Derek Holland

Hells Satans

Derek Holland

Post by Hells Satans » Wed May 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Basically quit on the mound tonight. Once things started going badly, he wasn't even finishing his pitches. Pretty embarrassing effort that destroys your team if you have him

PGromek

Re: Derek Holland

Post by PGromek » Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

what a disaster

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 pm

back in the day, stuff like this would piss me off to no end. the past couple years, it doesn't even phase me. shit happens and u move on. 8-)

on another note, i'm surprised by all of the posts this year about injuries being soooo bad. who gives a shit, seriously. it's part of the game. man up and stop whining like little babies who got their binky taken away :P

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Gekko wrote:back in the day, stuff like this would piss me off to no end. the past couple years, it doesn't even phase me. shit happens and u move on. 8-)

on another note, i'm surprised by all of the posts this year about injuries being soooo bad. who gives a shit, seriously. it's part of the game. man up and stop whining like little babies who got their binky taken away :P
God I love this post. Hilarious. Couldn't agree more.

And now we're going to have to read all the lame media stories about him shaving his mustache
and then getting lit up (or maybe I just watch too much MLB Network, god I LOVE that channel). Holland's been getting a little full of himself, tired of his junior high act. He's about as funny as Dan Plesac, which isn't very funny.

On a side note, I'm still not sold on the Texas starting pitching. Great depth in bullpen. But I think their SP gets exposed come playoff time. They are clearly the best team in baseball, just saying that that staff has some definite question marks in my opinion.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

PGromek

Post by PGromek » Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 pm

17 runs for Seattle in the 5th inning

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed May 30, 2012 8:40 pm

COZ wrote:
Gekko wrote:back in the day, stuff like this would piss me off to no end. the past couple years, it doesn't even phase me. shit happens and u move on. 8-)

God I love this post. Hilarious. Couldn't agree more.

And now we're going to have to read all the lame media stories about him shaving his mustache
and then getting lit up (or maybe I just watch too much MLB Network, god I LOVE that channel). Holland's been getting a little full of himself, tired of his junior high act. He's about as funny as Dan Plesac, which isn't very funny.

On a side note, I'm still not sold on the Texas starting pitching. Great depth in bullpen. But I think their SP gets exposed come playoff time. They are clearly the best team in baseball, just saying that that staff has some definite question marks in my opinion.

COZ

Oswalt is coming to save the day....... :|
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm

I would have to agree... why talk about the incredible amount of injuries... because that makes us all look like little babies... I mean there are so many more important things, that are rarely mentioned, like hyping of mediocre free agents, in order to push up the bids. Yeah that would never get old. :lol:

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Matt Kemp says hi

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed May 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Gekko wrote:on another note, i'm surprised by all of the posts this year about injuries being soooo bad. who gives a shit, seriously. it's part of the game. man up and stop whining like little babies who got their binky taken away :P

Hmmm, interesting post from the "man up" who started the following thread.....

Monday Injury Kick to the Jimmy
by Gekko >> Mon May 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Got to love how the severity of the news comes out AFTER our weekly FAAB period. Wonder if any owners will be caught with their pants down.

*Cody Ross was diagnosed with a fractured navicular bone in his left foot. Probably gone months
*Vance Worley (elbow) will see Dr. James Andrews on Monday. Probably gone months
*Lance Berkman talks retirement after likely ACL injury‎. Gone for season

And then followed up with this one when Neftali was mentioned.....

Re: Monday Injury Kick to the Jimmy
by Gekko >> Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Don't forget Neftali Feliz....
yup. good one there. forgot about it (probably cause i don't have him anywhere)

I agree Mark, there are too many posts this year about injuries. So, please man up and stop contributing to them. ;) :P

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes, put a moratorium on injury posts, but not on any posts that begin with, "Back in the day....," (with a who-gives-a-shit throw in for further effect) to be followed by a crumdgeonly rant. I, for one, particularly enjoy "back-in-the-day" rants.

Back in the day, boys did not wear jeans tighter than girls, let alone skinny jeans!

Back in the day....(this was actually before my time, but I am mock-articulating some older Rotisserie player rants) we called it Rotisserie baseball, not fantasy baseball, and we waited a week for standings to be mailed, so quit your whining about the live scoring, Junior! Nobody gives a shit, you immediate gratification little shits!

I would particularly love to hear from some hardened long time rotisserie (and I say that as a term of endearment) veterans..."Back in the day......(crumdgeonly rant)....
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 pm

COZ wrote:Back in the day, boys did not wear jeans tighter than girls, let alone skinny jeans!
Ummm ok, how about this one......

Back in the day (crumdgeonly rant), guys didn't notice the tight jeans on other guys. :shock: :?

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Ummm ok, how about this one......

Back in the day (crumdgeonly rant), guys didn't notice the tight jeans on other guys.
Cute.
COZ

Money

Post by Money » Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 pm

How about back in the day when everyone manned up and played under their own name? 8-)
Joe

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu May 31, 2012 5:38 am

Not gripe about injuries? What are you, unamerican? ;)

Not me. I just got a fresh load of crying towels out of the dryer and I plan to wet them all up again! :lol:

As to the "older Rotisserie player rants", I resemble that remark. But back in MY day, the curmudgeonly rants were MUCH longer and better....

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 am

Well if we dont talk about injuries, dont talk about Gekkos FAAB predictions and don't talk about prospects, whats left... just saying... it's all fun banter, if someone doesnt like it, dont read it and don't visit.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu May 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Outlaw wrote:Well if we dont talk about injuries, dont talk about Gekkos FAAB predictions and don't talk about prospects, whats left... just saying... it's all fun banter, if someone doesnt like it, dont read it and don't visit.
Agree.

Back to the topic, as a holland owner in multiple leagues, this start didn't even sting. It just left me feeling shocked and numb.

After owning nolasco last year, porcello earlier this year, and now holland, I've had enough of my pitchers giving up at least 8 earned runs before they even make it out of the second inning. And this game is fun? Well, most of the time.... It just makes sense that I also own H Bell in the main. Sure the last 3 appearances have been good. However, most of the time when your closer comes out to pitch the 9th, you are happy and confident to add one more save to your total. For most of this year, when bell takes the mound in the 9th, I just cringe. Rough year so far.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu May 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Outlaw wrote:Well if we dont talk about injuries, dont talk about Gekkos FAAB predictions and don't talk about prospects, whats left... just saying... it's all fun banter, if someone doesnt like it, dont read it and don't visit.
just seems like there a lot of old ladies on these boards whining about injuries and how they are hurting their teams. duh, they are hurting a lot of teams. it must make some of you feel better to vent about your injuries on the boards ;)

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Glenneration X wrote: I agree Mark, there are too many posts this year about injuries. So, please man up and stop contributing to them. ;) :P
u didn't read the first sentence glenn "i'm surprised by all of the posts this year about injuries being soooo bad."

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 pm

how bout this...
there sure have been a lot of injuries this year :evil: