Davis & McDonald

bayareabluejays

Davis & McDonald

Post by bayareabluejays » Sun May 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Do their pitching stats count? Darnell on my bench but live scoring is tallying his pitching and hitting.

Just curious.

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Davis & McDonald

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm

No they don't.
Owners of Wilson Valdez were disappointed last year.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Incredible that with all of the injuries and dismal performances going on in bullpens throughout MLB, Chris Davis (who went 0 for 8 with 5 K's at 1b) tosses two shutout innings in Fenway Park for a relief win. Another low point for the Red Sox. :oops:

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Last position player to get credit for a win was the great Rocky Colavito in 1968. He was winding up his career after great years,mostly with Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers.He had one of the greatest throwing arms that I ever personally saw. Mostly played RF and watched him gun down Mickey Mantle(and numerous others) going from first to third from deep in the RF corner with a laser beam strike on the fly :o :o :o ! He was a native Bronx boy. Too bad he didn't get to play with the great Yankee teams in the 50's and early 60's.I would have enjoyed cheering for him instead of against him.