Josh Beckett -- golfing loser

TOXIC ASSETS

Josh Beckett -- golfing loser

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Warning: rant begins here about the complete lack of professionalism displayed by Josh Beckett. I own Beckett on one of my two slow draft teams. I was counting on him to be my ace. Maybe that was a mistake. How can you miss a start due to injury and find it within yourself to be on the golf course the very next day? I susbsribe to the George Carlin philosophy of golf...."It's a boring game played by boring people. You hit the ball, then go find it, and then hit it again. I say you're lucky you found it all. Pick the ball up and go home! And have you ever watched golf on TV? It's like watching flies f**k!!! " If the Red Sox had any guts they would trade this bum for a few scrub players and some extra bats and balls!!!

ChiScottieBaseball

Re: Josh Beckett -- golfing loser

Post by ChiScottieBaseball » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I feel your pain even more. He is my second pitcher behind Ricky Romero in my NFBC XII league, he and Humber are killing me right now!

MGBMARTY

Post by MGBMARTY » Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Not a red sox or a yankee fan Die hard Bucco fan since Clemente days sox are dead period strange howthe decimated rays still contend with the same adversity sox have the worst starters in the east Jays are already tryibg to upgrade and balt though sps are sketchy have MVP in Adaam Jones once Josh goes down for the year
just an opinon
Marty

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

MGBMARTY wrote:Not a red sox or a yankee fan Die hard Bucco fan since Clemente days sox are dead period strange howthe decimated rays still contend with the same adversity sox have the worst starters in the east Jays are already tryibg to upgrade and balt though sps are sketchy have MVP in Adaam Jones once Josh goes down for the year
just an opinon
Marty
Huh???? Understood the "Just an opinion," part. Next time, feel free to use some puntuation.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Duranimal

Post by Duranimal » Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 pm

What cracked me up was when he said he only had 18 days off a year and he could do what he wanted on his off days.

I think he's forgotten that he has a few off days between October and February.