Live Overall scoring

BK METS

Live Overall scoring

Post by BK METS » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 am

Just curious as to when we will be able to see live scoring for the overall standings or is it there and I am not seeing it?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Live Overall scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 am

BK METS wrote:Just curious as to when we will be able to see live scoring for the overall standings or is it there and I am not seeing it?
We will unveil our new, MUCH IMPROVED live scoring after Labor Day. We have rewritten the entire Live Scoring code for NFBC and NFFC and I'll explain why we did that shortly. The Live Scoring looks fantastic and now we're just in the final stages of testing. We could have unveiled it this week, but with Labor Day weekend coming up we felt it would be best to not take any chances and roll it out early next week. Look for this soon and please give us your feedback.

Live Overall Standings is on pace for a September release and will be the drug you all are craving for!! :mrgreen: We still have a little work to do on this technology, but we are confident that it will be ready for the start of our NFFC season and that same technology will be used for baseball. I can't say when it will be unveiled in baseball just yet, but we feel good about the fact that the final days and hopefully weeks of the NFBC season will have Live Overall Standings so that everyone can see these pennant races in real-time.

Thanks all and look for a more definitive post shortly.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
BK METS wrote:Just curious as to when we will be able to see live scoring for the overall standings or is it there and I am not seeing it?
We will unveil our new, MUCH IMPROVED live scoring after Labor Day. We have rewritten the entire Live Scoring code for NFBC and NFFC and I'll explain why we did that shortly. The Live Scoring looks fantastic and now we're just in the final stages of testing. We could have unveiled it this week, but with Labor Day weekend coming up we felt it would be best to not take any chances and roll it out early next week. Look for this soon and please give us your feedback.

Live Overall Standings is on pace for a September release and will be the drug you all are craving for!! :mrgreen: We still have a little work to do on this technology, but we are confident that it will be ready for the start of our NFFC season and that same technology will be used for baseball. I can't say when it will be unveiled in baseball just yet, but we feel good about the fact that the final days and hopefully weeks of the NFBC season will have Live Overall Standings so that everyone can see these pennant races in real-time.

Thanks all and look for a more definitive post shortly.
Live scoring remains a critical part of the daily adrenaline that fuels this game. We keep hearing about improvements and we haven't seen anything yet this year. Tonight the players involved in the double header are showing no stats. I realize many teams have given up and most don't care, but I still do.

I was stupid enough to pick up Hochevar in two leagues for $1 for a 2 start week. He sucked in both. I'd simply like to know where I stand so I can put it behind me. 8 earned runs in 1 and a third has me pissed off at myself and who know's where I'll stand tomorrow. Sorry for the frustration, I simply can't get out of my own way.

Time for the live scoring fix!!!
Joe

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Stats from today's Rockies @ Phillies double header are not showing up. This has been an ongoing issue. I know that football is now your main concern, so I ask that you please get this fixed before next season. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am

TParsons wrote:Stats from today's Rockies @ Phillies double header are not showing up. This has been an ongoing issue. I know that football is now your main concern, so I ask that you please get this fixed before next season. Thanks.
I'm not sure why doubleheaders continue to be a problem with Live Scoring, but it's definitely something we need to fix going forward. We will get this done because it's obviously frustrating to everyone watching every stat at this point in the season and going most of the day without getting a full game's total accounted for within Live Scoring. Sorry about this.

We still will unveil the new Live Scoring format soon. In this regard, football did get in the way as we didn't want to unveil that right before Week 1 of the NFL season. This needs to be fully tested before unveiling this and hopefully that can be done this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 am

i think this is the same exact thing we heard in may with the first dh and the scoring issues. and fortunately for you, i don't believe there are any more scheduled dh's, so we won't know if you guys have actually fixed the issue.
it's pretty f*cking ridiculous to go the entire season with the same issue. and hear that the fix is around the corner.
do or don't, but no more bs about it por favor.

G1AZM

Post by G1AZM » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:i think this is the same exact thing we heard in may with the first dh and the scoring issues. and fortunately for you, i don't believe there are any more scheduled dh's, so we won't know if you guys have actually fixed the issue.
it's pretty f*cking ridiculous to go the entire season with the same issue. and hear that the fix is around the corner.
Ridiculous is being way too kind. This scoring issue not being fixed and live overall scoring not being present in a contest of this magnitude is unacceptable. Being in a 4 way race in a league battle at this point in the season and having to wait for the next morning to get actual results because 2 games are missing is inexcusable and even worse than that considering it has been a known issue since the beginning of the season.

The other thing that is inexcusable is using the complexity of overall live scoring as an excuse. This is not rocket science at all and if a competent programmer was allocated to complete it, it should have been done within a matter of days (not weeks and certainly not months)!

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 am

In defense of Greg, the doubleheader issue had been fixed for the past few months. This is the first time in a while that it didn't work. As far as the live overall scoring, I think we need to get this up and running soon. We have been waiting a long time for this. Now that the football drafts are over, hopefully Greg/Tom are setting us up for an exciting end of the season for baseball. All in all, the doubleheader issue aside, there have been many enhancements to the system which have been great including easy access to all my 15 teams in live scoring and the free agent system has been flawless.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Any news on the implementation of Live Scoring for the Overall Events?
Joe

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Money wrote:Any news on the implementation of Live Scoring for the Overall Events?
It's football season and debates on whether or not Alex Smith is a good QB or not are much more important....move along nothing to see here.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 am

CraigW wrote:
Money wrote:Any news on the implementation of Live Scoring for the Overall Events?
It's football season and debates on whether or not Alex Smith is a good QB or not are much more important....move along nothing to see here.
Craig, you're not even in any of our contests and yet you're on both Message Boards yapping about Alex Smith. Thanks for the contributions.

Joe, we've promised an improved Live Scoring since the All-Star break and I said we'd have Live Overall Standings down the stretch, but both have been totally rewritten and we continue to have issues. I think we can get the revamped Live Scoring yet this season, but the Live Overall Standings is another issue. We don't have it completed yet for the NFFC or NFBC and we're still working on both. I'll provide an update on this and what we had to do with Live Scoring in a separate thread.

Craig is obviously insinuating that since we also run a football contest that we drop everything we do in baseball to cater to football. He couldn't be more wrong. Many of the programs we write for one contest carries over to the other contest and thus we're able to get things done for one sport that pertains to both sports. Most of the new code is written first for baseball and the NFFC code is fully tested before it gets implemented there. I wish the Live Scoring and Live Overall Standings was an easy code to write and perfect, but unfortunately it's not. Yes others have it and yes as many of you have said, "You are STATS, you should have this too." We are very close and I've seen the Live Scoring already, but if it has any bugs that make the last two weeks a mess for you we're not going to unveil it. And it's not completely ready right now. We're still testing it to make it right so that Live Scoring works perfectly for you during these final days of the season.

I know it's not much consolation to you folks this season, but we have spent a great deal of time reprogramming Live Scoring and writing the code for Live Overall Standings and both will be first rate as part of the NFBC in 2013 and beyond. We had hoped both would be ready in 2012, but it didn't get completely done. We're still trying for Live Scoring now and I'll update as soon as I know more. Sorry for the delays.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 am

Greg,

Apart from the promise of improved Live Scoring/Live Standings, which obviously isn't going to happen, it's the fact that Live Scoring has gotten worse that is most disappointing. The DH scoring sucked, improved, and now sucks again. And the live standings change drastically from night to morning. There has always been some variance, but the past month-ish, we're talking 4-5 pt swings sometimes. Definitely abnormal.

As far as Craig insinuating you guys prioritizing football over baseball, he's not the only one. Maybe it's just a matter of perception? Maybe it's real?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 am

What specifically has gotten worse with Live Scoring? The DH issue was one that cropped up early in the year and appears unfortunately to have caused an issue again. I can't speak for Greg but I have not received a single email or phone call about a Live Scoring issue in months. The last post on the boards about a temporary issue involving Live Scoring was more than two months ago. So I'm surprised to hear someone say it sucks or has sucked or something along those lines. Based on everything we were told by all of you and all of the testing done by our tech team whatever issues existed with Live Scoring at the beginning of the season involved stats for the DH games. That was it. As Alan posted above, a lot of enhancements have been made during the season which have improved Live Scoring. So if something beyond the DH issue (which we clearly have to fix) is causing an issue please let us know what it is.

As far as pushing baseball to the backburner we've heard that before. Walla Walla loved to make that post every year. The one thing I will say is Greg and I are arguably the most accessible people in this industry. We are not difficult to reach. If anyone has an issue of any kind in any of our events just contact us.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Greg and Tom - there are so many great things about your product. Those features have all been recognized, applauded, appreciated, etc. This is a specific thread regarding live scoring. This live scoring issue is not a new one and I am very surprised that this hasn't been accomplished as of yet. A matter of priorities? A matter of resources? I know you may have a ton of reasons as to why it hasn't been finished and most of us probably won't understand all that needs to happen to make all of that work. The bottom line is that this is one piece of the "STATS" package that is sub-par to other contests. Certainly we all have our likes and dislikes as it pertains to order of categories, ease of finding free agents, the way things sort, blah blah blah but live scoring....that is something we all agree on. We want it! Everyone else has it. What is particularly frustrating is that this idea of live scoring is not a new one. The masses have been clamoring for this for a couple years at least. Maybe next year. Maybe for baseball season. Maybe after all star break. Right after Labor day. Right after the football drafts. The dates that you have thrown out there....I am sure you have believed that such would be the case and I am sure you are disappointed as well that it didn't happen. Of all the companies.......STATS doesn't have live scoring? That's like Neil Walker striking out. Like Dexter Fowler putting one in play. Doughboys.....your turn.

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Good to see you Greg!
I'm glad I could add something to the boards and as a non customer still get a response from you. Don't worry I will take my ball and go home rather then upset you anymore with my wasteful posts. Been a pleasure take care and maybe by next March the Live Scoring will be fixed and the next set of promises can start.
Sincerely,
A Former Customer

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm

CraigW wrote:Good to see you Greg!
I'm glad I could add something to the boards and as a non customer still get a response from you. Don't worry I will take my ball and go home rather then upset you anymore with my wasteful posts. Been a pleasure take care and maybe by next March the Live Scoring will be fixed and the next set of promises can start.
Sincerely,
A Former Customer
I admit I am a little frustrated without the live overall scoring, but I could live without it.. as it is a luxury. The doubleheader thing was a lingering problem that seemed to be cured, until popping its head during the football draft week, which was obviously a crazy week for Tom and Greg and I can understand.

What I don't understand is how can someone who doesn't have a team in the NFBC, come on the boards and complain about scoring problems? Seriously? Good riddance.... Accusing Tom and Greg of making false promises is pretty dumb or maybe we can call it ignorant. There are not 2 more reliable guys in this industry and knowing them, I am sure they are as frustrated as anyone else that they cannot get this glitch fixed and having the balls to come on here as a non-customer and adding to the complaints only makes yourself look like an idiot. (and for the record, I have 15 NFBC teams and 5 NFFC teams)

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm

BK METS wrote:
Sincerely,
A Former Customer
I admit I am a little frustrated without the live overall scoring, but I could live without it.. as it is a luxury. The doubleheader thing was a lingering problem that seemed to be cured, until popping its head during the football draft week, which was obviously a crazy week for Tom and Greg and I can understand.

What I don't understand is how can someone who doesn't have a team in the NFBC, come on the boards and complain about scoring problems? Seriously? Good riddance.... Accusing Tom and Greg of making false promises is pretty dumb or maybe we can call it ignorant. There are not 2 more reliable guys in this industry and knowing them, I am sure they are as frustrated as anyone else that they cannot get this glitch fixed and having the balls to come on here as a non-customer and adding to the complaints only makes yourself look like an idiot. (and for the record, I have 15 NFBC teams and 5 NFFC teams)
BK please do me a favor and point out in any of my posts above where I complained about the Live Scoring issue. I simply pointed out what is a wide perception amongst many players I know in this contest that once football season nears you are best off posting baseball questions on the football boards if you really want Greg or Tom's attention. Now I may be completely wrong, but as I said perception is what it is. As far as me accusing Tom and Greg of making false promises, I had been around NFFC and NFBC over the last 5, maybe 6 seasons so I have seen many a promise and many a deadline unfulfilled. I have run a business or two so I understand nobody is perfect therefore I usually don't complain about the little things, but I am not perfect. However before I call someone ignorant or an idiot I actually read what they write. I don't just make snap judgments and post what in the end are ignorant and moronic posts such as yours. I wish you well in your 20 leagues. I am sorry you were so offended by my message that had nothing to do with Live Scoring in general or even resembled a complaint. Take care and enjoy the last 2 weeks of baseball.
Sincerely
A FORMER Customer(just in case you missed it the first time)

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

in bk's defense, he's a mutts fan. they aren't so good at reading comprehension:)

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm

CraigW wrote:
BK METS wrote:
Sincerely,
A Former Customer

BK please do me a favor and point out in any of my posts above where I complained about the Live Scoring issue. I simply pointed out what is a wide perception amongst many players I know in this contest that once football season nears you are best off posting baseball questions on the football boards if you really want Greg or Tom's attention. Now I may be completely wrong, but as I said perception is what it is. As far as me accusing Tom and Greg of making false promises, I had been around NFFC and NFBC over the last 5, maybe 6 seasons so I have seen many a promise and many a deadline unfulfilled. I have run a business or two so I understand nobody is perfect therefore I usually don't complain about the little things, but I am not perfect. However before I call someone ignorant or an idiot I actually read what they write. I don't just make snap judgments and post what in the end are ignorant and moronic posts such as yours. I wish you well in your 20 leagues. I am sorry you were so offended by my message that had nothing to do with Live Scoring in general or even resembled a complaint. Take care and enjoy the last 2 weeks of baseball.
Sincerely
Your words.... "Been a pleasure take care and maybe by next March the Live Scoring will be fixed and the next set of promises can start" Yeah, I have been around 5 years as well and although I agree that being a Mets fan does make me poor at comprehension, I can clearly see when someone is just trying to spread negativity. You obviously have nothing productive to say other than making accusations of false promises and sarcastic remarks about how football is more important. Last time I checked, the NFBC had a record year in baseball and is far and away the biggest and best high stakes baseball fantasy option in the industy.. So, what is the reasoning why you are commenting in a thread about live scoring and YOU DONT OWN A TEAM? As a "former" customer, why do you care at all? What exactly do you have to gain by commenting in this thread? Someone to come to your defense and agree with you to make you feel better? All I know is, we all want it fixed for us to be able to follow our teams.... YOU?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

CraigW wrote:
BK METS wrote:
Sincerely,
A Former Customer

Sincerely
Craig, you must think that Tom and I are programmers or something. You act as if Tom and I have failed to finish a programming job because we turned our attention to the NFFC. Like we all just left this business behind when July 1st hit. I'm not sure how you would know that since you don't have an NFBC or NFFC team this year and obviously can't see what we had and what we have now.

But I know you talk to a lot of folks and I agree it is frustrating when we promise that something is going to be done and we don't fulfill it. Heck, you left after the Fanball days when our programmers rolled out items that weren't fully tested and it pi--ed off everyone. Nothing is more frustrating than a product that doesn't work.

Are we all frustrated that we promised a revamped Live Scoring and it's not ready yet? Sure. We started rewriting the Live Scoring program in May and we have spent several months getting that and Live Overall Standings ready for 2012. We could unveil both now, but they're not working the way we want it to. If we rolled it out you could see that we didn't give up on baseball to rake in the football money, but then you'd also see that it's not fully tested and isn't working the way it should. Again, our hope is to have the Live Scoring done very soon. We are taking out some of the features that aren't done to show you what it will look like as we just didn't get everything done in time.

Craig, you can criticize us all you want as a former customer. That's anyone's right. We're at fault for not having the best Live Scoring format in the industry. We're at fault for not fulfilling the promise to have Live Scoring done after the All-Star break. We're at fault for not having Live Overall Standings done by September. We're all in this together here at STATS, so it's my fault as much as it's Tom's fault as much as it's IT's fault. I apologize to my paying customers and I guess to you so that you can tell all your NFBC friends who is at fault. It's our fault, all of us here.

But I can say that once we have this Live Scoring format done, you'll like it very much. The code has been totally rewritten and it updates very quickly. Our current format admittedly needed to be updated. And yes, we need overall standings updated more regularly, which will be done yet this football season and for 2013 NFBC.

I'll apologize again for unfilfilled promises. I wish it was done. I hope it gets done this week. But I'm also not a programmer and thus can't always say for certainty what the timetable is. If I rushed it on these boards, then yeah, I'm at fault.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:35 pm

JohnP wrote:Greg and Tom - there are so many great things about your product. Those features have all been recognized, applauded, appreciated, etc. This is a specific thread regarding live scoring. This live scoring issue is not a new one and I am very surprised that this hasn't been accomplished as of yet. A matter of priorities? A matter of resources? I know you may have a ton of reasons as to why it hasn't been finished and most of us probably won't understand all that needs to happen to make all of that work. The bottom line is that this is one piece of the "STATS" package that is sub-par to other contests. Certainly we all have our likes and dislikes as it pertains to order of categories, ease of finding free agents, the way things sort, blah blah blah but live scoring....that is something we all agree on. We want it! Everyone else has it. What is particularly frustrating is that this idea of live scoring is not a new one. The masses have been clamoring for this for a couple years at least. Maybe next year. Maybe for baseball season. Maybe after all star break. Right after Labor day. Right after the football drafts. The dates that you have thrown out there....I am sure you have believed that such would be the case and I am sure you are disappointed as well that it didn't happen. Of all the companies.......STATS doesn't have live scoring? That's like Neil Walker striking out. Like Dexter Fowler putting one in play. Doughboys.....your turn.
John, as I stated above, yeah, we're all frustrated that Live Scoring is now the dominant debate about the NFBC after a great season. We began rewriting the Live Scoring program in May and had every intention of getting it live for our users this season. I thought Live Overall Standings would be ready late this year, too, but it doesn't look like it will be now. Crucify me for the dates that we promised because obviously I was too optimistic.

The one thing I'll say is that each new item we unveil under STATS has been done without any bugs and works like a charm. That includes FAAB, finding free agents, the way things sort, blah blah blah and the rest you mentioned above. The IT team does a great job of testing, testing and testing a program before unveiling it. I saw the Live Scoring in August and we still haven't unveiled it, so obviously things aren't just right. Hopefully we can unveil it soon enough so that folks can see what we've been working on. We haven't just let baseball ride and given up for football, which is a frustrating accusation to defend without the work we have ready to show you. But I know they're not going to unveil it until it works perfectly or we'll definitely ruin the last two weeks of the season.

STATS is known for the data behind Live Scoring. Every notable industry site uses STATS' data for Live Scoring. We all know that. But displaying that data is a totally different program and one we really didn't have under Krause's or before the Fanball purchase. What we had then was an older Live Scoring version that updated periodically. That's the same program we have now. We needed to totally rewrite that code to add more data and to make it faster. So yes, STATS has all of the data involved with Live Scoring, but it takes another program to display all of that info where you want it, how you want it and how fast you can show it. That's the part that is still taking time.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Sincerely,
A Former Customer
The only thing you added Craig was an accusation that we drop everything we're doing for baseball when football starts, which just isn't true. But like you said, others might think the same way and right now we don't have anything to show that you're wrong. So you can look like you know what you're talking about for now even though you don't have any teams in either contest now and haven't had a team in the NFBC since our last Fanball season of 2010. All we can do is continue to improve both products and hit our deadlines when we say they are coming. We certainly have enough manpower to not only run two sports but basketball as well. We look forward to unveiling that sport again shortly.

No worries; you didn't have a ball in the game here anyway. We will have a much improved Live Scoring format for our customers before next March and then our next promise will be Live Overall Standings. We need to get those two areas right to compete with others. We know you all have choices and so we need to try to be the best in every area. Right now we're far from the best in Live Scoring and we're not in the game yet for Live Overall Standings. We'll get there with or without your prodding. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 am

Greg,
Could you also make sure to re add the free agent page place bid button? When you are looking to get a specific name it is very helpful. We used to have but when we went back to stats somehow this went away. Thanks very much

Money

Post by Money » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 am

The only reason I inquired was because for the first time ever I have an outside chance at a top 10 finish. The response(s) that followed from a non participating poster are without warrant. If you play in the NFBC or have in the past you understand that time, passion and effort are what fuel the success of this company. If no overall scoring is in the cards for this year that's fine, I'm positive it will not be from lack of effort.

I understand why non participating posters are allowed, but this sure makes a case for not letting them post without participating, especially in-season.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:i think this is the same exact thing we heard in may with the first dh and the scoring issues. and fortunately for you, i don't believe there are any more scheduled dh's, so we won't know if you guys have actually fixed the issue.
Just a heads up that with both New York games being cancelled for tonight that we have at least two MLB doubleheaders scheduled for tomorrow and maybe more. We are on the ready to make sure the Live Scoring works tomorrow for those doubleheaders. They did work for previous doubleheaders after we fixed the problem, but we're not sure why last week's doubleheader didn't display the stats properly in Live Scoring. We're already on the ready for these tomorrow, so hopefully all works well.

It would be pretty f---ing ridiculous to go the entire season with the same issue. I don't think we did, but obviously last week's doubleheader didn't display properly. Here's hoping it works tomorrow.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius