pickups and right trades this team may battle for a title. Lots of work to do here, though.

At the very least, the NFBC was the talk of SiriusXM for the first 30 minutes!! :lol:

Gotta go. Keep the signups coming in.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Childs, this looks like one of my auction teams. As I have learned from this approach(I tried this strategy for 3 years - 1 year = 1st place, 2 years not so good when at least one of the horses missed months), just pray your horses stay healthy and one 1 unit player far exceeds their projected value. And just go after it hard in free agency to fill in the gaps.

About time Greg played to win the damn league instead of settling for a runner-up or 3rd place :D

JT