True Meaning of Fantasy?

Schwks

True Meaning of Fantasy?

Post by Schwks » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:06 am

Last night, my wife, son and I were out at a local Italian restaurant, waiting at the bar for a table. Three guys were sitting next to us, awaiting a pickup order. They were drinking martinis and were clearly ebullient. Soon, they let slip that they were picking up food for their fantasy auction. It was to be held in the basement of one of their homes. The owner makes his own wine in the basement, so it was to be pizza, auction and homemade wine. The guys knew each other from college, and one of them had taken a train to New York earlier that day from Maryland. These three guys could not have been more excited. One told me that he had participated in an NFBC Online Draft in early March. Yours truly could not have been more jealous...the camaraderie, the prospect of an entire drunken evening auctioning baseball players, the homemade wine...could there be anything better? The guys actually invited me to come be the auctioneer, which I would have done in a heartbeat, if I did not mind being divorced. The whole night, I wondered to myself how the auction was going and if I would see these guys again.

I am not jealous this morning about the hangovers they must have, but I woke up thinking that this is what fantasy baseball should really be about...friends and a night immersed in what we all love.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little