What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

DOUGHBOYS

Re: What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun May 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Cotton1 wrote:47 minutes now...do I set my lineup at 1am or tomorrow at 6:59 if I get home from a late appointment in time? This move to 10pm is ridiculous
It's not the move to 10 p.m. that is ridiculous.
We assume that the wait time will only get shorter, not LONGER.
This really is a problem.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:01 pm

I just keep hitting refresh and giggling uncontrollably
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun May 18, 2014 9:01 pm

I am on pins and needles to find out if I was able to get Romine off my platinum team or not. It is cruel and unusual punishment making him be on by team these extra minutes.

What is even worse is I have to see my winning bid from last week on that POS every time I check.
Last edited by Cocktails and Dreams on Sun May 18, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 18, 2014 9:02 pm

can't wait up longer. heading to bed.

someone at STATS please take some ownership and responsibility for this issue. pitiful, just pitiful

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun May 18, 2014 9:05 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Cotton1 wrote:47 minutes now...do I set my lineup at 1am or tomorrow at 6:59 if I get home from a late appointment in time? This move to 10pm is ridiculous
It's not the move to 10 p.m. that is ridiculous.
We assume that the wait time will only get shorter, not LONGER.
This really is a problem.
Agree completely. The 10 pm EST deadline is fine; for most, it's an improvement. BUT, that deadline does not work if it takes an hour or longer (and still counting) to get the results. If not instantaneous, this process should be done, for all leagues, by no later than 10:15 pm.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun May 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Believe this is a first where FAAB ran for almost every league save a few. Very odd -- I hope there's a good explanation as to why this happened.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Please let the first nuke fired at the USA hit the east coast and wipe out the wimps. The west will survive with out their wimpy complaints about staying up late. :lol:

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Must just be certain leagues not released. Got all of mine by 9:20 CST, though shit should be released at 9:01, 9:05 at the latest. To think each league is run one after the other is absolutely archaiac.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sun May 18, 2014 9:18 pm

I have never seen it take this long. I think it must be another issue. I like the 10pm personally. I don't think that needs to change.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun May 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Just finished entering FAAB 9:59 whew !
Happy-customer.jpg
Happy-customer.jpg (39.36 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
Just received FAAB results 10:05 ... year 2053
cutcaster-photo-100092142-Grumpy-Senior-Man-with-a-Laptop-Computer.jpg
cutcaster-photo-100092142-Grumpy-Senior-Man-with-a-Laptop-Computer.jpg (196.33 KiB) Viewed 5643 times

Money

Post by Money » Sun May 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I am on pins and needles to find out if I was able to get Romine off my platinum team or not. It is cruel and unusual punishment making him be on by team these extra minutes.

What is even worse is I have to see my winning bid from last week on that POS every time I check.
Chad, there were some F'd up bids in that league last week. The romaine play was not even close to being the worst play. It looks quite genius after reviewing the week that was.
Joe

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 pm

11:43pm EST and no results for 3/29 Main OL league 3???? Can we get an explanation? I really can't wait to hear the excuse this time!!! Oh wait, there is no excuse!!!!!
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Quahogs wrote:Just finished entering FAAB 9:59 whew !
1.jpg
Just received FAAB results 10:05 ... year 2053
2r.jpg
LOL. Hilarious. Nicely played.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun May 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Anyone hear about an asteroid wiping out Chicago and Iola ?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon May 19, 2014 4:15 am

Still no results!!!

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Same here for my 3/29 MAIN OL 1pm; Lg 5
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 am

I have no idea why some FAAB results did not display last night. This is a first. I'm hoping we can get those shown ASAP. Sorry all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Mon May 19, 2014 6:43 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I have no idea why some FAAB results did not display last night. This is a first. I'm hoping we can get those shown ASAP. Sorry all.
Standard and not good enough. It seems as though any technical improvement that you guys try to implement never runs properly the first time around...usually not the 2nd time around. Why are leagues even batch processing? I'm not in the platinum league (thank god); Just to think that those guys put up $20k and can't even get their FAAB processed on time, is beyond ridiculous. Great job of making sure your customers are taken care of!

Here is the technical improvement that I'd like to see....

See if you can get your partnership with Fan Duel to include their technical team and scrap whatever the hell you have going on there because it's obviously not working. Gekko is right, this is the type of thing that causes customers to look elsewhere. You guys need to give thanks today that there is very little competition in the season long market.

JOKE!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon May 19, 2014 7:50 am

I know absolutely nothing about how this all works.
What I do know is that on every other site I have been on, free agent results and live scoring is immediate. To think that a tech department goes through each league, one by one, brings thoughts of a guy with an abacus going crazy trying to keep up.
When we had the vote to move FAAB back two hours, nothing was mentioned about the results taking longer and longer to receive.
Also, the site itself has been running 'slower' lately. I'm on Google Chrome which is optimum, but keep getting 'unresponsive' messages, then have to wait a long time through a 'working' sign to get on.
Maybe there is a larger overall problem than faab?
On my tombstone-

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 am

Guys. I am not trying to be an NFBC apologist but there was obviously a different type of issue this time. I cannot remember anything like this ever happening before where FAAB simply didn't run in a few leagues. Like most of you, I was waiting on a few leagues and with a 7pm start time tonight, we should all get our lineups done on time. I am sure Greg is just as frustrated as all of us. Mark, please take your business elsewhere.. maybe I will have a chance to win a DC league next year. ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I know absolutely nothing about how this all works.
What I do know is that on every other site I have been on, free agent results and live scoring is immediate. To think that a tech department goes through each league, one by one, brings thoughts of a guy with an abacus going crazy trying to keep up.
Or......

The lead IT tech at STATS pushing the button for the Online Championships FAAB.
"Should I push the Platinum League button next or take a nap first....hmmmm."

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 am

I remember when I, Walla Walla was pounded on this site for complaints like this. Now many that pounded me are now the ones complaining. While me, Walla Walla is laying back laughing my a** off at the ado about nothing. One more thing. When you pay 10,000 to play a league. Your paying for the chance to win more money. Your not paying for better service. So all you self made millionaires can pack sand! :lol:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon May 19, 2014 2:48 pm

You were pounded for those comments, John.
And knowing you, probably rightly so :D
What has changed between now and then?
Time.
I'll speak for myself here.
I was willing to give the NFBC time to get their tech legs beneath them. It was a new idea and together we grew into a family of sorts.
I felt to berate the NFBC for technical glitches in its genesis was too early. Mistakes were bound to happen.
We went through the Fanball period and were at the least, promised better technology. Fanball had done this for years and even though there was a lot to dislike about Fanball, we did expect better tech.
We really never even got that.

Its been over 10 years now and technolgy is still the weak link of the NFBC.
The things that were talked about years ago are still the same things being talked of today.
FAAB, live scoring, and ease of the pages all could be enhanced.

With STATS, I expected everything to be streamlined. STATS, to me, meant an organization that was built on technology driven information delivered to many companies and countries every day.
It's not the case for us.
We are promised better tech and get some in drips and drabs, almost like the NFBC is the low man on the STATS totem pole and are thrown a bone every once in awhile.
The FAAB new page is nice, a slight improvement, but far from being the page most of us really want.
Yet, we are told that new FAAB fixes are over and 'live scoring' is the next fix.
I had a player in the 'drop player' slot last night. Refreshed, the page, and voila! That player was gone.
I'm glad I noticed, but wondered if that had happened other times.

Below is part of what STATS says they have to offer their customer:

'Data Delivery XML Data Feeds STATS offers “streaming XML” feeds to its clients for all data, including pitch-by-pitch and play-by-play updates, over a socket connection. These feeds deliver not just the most recent play as fast as possible, but also any cumulative statistics that have changed on the recent play, minimizing the need of our clients to store and database the information. The intuitive nature of XML (Extensible Markup Language) offers STATS’ clients extreme benefits in terms of both adaptability and ease of production. Real-Time Data As the industry pioneer, STATS virtually created the high tech sports information industry by developing sophisticated data gathering networks to deliver the most in-depth, innovative and timely sports information services in the world. As a result, fans enjoy more in-depth, interesting and accurate statistics on a ‘real-time’ basis. Moreover, our clients are more efficient because they can leverage resources that would have been used to manage a feed to other more profitable areas in their company due to STATS’ custom data feeds.'

STATS stands for 'Sports Team Analysis and Tracking Systems'

In a way, we're a STATS customer. Why aren't we getting this superlative service?
We've been with STATS for at least a couple of years now and still are not treated the way that STATS customers are.
We get drips and drabs, they get lightning fast.
Sorry if this comes off as a rant or even a Walla Walla type post...(I'll take the heat this time, John).
I'm just darned disappointed that we settle for what we get, instead of getting the best out of STATS.
And I know there is a best of STATS out there.

Sorry in advance, and like said, these are just my thoughts. Maybe I'm the only one feeling this way.
On my tombstone-

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon May 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Dough,

You are not. You are right. We are. But we don't. And we probably won't. :|

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Agree you are not alone Dan

I would bet that Greg and Tom are frustrated as well BUT I doubt the "Fantasy division" or whatever they call the branch of the company that is the NFBC, NFFC, NFBKC does NOT have their own IT unit/person. They likely have to go to people not in the same division to ask to get things done ... and guess what place in line their requests are? Perhaps new owners who want to expand this area of revenue will see that there is a need for some techies who work on this and nothing else to be involved and working on innovating and improving and not just fixing the broken items.