San Diego Tickets

KJ Duke

San Diego Tickets

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

For the first time ever, I have become an MLB season ticket holder. After 10 years in the city, I think this is the year that my loyalty (thought it would never happen) formally crosses over the 50/50 line to San Diego from Chicago's northside.

Under new ownership, I like what I see from the organization. This is a team free of bad legacy contracts (and intent on keeping it that way), a commitment to develop players, a decent amount of young hitting talent and a coaching staff that seems to get what they can out of a low-budget roster. Of course, the rotation at present is ugly and the division will never be easy with the LA Yankeedodgers, the consistent GIants and a solid young Arizona club in the division. At least we have the Rockies, DK . ;) The team played well in the second half last year and will probably out-play expectations again this season. A wildcard berth is a longshot at best, but I think it's a team I can get behind (although my own rostered players will continue to take precedence, I'm not losing my fantasy-baseball mind).

I attended the FanFest this weekend and purchased two seats for their half-season package. (Any other season ticket holder's here)? I'm looking forward to having the same seats, 2 rows off the field about halfway down the 3rd base line, for all of my games. I'll go to a lot more games than I ever have, but probably end up selling half the games anyway so if anyone is looking for tickets at some point, let me know.

I'm considering this a one-season experiment. The most important question is, does this help or hurt my NFBC roster mangement this season?

Also, the fences are coming in this season! Below is your first look, I snapped a picture in right field on Saturday:

King of Queens

Re: San Diego Tickets

Post by King of Queens » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 pm

KJ Duke wrote: The most important question is, does this help or hurt my NFBC roster mangement this season?
If you avoid the Sunday home games, I think you'll be okay:

4/14 COL
4/28 SF
5/5 ARI
5/19 WAS
6/2 TOR
6/16 ARI
6/23 LAD
7/14 SF
8/4 NYY
8/18 NYM
8/25 CHC -- okay, you won't miss this one :lol:
9/8 COL
9/22 LAD

All games start at 1:10pm PDT. Have fun!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

You nailed it Glenn.

But didn't Greg mention something about moving the FAAB deadline back to 9pm est? :mrgreen: Or perhaps an easy to use STATS droid app in the works ???

Yankees2009

Post by Yankees2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I've lived in San Diego going on 34 years. Been living in Encinitas/Ranch Santa Fe for past 13 years. Was a season ticket holder for 20 years, but got tired of giving away tickets and dealing with traffic particularly on friday nights. Trains really suck from North County.
I am interested in as many Yankee tickets that you can part with. My family owns Bellisarios restaurant in Del Mar. We bought it 11 years ago, but Bellisarios has been there for over 35 years. We gets many sports figures stopping in as well as making dozens of deliveries to anyone from Aaron Rodgers to Brian Giles to the late Junior Seau. If you'd like to get rid of Yankee tickets feel free to email me @[email protected] or text me @760-331-7999.

thanks,

andrew edenbaum