Live Scoring

Money

Live Scoring

Post by Money » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:45 pm

OK, we have a number of threads that are calling out some deficiencies in Live Scoring. I thought I'd start one that everyone can post some things that they are seeing to help the NFBC get a tighter handle on what the issues are. I know I've been known to start some unpopular threads but here goes.

1. It's been brought up a few times and not addressed that the Live scoring for the slow draft leagues are very inconsistent, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

2. Today's doubleheader is not being scored at all.

Lets help out here and post the things we see that aren't working. For me the live scoring aspect of fantasy sports is a large part of my enjoyment. I wouldn't play nearly as much if it didn't exist.

This is a very good site that simply needs some tweaking and improvements.
Joe

BlindSquirrel

Re: Live Scoring

Post by BlindSquirrel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Didn't this happen with the Angels-Yankees which was the first game of the day last Saturday?

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Pretty disappointing there is no one available to answer this issue all day...how long as NFBC been doing this anyway? I thought quite efew years, can't beleive there are these types of scoring issues still happening.

Not that big a deal as I'm sure it will be addressed/corrected eventually, just disappointing we've heard nothing.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Pretty disappointing there is no one available to answer this issue all day...how long as NFBC been doing this anyway? I thought quite efew years, can't beleive there are these types of scoring issues still happening.

Not that big a deal as I'm sure it will be addressed/corrected eventually, just disappointing we've heard nothing.
I don't like the fact that now you wake up in the morning and wonder if all stats are included in the standings. You have to cut, paste, copy and do the math to see if everything jives if you really want to be sure.

Someone from IT should be monitoring the live scoring while live games are going on. This is high stakes fantasy sports. Just my opinion.
Joe

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I have Aceves (thankfully on the bench) yet according to the Live Scoring he didn't pitch today :?

He IS on one of my Slow Draft teams and those are the only ones I've had issues w/ the Live Scoring.
Always be closing.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:20 am

BlindSquirrel wrote:Didn't this happen with the Angels-Yankees which was the first game of the day last Saturday?
You are correct.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 am

rockitsauce wrote:I have Aceves (thankfully on the bench) yet according to the Live Scoring he didn't pitch today :?

He IS on one of my Slow Draft teams and those are the only ones I've had issues w/ the Live Scoring.
Technically, he didn't pitch at all. That was BP.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Our tech guys are looking into this. It may be related to the fact the game was part of a doubleheader. I'm just speculating on that but our tech guys are taking a look at why the stats didn't show up. If we hear anything more definitive we'll let everyone know. Sorry for any issues here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm

live scoring still sux for most/all sd's. what's the word?

zws23

Post by zws23 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:30 pm

As far as the SDs are concerned, what specifically are you seeing wrong? Do they stop working? Never work? What browser are you seeing this in? All? Also, is this usually just towards the end of the week? Or any specific time?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to corner the specifics of the issue as we haven't had any actual errors reported.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

What's the status on getting the live scoring, particularly in the SD's, working properly? They just don't always load consistently in addition to the frequent issue of the certain games not showing stats while the others do. I am sure this has all been discussed and more in one or more of these threads. Is tech on this? Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 am

zws23 wrote:As far as the SDs are concerned, what specifically are you seeing wrong? Do they stop working? Never work? What browser are you seeing this in? All? Also, is this usually just towards the end of the week? Or any specific time?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to corner the specifics of the issue as we haven't had any actual errors reported.
They work sporatically. First of all I find that they take longer to load intitially. Secondly, about 50% of the time, only the pitching stats come up after a long delay. I often try to hit refresh but doesn't help. I have tried various browsers when this occurs but get the same frustrating results. I find that if the stats aren't populating while on IE, thay aren't populating on Firefox or Chrome or whatever else I have tried. I usually end up refreshing a few times, give up on it, and then check back in an hour or so and hopefully catch it while it is working. This only happens for me on the slow drafts / draft champion leagues I am in. In terms of end of week vs beginning of week - no difference. Same aggravating situation every day of the week. Please fix!

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 am

I don't seem to have any problems. My SD live scoring generally loads in less than 30 seconds. One thing that is needed is all the latest updates for your computer and browsers, especially things like Flash, java, etc. A free little utility that works on any computer is http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/. install it and run it and it will provide you with a list of updates needed for your computer. almost everyhting it finds is a free update. another great tool is CC Cleaner to clean out all you cache and browser junk. Just make sure you check the boxes for FireFox and Chrome browsers if you are using them. also Defraggler is the best Hard drive Defrag program, also free.

Lastly, for any windows user, make sure you have the latest Microsoft updates and patches.

all the latest software and updates for a computer is also here: http://www.filehippo.com/

Hope this helps

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:32 am

Outlaw wrote:I don't seem to have any problems. My SD live scoring generally loads in less than 30 seconds. One thing that is needed is all the latest updates for your computer and browsers, especially things like Flash, java, etc. A free little utility that works on any computer is http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/. install it and run it and it will provide you with a list of updates needed for your computer. almost everyhting it finds is a free update. another great tool is CC Cleaner to clean out all you cache and browser junk. Just make sure you check the boxes for FireFox and Chrome browsers if you are using them. also Defraggler is the best Hard drive Defrag program, also free.

Lastly, for any windows user, make sure you have the latest Microsoft updates and patches.

all the latest software and updates for a computer is also here: http://www.filehippo.com/

Hope this helps
The slow drafts have been very hit and miss. sometimes no batting stats load at all. Other leagues fine. And I have the latest versions.

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 am

JohnP wrote:
zws23 wrote:As far as the SDs are concerned, what specifically are you seeing wrong? Do they stop working? Never work? What browser are you seeing this in? All? Also, is this usually just towards the end of the week? Or any specific time?

They work sporatically. First of all I find that they take longer to load intitially. Secondly, about 50% of the time, only the pitching stats come up after a long delay. I often try to hit refresh but doesn't help. I have tried various browsers when this occurs but get the same frustrating results. I find that if the stats aren't populating while on IE, thay aren't populating on Firefox or Chrome or whatever else I have tried. I usually end up refreshing a few times, give up on it, and then check back in an hour or so and hopefully catch it while it is working. This only happens for me on the slow drafts / draft champion leagues I am in. In terms of end of week vs beginning of week - no difference. Same aggravating situation every day of the week. Please fix!
I'm having the exact same problems...on Safari, IPad, no Flash
- Robert

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 am

Ah, sometimes I long for yesteryear with mailed reports 4-days after the 2-week long standings period ended. Or doing the stats by hand at periodic times during the season.

Today, if every single AB or IP isn't recorded correctly within seconds of it happening, people go ballistic. Just chill, your stats are there, slightly incorrect live standings at 9:32 ET on a random April evening aren't going to cause a meltdown in the game.

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:Ah, sometimes I long for yesteryear with mailed reports 4-days after the 2-week long standings period ended. Or doing the stats by hand at periodic times during the season.

Today, if every single AB or IP isn't recorded correctly within seconds of it happening, people go ballistic. Just chill, your stats are there, slightly incorrect live standings at 9:32 ET on a random April evening aren't going to cause a meltdown in the game.
Cali, yeah once in a while I too long for those days gone by, until I remember, truly, what a pain in the ass inputting the data by hand was.

I'm with you though, instantaneous stats are not all that critical. But they are nice when you want to check on them, and they would be better if they worked.

Anyways, I don't see anyone going ballistic here, just the IT guys trying to keep up with Jones' like Yahoo and make their live stats better. They want to know where the glitches are and we tell them. Not sure why you think an intervention is needed.

Robert
- Robert

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:29 pm

I locked the other topic because we don't need multiple threads about the same subject. The post above came from one of our tech guys and thanks to the responses provided in this thread they are looking at live scoring and working to improve it. We'll provide updates as soon as they become available.

In the future please refer to the post above to address any issues that you may be encountering. Just posting "Live Scoring isn't working" or something along those lines doesn't help us because we want to be able to see specifically what issues may be arising and whether the issue is on our end or on yours. All of that will help us improve the feature moving forward.

Thanks everyone.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
I locked the other topic because we don't need multiple threads about the same subject. The post above came from one of our tech guys and thanks to the responses provided in this thread they are looking at live scoring and working to improve it. We'll provide updates as soon as they become available.

In the future please refer to the post above to address any issues that you may be encountering. Just posting "Live Scoring isn't working" or something along those lines doesn't help us because we want to be able to see specifically what issues may be arising and whether the issue is on our end or on yours. All of that will help us improve the feature moving forward.

Thanks everyone.
\

Bartolo Colon STATS are NOT showing for today for all my teams (this includes my Super, 2 Main Event and so on) . That's $5300 worth of incorrect/incomplete stats. Definitely disappointing :(
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

I won't add up my Colon money count but it was a rough win lost today with horrible defense.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Can the proverbial buck be stopped being passed on this?! :roll: The live scoring has not worked properly across the board since day one this season. It's annoying and frustrating. This is a premium competition and it deserves to be and should be supported by premium technology that works near flawlessly with precision accuracy especially in providing the information that we as consumers and mostly fanatical players crave often on a minute by minute basis. Are we supposed to just assume that the stats that do not update will be or are correct by the next day? Sorry, not when there is this much money at stake. Please make this a priority to debug and resolve!. There have been numerous posts from a number of us who have detailed specifically what the issues we are encountering are. I for one am not going to spend my night going back and posting on them again. It takes a lot to get me pissed off when it comes to the NFBC because I love and support it so much, but this is just getting ludicrous. :x
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Specifically, hitters stats are not working earlier in the day, at all. Then, once all of the games are active, the hitters stats periodically work, and it typically takes several minutes for them to show up, if at all, especially earlier in the evening. This is specifically in Slow Draft leagues. I have also seen issues when a team has a double header, none of the stats for either team, show up.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Can the proverbial buck be stopped being passed on this?! :roll:
Mike, no one is passing the buck. All we have done is ask for specific examples of what is going on that is causing any issues with Live Scoring. This is vital information if we're going to look into the problems you and others say are occurring. As I said, responses in this thread have helped our tech guys look into it. The more detailed replies everyone provides the more help that will provide our tech guys to isolate any issues that are occurring and hopefully resolve them. And as I said, as soon as we receive any updates Greg or I will provide them. Thanks to everyone for their assistance with this.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am

Tom, any time there is a double header, 'Live stats' only carry the game that is in progress and drops the other stats.
In other words, it'll give us the stats for the first game, but once the second game starts, it drops the first game's stats.

For slow draft leagues, there are long pauses before we get the hitting then pitching stats. Some days, the wait is so long that I move on to other things.

The Colon/Balfour stats never showed from yesterday....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Tom, any time there is a double header, 'Live stats' only carry the game that is in progress and drops the other stats.
In other words, it'll give us the stats for the first game, but once the second game starts, it drops the first game's stats.

For slow draft leagues, there are long pauses before we get the hitting then pitching stats. Some days, the wait is so long that I move on to other things.

The Colon/Balfour stats never showed from yesterday....
Thanks Dan. The stats from that Oakland/Baltimore game are being run now. That will be fixed real soon. As far as the doubleheader issue, I've seen that with other sites as well (happens on ESPN, for example) so I'm not sure if that's just a basic live scoring issue or what. I'll talk to our tech guys again about that and the slow draft issue you mentioned.

Thanks again.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich