What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Rainiers

Re: What Technical Improvements Would You Like To See?

Post by Rainiers » Mon May 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Greg,

I'll reiterate what I've said before...What you have going is the very best in the business.

But...

I think you have the answer for the investors the next time they ask...

How do we grow this business even bigger?

Better software.

When upper management asks...same answer. And suggest to them that they quit sending you the JV programmers.
- Robert

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon May 19, 2014 7:57 pm

I had dinner with three investment bankers tonight and two of them had put an LOI in on the stats deal. 2 interesting things
1) They suspected stats got over ten times earnings for a business they saw with little upside potential. In that world that is huge.
2) I asked what upside they saw that made them bid at all and they mentioned a few things. I asked about fantasy sports and neither of them were even aware they did fantasy sports.

That should tell you all you need to know about why IT involvement here is so small. Vista is a good PEG for that I am happy for Greg. Their niche is technology businesses. These are very astute investors. If Stats had terrible technology no way they trade for that. They are just not focused on this business unit. I think that is pretty obvious to everyone who plays here.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Since I bitched about the turnaround on FAAB results last week (and rightfully so), I'd just like to say....

Much better job this week. Keep improving each week. We're almost there.
Hopefully before you know it, we'll have the instant results we crave.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun May 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Agreed.
A lot better turn around this week.....Well done.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:44 am

There's been something that has bugged me about the new FAAB page that made it a little less than user friendly, but I couldn't put my finger on it till this morning.
I am not computer savvy or descriptive, so I'll put this in caveman terms.
The thingie we use to scroll the players up and down does not have the top arrow at the top and bottom arrow on my screen at the same time. I have to pick between one or the other.
It makes it very hard to go up and down the list while making sure no player is missed.
Hopefully, I made myself understood. And maybe this is just my computer and I need to make adjustments or something.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Have awesome looking ladies in tank tops and shorts putting up stickers on the draft board. I think I saw this once. I don't remember anyone protesting either. Must of been a Football draft. The time went way too fast! Ditch the computers and invest in sticker posters.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 am

Anyone interested in a stable, lightning fast Browser should try Chromium.

It is what Google uses to develop their Google Chrome browser. Google takes the base Chromium code and then adds all sorts of stuff to it, with the intent of tracking everything a user does and offering its own ad based crap, collecting of data code and such. I've been testing it for a weeks now, and it works flawslessy on every NFBC web site. Live scoring is lightening fast, FAAB great. Its got all the basic core features of chrome, minus all Google's crap. You can save bookmarks, etc... Flash web sites work fine, etc...

I've tested it on XP, Win 7 and 8 and its really fast on all three. It works great too on Linux. The reviews for Apple OS are just as good, but I have not tested it on Apple. It is much faster than Google chrome. I started using it a few weeks ago when everyone was still having speed issues on the Nfbc and even then it worked fine.

The link below has 32Bit and 64bit versions. The exe version actually installs it on yoru computer. The zip version runs as a portable version. I use the portable version, and just create a shortcut to the actual chrome.exe. Therefore no permanent record on any computer. New version and updates come out on monthly schedule.

For those that want even more security and stealthiness while online try Iron Chromium, it too works great, but I've not done much looking into it, other than they claim more anonymity while on the web and to be even faster than Chromium.

Chromium is developed by the Linux based free community. Using Google Chrome you can be rest assured, Google knows when you go take a crap... let alone all the other information it collects on you. It is a the worst browser out there that collects information on users.

http://chromium.woolyss.com/

Money

Post by Money » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 am

Are there any updates on Live Scoring? The delay that occurs between when tonights stats are posted and then combined with the previous stats remains quite annoying? I don't understand why they don't all load at the same time. It would be great to be able to go from team to team without having to sit out the delay with each team.

Thanks
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Money wrote:Are there any updates on Live Scoring? The delay that occurs between when tonights stats are posted and then combined with the previous stats remains quite annoying? I don't understand why they don't all load at the same time. It would be great to be able to go from team to team without having to sit out the delay with each team.

Thanks
This is being looked at. Another owner emailed exactly what he's seeing there with the delays and we are looking at that.

The Live Scoring with columns has been designed and looks great. We are in final testing there. Should be available pretty soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:09 pm

I hope that you aren't just considering the FAAB as good and moving on. Just telling people to download and use chrome isn't good enough. I still get a pause for everything to load each time I change a sort from the new FAAB (change in position, change in time frame of stats that are displayed, sorting by % owned or IP, etc) as well as any time I select/change the player(s)to be dropped. Although improved, the FAAB is still inferior to all of your competition, so I hope you're not resting easy thinking no further improvements are necessary.

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 pm

TParsons wrote:I hope that you aren't just considering the FAAB as good and moving on. Just telling people to download and use chrome isn't good enough. I still get a pause for everything to load each time I change a sort from the new FAAB (change in position, change in time frame of stats that are displayed, sorting by % owned or IP, etc) as well as any time I select/change the player(s)to be dropped. Although improved, the FAAB is still inferior to all of your competition, so I hope you're not resting easy thinking no further improvements are necessary.

Still not working that great for me either. usable but the old version works better for me on most things so I use it more than the new version. For the people that are not having problems with the Faab can kiss my ass. might have to go to my old computer and see now it does on it.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Three issues I can think of, one which was mentioned earlier in this thread but not addressed:

1. Cumulative stats. For both the overall and league scoring, knowing how I did only in week 5 does not provide me with a lot of information. But seeing how I'm doing on weekly basis cumulatively gives me more information as to how my team is progressing week-to-week relative to other teams.

2. Overall standings always link to the Main Event standings first. I am in two leagues - a Main Event and an Auction League. When I click on the Overall Stats - whether from the previous day or Live - it always goes to the Main Event standings, even if I'm reviewing my Auction team. I would think that when I'm in my "Auction Team" page that when I click on the Overall Stats that it goes to the Overall Auction standings, not the Overall Main Event standings.

3. Player Ratings. The totals are being calculated incorrectly for MR pitchers. The stats for ERA and WHIP still count for relievers. Even though they typically carry less weight because relievers pitch less innings, this does not mean that they should get zero points in those categories.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:04 pm

TParsons wrote:I hope that you aren't just considering the FAAB as good and moving on. Just telling people to download and use chrome isn't good enough. I still get a pause for everything to load each time I change a sort from the new FAAB (change in position, change in time frame of stats that are displayed, sorting by % owned or IP, etc) as well as any time I select/change the player(s)to be dropped. Although improved, the FAAB is still inferior to all of your competition, so I hope you're not resting easy thinking no further improvements are necessary.
Thanks for the feedback. I was going to start a new thread to see if folks are using the new FAAB now and getting more acclimated to it. I haven't heard any feedback in a long time, so I thought things were working well.

I'll gladly forward this to IT, but email me more info like browser you are using with these delays so we can also test it thoroughly. We aren't resting at all and if improvements are needed we will get right at them.

Tomorrow we will have a second version of Live Scoring with columns as folks had requested. We will default to the current Live Scoring page, but I think this new version will be more popular and what folks were asking for. Look for it with the start of tomorrow's games and I'll also post this in a separate thread. That's what we've been working on recently.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 pm

takes 23 minutes to run the FAAB?

RTS had it 15 minutes ago
Last edited by Captain Hook on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:44 pm

40 minutes and im still waited on my main results. Something has got to give, kinda sick of this bullshit every week.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Bama wrote:40 minutes and im still waited on my main results. Something has got to give, kinda sick of this bullshit every week.
Ken do you have browser issues?

If not this is a big problem as my main event was listed as 10:21
Rotowire OL was posted 10:23
If yours wasn't until after 10:40 then that IS a bigger problem

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Greg. Seriously, why can't we have a "add new" and "add to existing " on the profile pages that you can actually add a player a new or existing bid? This is so basic it is ridiculous not to have

swampass

Post by swampass » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:14 pm

my FAAB results page has been offline for weeks. anyone else have this issue?

can this please be fixed? i use mozilla on my computer and safari on my phone and neither can load that page. every other link works fine but that one. its strange and super annoying.

thanks

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:02 pm

swampass wrote:my FAAB results page has been offline for weeks. anyone else have this issue?

can this please be fixed? i use mozilla on my computer and safari on my phone and neither can load that page. every other link works fine but that one. its strange and super annoying.

thanks
You're looking at NFBC FAAB results, go to FAAB results which is 2 or 3 lines underneath NFBC FAAB results. For whatever reason, there are two FAAB result links with only one of them being legit.

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:05 pm

This one has been touched on by others but PLEASE, PLEASE, add YTD weekly standings that dont reset every week. It is far more useful to see how you're trending in a category on a YTD weekly basis than just checking out that one particular week(which could still have usefulness if kept also)

swampass

Post by swampass » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:55 pm

You're looking at NFBC FAAB results, go to FAAB results which is 2 or 3 lines underneath NFBC FAAB results. For whatever reason, there are two FAAB result links with only one of them being legit.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. sadly i totally missed that.

My FA page is acting crazy right now. Im trying to shuffle people up and down and they disappear from the list, they end up at the end of the list or do something else bizarre until the page finally freezes.

its killing me so i have no idea how people with multiple teams do it.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:37 pm

swampass wrote:
its killing me so i have no idea how people with multiple teams do it.
Drink...a lot
and hope the season ends sooner than later.

What a disaster this season has been from a technical perspective. All of the fun has been taken out of the game. I can't wait for the season to end.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:13 pm

:geek:
For a short time near the beginning of the season we were able to view a player profile and there was a button to Bid on Player.

Amongst the other changes, this button was lost and we were told it was supposed to come back eventually.
Will it be this season?

Very handy, when it's available.

:geek:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Rog

Post by Rog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I am sure this is mentioned somewhere before. As I am going through the free agents for about 7 teams. I would like to have the ability to hide a free agent . It would be nice to have a hide button and the ability to have a show all hidden players button.
My quick books gives me the ability to hide certain customers and the reactivate them when they come back for the summer.
The hours of time it would save me going through all the free agents at this time of the year and especially in August.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Are any of these requests actually being implemented? And if not, why not?

I posted three a few weeks ago but I've seen nothing in response.

Tom/Greg?

Bueller?