What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Rainiers

Re: What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Post by Rainiers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm

whale4evr wrote:
Even an option to alphabetize the player list would save a lot of frantic scrolling at 7:58 on Sunday.

You can do this already...just click on the column head.
- Robert

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Driver Love wrote:I have to believe this can be done and I am just a fool. If it cannot be done, it seems like something that would be nice to have.

When I go to "team stats" I can see my players numbers for each individual period. I can see MLB YTD and fantasy YTD. I can even see "on pace for" (which I like).

I do not see the ability to see how they have done for the last 2, 3 or even 4 weeks in the same way we can with free agents. If I want to review my team and see how guys are currently trending, that would be helpful. Now I ask this question having the feeling this can be done and I just don't know how to do it.
The addition of the Last 7, 14, 21 and 3 weeks stat views to Team Stats is now live. Enjoy.

We should have another item added by tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Great job, Gregor! Thank you for that.

And I will apologize in advance for becoming more needy after you throw us some new toys. BUT I would LOVE to somehow see the daily +/- standings changes in our daily emails so I can see each team's daily standings movement. Would enhance my NFBC-playing pleasure.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Driver Love wrote:I have to believe this can be done and I am just a fool. If it cannot be done, it seems like something that would be nice to have.

When I go to "team stats" I can see my players numbers for each individual period. I can see MLB YTD and fantasy YTD. I can even see "on pace for" (which I like).

I do not see the ability to see how they have done for the last 2, 3 or even 4 weeks in the same way we can with free agents. If I want to review my team and see how guys are currently trending, that would be helpful. Now I ask this question having the feeling this can be done and I just don't know how to do it.
The addition of the Last 7, 14, 21 and 3 weeks stat views to Team Stats is now live. Enjoy.

We should have another item added by tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wow Greg- I was thinking this last week, then it gets mentioned here yesterday and today it is done.... amazing and thank you!!!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't know if this is technically possible, but when we check mark a free agent we like, it'd be cool if a little box appeared asking if we would like this free agent marked for all of our teams.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I don't know if this is technically possible, but when we check mark a free agent we like, it'd be cool if a little box appeared asking if we would like this free agent marked for all of our teams.
This would be a huge help. In the very least when you bring up a player page and then switch leagues, please have it take you to that player page and not to a blank search screen. This would keep us from having to go through the entire process from the beginning again for each team.
Joe

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread, and I apologize if it has, but it would be a big help if we could move around players within the lineup that have multi-position eligibility after their game has started. IE- Allen Craig can be moved around from 1b, OF, U, or CI after his game has started, but is locked from being benched.

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

I am sure this is mentioned somewhere also but if it hasn't , could we have it where when we set our lineup we could have the players or teams start time?

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 pm

not sure if this would improve anything, but once you made the GREAT improvement of having stats for our team over last 7, 14, 21, etc days you probably do not need to have stats filtered by month anymore.

I personally would like to see the ability to order our 9 pitchers in whatever order we want rather than them being forced into alphabetical order. Just a personal preference so I can list starters followed by relievers.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 am

TParsons wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread, and I apologize if it has, but it would be a big help if we could move around players within the lineup that have multi-position eligibility after their game has started. IE- Allen Craig can be moved around from 1b, OF, U, or CI after his game has started, but is locked from being benched.
Yep, I was victimized by this last night. I couldn't make U accessible for another player because it was locked with a 7:05 player.
Hopefully this can be fixed.
On my tombstone-

Nevadaman

Post by Nevadaman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 pm

It's been at least two years since we were able to click on an owner's name and see the results for all of his NFBC teams. I loved this feature and would like to see it return! Our history is important and it's nice to be able to size up opponents, start debates on better owners for HOF status, etc.

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Don't know if this was said. How about the ability to search for any player, free agent or on a team.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm

This isn't a technical improvement. It's a rules change.
We have debated innings limits since the NFBC arrived. The course of action over the past few years is that more have suggested moving up the innings limit so that the strategy of using mostly relievers cannot be used.
During this time, more and more injuries have occurred, especially pitchers.
I like the 1200 innings limit where it is for 30 man rosters, it seems to have done the job.
For 50 man rosters without FAAB, it is getting tougher and tougher to hit 1200 innings, even using all double starts for some of my teams.
Maybe it's just me with the bad luck, I don't know.
But maybe cutting the 50 man rosters innings limits to 1150 or 1100 wouldn't be a bad idea.
On my tombstone-

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 pm

The minimum is 1000 innings.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Good. That's a relief. For some reason I thought it was 1200.
On my tombstone-

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 am

On the free agent screen, in addition to the activation date a column with the date for recently released players.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
TParsons wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread, and I apologize if it has, but it would be a big help if we could move around players within the lineup that have multi-position eligibility after their game has started. IE- Allen Craig can be moved around from 1b, OF, U, or CI after his game has started, but is locked from being benched.
Yep, I was victimized by this last night. I couldn't make U accessible for another player because it was locked with a 7:05 player.
Hopefully this can be fixed.
Adding on, I would love the ability to change a player out, even on Tues or Wed, if their team has not yet played for the week. Nothing sucks more than having your starter scratched when his team has not yet played a game and you have other starter's whose team has not played, but their lineup is already locked. IE- Chatwood tonight.

While I'm in here bitching, I'd also love to see it where we can make changes all the way up to the scheduled start time, rather than 15 minutes before. I'm not really sure what good that 15 minutes even does.

With the technology that is out there, there's no reason this can't be done.

/bitching for this week. Back for more later...maybe.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 am

An addition to the Draft Board page in each league:

Add a link or toggle that allows you to cancel the automatic refresh every 45 seconds. This is a lot more likely to be used post draft when analyzing the results than during the draft. It's week 19/20 and it still refreshes every 45 seconds.

Nice during the draft but pretty annoying right now.

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

You can look at "draft results" under the "league" tab on your leagues main page

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Greg,

"DL" designation on the Free Agent page...nice!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 am

Edwards Kings wrote:Greg,

"DL" designation on the Free Agent page...nice!
We're glad to have that one scratched off the "To-Do" List. It seems simple enough, but like you said it's a nice addition. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Seeing lots of weird data in real time stats this last week. Like it shows my real totals but It only shows a few players stats. Lots of other strangeness on real time scoring like real details coming up initially, the disappearing on the refresh

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 pm

joshguy wrote:You can look at "draft results" under the "league" tab on your leagues main page
Yes you can, but that's not the draft board is it?
I'll just save the browser page for the draft board and view it offline. If I have to alter the code to get it to stop refreshing then so be it.

No point in an auto refresh after the draft is complete let alone 4 months into the season.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am

Deadheadz wrote:
joshguy wrote:You can look at "draft results" under the "league" tab on your leagues main page
Yes you can, but that's not the draft board is it?
I'll just save the browser page for the draft board and view it offline. If I have to alter the code to get it to stop refreshing then so be it.

No point in an auto refresh after the draft is complete let alone 4 months into the season.
So then whats the advantage of looking at the draft board that refreshes every 45 seconds if you can look at a different page that doesnt refresh and you can break it down by team, round, position. Altering code seems MUCH easier than doing that.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:11 am

I don't think there's a technical improvement that would be more of a times savings than changing the way we edit the top choice for our FAAB bid lists or the way we rearrange the order of our contingency bids.

Having to hit the "edit" tab, scroll down through the player pool, hit the "edit add" tab for the new player we decide should top our bid list, and then scroll back to the top to hit the "add conditional" tab, then scroll back down to hit the "add conditional" tab to re-add the player who used to top our bid list, and then hit the "move up" tab over and over again until he's second on our list is just so time consuming and unbelievably archaic. That's about 40 extra steps than should be necessary for each of these moves we need to make.

Other sites have a relatively new technical phenomenon called "drag and drop". It takes about one second for us to reorder those bids. Oh wait, drag and drop has only been around for a decade.

All ball-busting aside, this would be a major time savings for the NFBC and NFFC's customers. Would changing this really be such a difficult task? It would make FAAB Sundays and especially last minute tweaking unbelievably simpler and quicker.

PS.... Any chance we can get this technical improvement installed prior to FAAB tomorrow? :D