Shawn Childs Rolls A Perfect Game

Greg Ambrosius

Shawn Childs Rolls A Perfect Game

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm

I feel like the NFBC's gossip columnist now, but what the hell!! :lol:

Rumor has it that NFBC Hall of Famer and 200-average bowler Shawn Childs had a perfect game last weekend. I highly doubt that it's his first one and I don't even know if all 12 strikes were with the same arm -- he sometimes switches between lefty and righty in the same game -- but my sources say it was a perfect game.

I haven't verified this with the man himself, but I trust my sources!! If true, CONGRATS SHAWN!! We'll toast this latest accomplishment of yours in Las Vegas in 5 weeks!! GREAT JOB!! :mrgreen:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

hot and cold

Re: Shawn Childs Rolls A Perfect Game

Post by hot and cold » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Congrats always nice to roll 300 .

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I feel like the NFBC's gossip columnist now, but what the hell!! :lol:

Rumor has it that NFBC Hall of Famer and 200-average bowler Shawn Childs had a perfect game last weekend. I highly doubt that it's his first one and I don't even know if all 12 strikes were with the same arm -- he sometimes switches between lefty and righty in the same game -- but my sources say it was a perfect game.

I haven't verified this with the man himself, but I trust my sources!! If true, CONGRATS SHAWN!! We'll toast this latest accomplishment of yours in Las Vegas in 5 weeks!! GREAT JOB!! :mrgreen:
Sorry to say you can't switch hands in the middle of a game or league .Unless you have a average for both hands in that league .Then still if you start a game right handed you must stay right for the whole game .You can switch to left for the next game but must stay left for that whole game and use that average .

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm

hot and cold wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:I feel like the NFBC's gossip columnist now, but what the hell!! :lol:

Sorry to say you can't switch hands in the middle of a game or league .Unless you have a average for both hands in that league .Then still if you start a game right handed you must stay right for the whole game .You can switch to left for the next game but must stay left for that whole game and use that average .
This is not Nam Childs there are rules. It's a League game Smokey. :twisted:
walter-sobchak.jpg
OVER THE LINE !
walter-sobchak.jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 6273 times
Always be closing.

Texas Connection

Post by Texas Connection » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 am

Greg, you may have just killed all of his side bet bowling action in Vegas. I will need 150 pins per game now but will allow Shawn to bowl either left or right throughout the entire game.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:21 am

Texas Connection wrote:Greg, you may have just killed all of his side bet bowling action in Vegas. I will need 150 pins per game now but will allow Shawn to bowl either left or right throughout the entire game.
"Side bet bowling" in Las Vegas!!! I love it. Don't we have enough to bet on during the First Weekend of March Madness rather than take on Shawn in bowling? :lol:

Yeah, I might have saved some of you fools some money. He likes to take people down to a pool hall and snooker them out of money there, too. He's good everywhere except around the doggies or horses, and even then he hits a Superfecta once in a while!! :mrgreen:

Shawn, leave your bowling ball at home in two weeks. We're out to win TWO LABR League titles this year and nothing else!! Screw the 300, we need TWO perfect auctions in two weeks!! :D Let's do it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:10 am

Did you say there is Bowling action happening in Vegas .I might sign up if i can get some bets in bowling going .I'LL play and give 10% to anyone that gets some bowling action going .Come on down anyone with money in there pockets .

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 am

So, all you pro-bowlers out there...how would you rank the President's form?

Is it:

1) Worthy of praise by Earl Anthony?
2) Could help occasionally in a beer league?
3) Down the middle and pray?
4) Sit down Nancy, the wine tasting is down the street!

BTW, whether it was left handed, right handed, nose, johnson, or any combination...however you threw it, congrats Shawn on the 300!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 am

Edwards Kings wrote:So, all you pro-bowlers out there...how would you rank the President's form?

Is it:

BTW, whether it was left handed, right handed, nose, johnson, or any combination...however you threw it, congrats Shawn on the 300!

My typical form......

If we do have this NFBC bowling night, can we put up the bumpers?

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 am

Edwards Kings wrote:So, all you pro-bowlers out there...how would you rank the President's form?

Is it:

He is the President couldn't he get 2 shoes that matched .Very sad and very bad form .

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 am

hot and cold wrote:Did you say there is Bowling action happening in Vegas .I might sign up if i can get some bets in bowling going .I'LL play and give 10% to anyone that gets some bowling action going .Come on down anyone with money in there pockets .
I can't be the only one who has read this thread and think we already have our bowling action/side bets/entertainment set up right before us

Best two of three between hot and cold and Childs where Shawn has to bowl one game RH and one game LH and can use either/both in the final game ..... (now many places in Nevada are funny about money changing hands but if this was well organized we could be discrete and provide additional entertainment).

What say the combatants?

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 am

If Mr Childs or anyone plays me they better play with whatever hand they are best at .Don't handicap him in anyway .I have played alot of big stakes money games and have no problem playing ANYONE .Set it up lets roll .

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am

Shawn is in one of my DC leagues .I just left him a message about this on our league message board .We will see .If this does happen i will cover any and all side bets against me . I hear South Point has nice lanes so we could have it there .

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 pm

hot and cold wrote:Shawn is in one of my DC leagues .I just left him a message about this on our league message board .We will see .If this does happen i will cover any and all side bets against me . I hear South Point has nice lanes so we could have it there .

Mark I just chatted with Shawn - he is up for it but not sure of whether first or second weekend ...

Does that matter to you?

After we get agreement on that we still have to find a time to schedule - late nite seems likely

You and Shawn can play for whatever you like
People can bet with you and/or we could have a more amusing spectator pot with props included

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I arrived in Vegas on Wednesday night March 20th. We can set up some action on Thursday. I don't want to travel with a ton of bowling equipement, but I'll bring one ball for each hand. I'll bowl you one game with each hand. You will have the edge, but it will create some interest.

If anyone else wants to compete, we can set up some pot games after. The Orleans is the closest bowling alley.

I'll be in Vegas for 12 days so we could do it after the first weekend if that time frame works better for you.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm

is "playing" bowling an east coast thing? it is-"i will bowl him anytime anywhere and bring the cash" here. we play cards but don't play bowling in chicago. just sounds odd. should sell tickets to this. funny about the bowling balls shawn- i sometimes worrry about the plane falling out of the sky when my buddies fly to the abc's- 10 bowling balls each.

hot and cold

Post by hot and cold » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm up for a match maybe we could get a few more in this .Like Shawn said pot games after the first showdown .In the pot games if we could get say 5 or 6 guys .We could all throw in $100 a man a game .5 guys would be $500 a game sounds about right plus side bets .Should be fun .Let me know for exact time and day and if we are a go . Mark . 8-)