Throwing off ADP

SharkChum

Throwing off ADP

Post by SharkChum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Is there a valid reason Mike Trout went 219th in a very recent draft?
Stanton-214
Harper-172

Was this a draw the name from a hat NFBC draft?

mattjb

Re: Throwing off ADP

Post by mattjb » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 pm

SharkChum wrote:Is there a valid reason Mike Trout went 219th in a very recent draft?
Stanton-214
Harper-172

Was this a draw the name from a hat NFBC draft?
Probably an Auction messing things up?

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm

That's not it. The list stipulates (Non Auction). Besides, what little I know about auctions owners would blow their wads way sooner than those ranks. Something goofy went down.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm

It would be the keeper league that is throwing off the ADP. McCutchen taken 1st and Strasburg 2nd..

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 pm

who would take trout and harper that late in a keeper league? Or stanton for that matter

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Wolfpac wrote:who would take trout and harper that late in a keeper league? Or stanton for that matter
They were kept from last year at their original draft position

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm

How many years do they keep their keepers? I mean, Stanton was 22/59 in 359 AB in 2010. Either way, Keeper lgs shouldn't be included in these ADP's. Just an observation because I couldn't help to notice Braun leapfrog over Trout, and more importantly, why.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

SharkChum wrote:How many years do they keep their keepers? I mean, Stanton was 22/59 in 359 AB in 2010. Either way, Keeper lgs shouldn't be included in these ADP's. Just an observation because I couldn't help to notice Braun leapfrog over Trout, and more importantly, why.
I wasn't in the keeper league when Stanton was drafted, but I would assume he was likely brought up from the minors in the keeper league, getting the automatic 15th round draft position.

I am sure they will fix the ADP...

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:20 am

BK METS wrote:
SharkChum wrote:How many years do they keep their keepers? I mean, Stanton was 22/59 in 359 AB in 2010. Either way, Keeper lgs shouldn't be included in these ADP's. Just an observation because I couldn't help to notice Braun leapfrog over Trout, and more importantly, why.
I wasn't in the keeper league when Stanton was drafted, but I would assume he was likely brought up from the minors in the keeper league, getting the automatic 15th round draft position.

Screw ADP. Screw Projections. Draft who you like. Eat Doritos. - Doughboys.

poopytooth

Post by poopytooth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:33 am

JohnP wrote:
BK METS wrote:

Screw ADP. Screw Projections. Draft who you like. Eat Doritos. - Doughboys.
EXACTLY, DON'T WORRY ABOUT OTHERS IF YOU WANT SOMEONE GRAB THEM, IF YOU THINK THEY WILL SLIDE BACK TO YOU NEXT ROUND, DON'T COUNT ON IT. THESE ADP'S ARE MOSTLY DRAFT CHAMPION LEAGUES, THE MAIN EVENTS WILL BE DIFFERENT. I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH THIS YEAR SP GOING SOONER, I WONDER HOW MUCH ADP HAS TO DO WITH IT.

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:44 am

That's from KJ's Keeper League that we added yesterday. I didn't have time yesterday to pull those results from the ADPs. I'll get that done today if possible, but have no fear he didn't go 219th in any live or online draft recently.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Greg, thanks for the clarification.

Poopy, of course I'm going to take who I want. The ADP is no Bible for me, but a great tool to be used. I think some of these slots are crazy, but close to 300 drafts gives you an idea of who might slide, and who you might have to reach for. Each draft is different of course-some may value the big 3 arms more, and some might be stick-happy. I don't even have a top 3 slot-just noticed how far Braun had been slipping(guess from the Biogenesis lawsuit), so I was surprised to see he had jumped Trout, and then the '217' for the latest draft spot for him made me wonder. Just asking a ??