What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 am

The Mighty Men wrote:On the free agent pages, when I hit % owned, it STILL lists all the 0% owned first, rather than the list of highest owned players. It is an annoyance.
That does make sense. ;) I will request.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 am

OK, I've got a couple for you.

1. We could use the drop down to navigate to each of our leagues in "Standings" and "FAAB Bid Results"

2. When using the drop down it would be nice if when you click on another one of your leagues it will automatically go to that league. There should be no reason that you have to scroll to the right and hit "Switch Teams". I guess this would go under annoyance.

This would be especially useful when setting rosters each Monday and Friday. For example the new version of live scoring has a drop down that automatically sends you to the team you have clicked on (within the drop down box) without having the extra step.

Thanks
Joe

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:59 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Dnye23 wrote:The ability to swap a pitcher on Friday if he lands on the DL midweek. I have 2 of them... :x
We've tried that before and it just opens too many other happenings. We won't be swapping out pitchers on Friday's anytime soon in the NFBC. Sorry.
Greg I understand that there were some manipulations of the rule in earlier days but with a better back end and a much closer working arrangement with it seems there could be restrictions built into the system that would allow NEW pitchers placed on the DL from M-TH to be "DLed" for the weekend. This hurts no one and helps teams who were counting on a weekend start from a pitcher by letting them at least get a lesser starter or one of their benched relievers in for the three day period.

JaserD

Post by JaserD » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 am

This may exist and maybe I just don't know where to find it, but it would be nice to see your Overall ranking on the League Standings page. Again, unless I am missing something the way to find your OA rank is to scroll through the Overall standings page by page. Some of us have to scroll and scroll and scroll much farther than others... :shock:

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:08 pm

JaserD wrote:This may exist and maybe I just don't know where to find it, but it would be nice to see your Overall ranking on the League Standings page. Again, unless I am missing something the way to find your OA rank is to scroll through the Overall standings page by page. Some of us have to scroll and scroll and scroll much farther than others... :shock:
Your Team Name should be highlighted so it's not that tough .... you could also use CtrlF and it would take you right to it

JaserD

Post by JaserD » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks Capt, I do see the highlight but obviously it's only picking up 1 team. Doesn't help as much when you have multiple teams in the same competition. If all an owners Teams were highlighted, that might be more helpful.

Big Mac Attack

Post by Big Mac Attack » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 am

jim.s wrote:for team stats have option in drop down box for last 7 days, last 14 days, last 21 days, last 28 days, just like you have on the FA page. this would save time on setting lineups (and deciding who to drop for FA)
To avoid asking for this again, I'm just going to agree with the comment of jim.s above that this would be an excellent improvement. Besides, he said it better than I ever have.

Also, the links need to be updated when using the headers on the message board page (ie St Louis wasn't a city this year, etc). Sadly I pulled up the cities twice in the winter, got excited about seeing St Louis as an option :D , before seeing the 2012 dates on the itenerary :cry: .

And looking at other league standings with the pull-down menus still contains 2012 leagues. Since years aren't indicated on the pulldown, that can be confusing.

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

the last two days the free agent page won't work. it just constantly says its working. this is on an ipad, not sure if others are having the same issue or if its just me.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 pm

It did that to me once, on my Android tablet, but just once. Never seen it happen since or ever on my iPhone which is working for Free Agents today.

Hope that helps.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

gpchurchill

Post by gpchurchill » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Dnye23 wrote:The ability to swap a pitcher on Friday if he lands on the DL midweek. I have 2 of them... :x
We've tried that before and it just opens too many other happenings. We won't be swapping out pitchers on Friday's anytime soon in the NFBC. Sorry.
Greg I understand that there were some manipulations of the rule in earlier days but with a better back end and a much closer working arrangement with it seems there could be restrictions built into the system that would allow NEW pitchers placed on the DL from M-TH to be "DLed" for the weekend. This hurts no one and helps teams who were counting on a weekend start from a pitcher by letting them at least get a lesser starter or one of their benched relievers in for the three day period.
I agree. I think a change of this kind would greatly i improve our game.

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:17 am

Help me out -- but what happened to the old "Player Movement" tab on one's Team Webpage? I used to like checking that on Monday's, after FAAB each week.

I can't find the "Player Movement" feature / tab anyplace. Greg or Tom -- is it gone, coming back etc.?

Thanks!
"Past Peformance Does Not Guarantee Future Returns"

Sea Wolves

Post by Sea Wolves » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 am

On the Free Agents page, it would be nice when you select a time period (other than 2013 Overall) if the Rank could be recalculated based upon the time period selected. When I'm looking at the "Last 2 Weeks" if doesn't help to know so and so's oveall rank.

Having said that, I love 99% of what I've seen so far on this site!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 am

And please, for the love of everything that is right, move 'free agents' from 'Stats' to 'Transactions'.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am

How about an update as to some additions that are being worked on and what we might expect. This will also let us know that certain things will not come this year and we won't look for them.

Thanks
Joe

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

To echo the above post about the additions that are being worked on, I wanted to repeat something I wrote here a while ago and never knew if it was addressed.

Is there any way we can order our pitchers based on their value to us. Ie Starting pitchers first with closers at the bottom. Rather than having to have them listed in alpha order?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Money wrote:How about an update as to some additions that are being worked on and what we might expect. This will also let us know that certain things will not come this year and we won't look for them.

Thanks
Tom and I were supposed to be in Chicago last Thursday for meetings, but the floods affected our offices down there and we couldn't make it. We might be going this week and should have an update shortly. I know we were close on the mobile apps. I'll see what we have going forward soon and post. Many of the items that folks asked for have been accomplished, but we still have a few more items on the To-Do list that we were going to talk about.

As for the doubleheaders in Live Scoring, I understand the frustration in the past and we had one clean day this year and then two recent games where the problem occured. We certainly have a handle on the problem now and it's happening when rainouts are rescheduled for the next day or two. We will fix that this week and change the way we have upcoming games programmed to take care of this. It's something we feel can and will be solved this week and done forever. We all hope so, but IT feels confident about that.

Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm

I would like to see the live overall standings better reflect the actual standings. One of my teams has a 200 point difference between the live overall standings and the overnight official standings, every day for the past week, consistently (and yes, I do realize that stats change. I mean that going into every day, there is a 200 point difference, and a similar difference in standings, consistently). Now I realize that live standings don't mean very much, especially this early in the year. But I do enjoy watching my team and seeing how certain events change the standings, so it would be nice if the live standings and official standings were at least running off the same numbers.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Minor glitch, but when you click on the "league remaining balance" drop down box in the free agents page, there are multiple line items with the same team name/ balance for several teams. For example:

Team brown 650
Team yellow 425
Team yellow 425
Team yellow 425
Team red 250
Team red 250
Team orange 150

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:45 pm

We now have a drop-down option to switch between teams from any page in the game. You can find this drop-down at the top right of your team page. Thanks to our tech team for adding this feature which should be a great addition for those in multiple leagues.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:We now have a drop-down option to switch between teams from any page in the game. You can find this drop-down at the top right of your team page. Thanks to our tech team for adding this feature which should be a great addition for those in multiple leagues.

Tom- Great Feature- seems to work on every page too and its fast.... this saves time and having to open extra web pages..... Thanks for adding this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money

Post by Money » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:We now have a drop-down option to switch between teams from any page in the game. You can find this drop-down at the top right of your team page. Thanks to our tech team for adding this feature which should be a great addition for those in multiple leagues.
What a great add!! This was certainly at the top of most wish lists. What makes it even greater is that the teams are listed in the order that we chose for our "My teams" page. Very nice!!
Joe

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Good work, NFBC. Nice add - and Joe is right, and are listed in the order of 'My Teams' page.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Agreed.. sweet feature big time saver !

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 pm

This is one of the features I was hoping would be implemented sooner rather than later. Not only did you provide, but with the added bonus of the teams being listed in our personal orders, it's very user friendly. Thank you.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Nice......
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!