Monday Injury Kick to the Jimmy

PGromek

Re: Monday Injury Kick to the Jimmy

Post by PGromek » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

BlindSquirrel

Post by BlindSquirrel » Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Don't forget Henry Rodriguez who is dealing with "pretending to be a major league closer".

One of the worst cases I have ever seen. How many passed balls/wild pitches did he throw to 3 batters.....FIVE?

Reminds me of Joel Zumaya a few years back! :shock:

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Outlaw wrote:Bourjos will get his fair share of time again. There are plenty of AB's to divvy up between Him, Morales and Trumbo. Right now Trumbo has the corner OF spots, 1B to rest Puljos, 3B and DH spots for AB's. Morales may be the odd man out for less AB's. There will be a lot of owners trying to get Bourjos if he's available this weekend.
No way Morales loses at-bats. He's the only lefty (switch hitter), middle of the order bat. As numerous commentators have said they are way too right-handed up & down their order. I think Albert need Morales hitting behind him.

On a side note, the Angels (for what here-to-fore has been a pretty solidly-run organiztion), have made some pretty major personnel blunders. Not just basically giving Mike Napoli away for nothing, but also taking on Vernon Wells' contract without the Blue Jays assuming any of the money. WOW. Makes you wonder how much input notorious catcher snob, Mike Scioscia had in that move. Imagine just having Napoli & Trumbo (with their cheap salaries) without the Wells & Pujols contracts....throw in Morales & Hunter as middle of the order bats with Burjos & Trout & Kendrick and then about 50 mill for the GM to use on a Carlos Beltran-type deal/bullpen power arms & maybe trade for a Youkilis-type in the 2-hole of the order. Just saying...makes you wonder how much Arte/Scoscia is calling the shots. That Napoli/Wells trade has to be one of the worst trades in MLB history.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

RoundTrippers wrote:by the what what did harper do tonite?? :lol:

dont forget..." he will be back in the minors in mid june" gekko :o
what, harper had 2 hits against kyle kendrick (AA pitcher). in his last 8 games harper has faced the kendrick, and the wonderful pirates, padres and orioles pitchers. quality stuff right there. :lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon May 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Outlaw wrote:Bourjos will get his fair share of time again. There are plenty of AB's to divvy up between Him, Morales and Trumbo. Right now Trumbo has the corner OF spots, 1B to rest Puljos, 3B and DH spots for AB's. Morales may be the odd man out for less AB's. There will be a lot of owners trying to get Bourjos if he's available this weekend.
i'd bid more on 4th OF parra (player i dropped this week) than 4th OF bourjos. probably $1 compared to $0 :lol: :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon May 21, 2012 8:14 pm

COZ wrote:
No way Morales loses at-bats. He's the only lefty (switch hitter), middle of the order bat. As numerous commentators have said they are way too right-handed up & down their order. I think Albert need Morales hitting behind him.

On a side note, the Angels (for what here-to-fore has been a pretty solidly-run organiztion), have made some pretty major personnel blunders. Not just basically giving Mike Napoli away for nothing, but also taking on Vernon Wells' contract without the Blue Jays assuming any of the money. WOW. Makes you wonder how much input notorious catcher snob, Mike Scioscia had in that move. Imagine just having Napoli & Trumbo (with their cheap salaries) without the Wells & Pujols contracts....throw in Morales & Hunter as middle of the order bats with Burjos & Trout & Kendrick and then about 50 mill for the GM to use on a Carlos Beltran-type deal/bullpen power arms & maybe trade for a Youkilis-type in the 2-hole of the order. Just saying...makes you wonder how much Arte/Scoscia is calling the shots. That Napoli/Wells trade has to be one of the worst trades in MLB history.

Tony Reagins would tell ya they're calling ALL the shots!
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Post by 751542 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Gekko wrote:

what, harper had 2 hits against kyle kendrick (AA pitcher). in his last 8 games harper has faced the kendrick, and the wonderful pirates, padres and orioles pitchers. quality stuff right there. :lol:
since your keeping score 2nd sb! :o
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

i'd bid more on 4th OF parra (player i dropped this week) than 4th OF bourjos. probably $1 compared to $0 :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Parra, Bourgos - both good players, The ? is who gets more playing time going forward- I think Bourgos barring injuries. Still buzz floating around on the Nats having interest in both of them, and especially if Harper is demoted as you feel he should be. Guess everyone should look at Revere or someone like that, that might be avialable, since both Bourgos and Parra are worth only $0 and $1 :lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Outlaw wrote:i'd bid more on 4th OF parra (player i dropped this week) than 4th OF bourjos. probably $1 compared to $0 :lol: :lol:
Parra, Bourgos - both good players, The ? is who gets more playing time going forward- I think Bourgos barring injuries. Still buzz floating around on the Nats having interest in both of them, and especially if Harper is demoted as you feel he should be. Guess everyone should look at Revere or someone like that, that might be avialable, since both Bourgos and Parra are worth only $0 and $1 :lol:[/quote]

revere did have 34sb in limited at bats last year.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 am

Glenneration X wrote:Especially with the news that they're looking a little closer at Oswalt now.
Talk about being in the cat bird seat. With so many injuries, all Oswalt has to do is open the vault door and let teams shovel money in!!!!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 22, 2012 5:53 am

Gekko wrote:

Not that it is my style to be too numerish, but the Pirates (team ERA 3.38 5th in MLB), Padres (3.41 6th in MLB) and Orioles (3.58 13th in MLB, leading AL East, and second most wins in MLB) pitching is not that bad. Just sayin....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Gekko only states statistics when they are in favor of his argument... otherwise he ignores them... see the Harper thread for his continuous spewing of stats.

Obviously the guy has no clue what AWESOME talent looks like when it comes to baseball... not a real baseball fan... but whatever drives you compete in this event is up to you, everyone has different methods and reasons

Jealousy is what I call on this one... He can't admit he missed the boat on someone... so he is the type that puts up his defense mechanisms and will constantly bash instead of admitting he just swung and missed on a guy

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Scared $ Dont Make $ wrote: Gekko only states statistics when they are in favor of his argument... otherwise he ignores them... see the Harper thread for his continuous spewing of stats.

Obviously the guy has no clue what AWESOME talent looks like when it comes to baseball... not a real baseball fan... but whatever drives you compete in this event is up to you, everyone has different methods and reasons

Jealousy is what I call on this one... He can't admit he missed the boat on someone... so he is the type that puts up his defense mechanisms and will constantly bash instead of admitting he just swung and missed on a guy
ahhhh...another guy saying harper "looks" good. lol!!!!!

go ahead and state some statistics that show harper is the real deal. i dare you. we all know there aren't any. his minor league numbers PALE in comparison to the minor league numbers put up by Heyward at the same age of 19. take a look if you want some truth in your life :lol: :twisted:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue May 22, 2012 4:17 pm

mikey trout's 19 year old numbers put harper to shame too. "once in a generation" harper. hehe!!