Carlos Marmol

KJ Duke

Carlos Marmol

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:34 pm

One-third of an inning and he's already lost the closer job, so much for a mid-year switch :lol:

kgrady

Re: Carlos Marmol

Post by kgrady » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 pm

April Fools? Or are you serious? Don't have Marmol or Fujiwaka ... just curious.
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

kgrady wrote:April Fools? Or are you serious? Don't have Marmol or Fujiwaka ... just curious.
Fuji with the save. Marmol looked awful as always - he just hasn't seemed to care about working on his game since he got paid.

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Ironic. Sirius radio was doing a show at the main event in NYC on Saturday. Eddie from Rotowire spoke with several participants before the draft to get some various perspectives. He asked me several questions, such as what I was realistically hoping for out the #14 draft position in the first turn, etc. The last question he asked me was "Which player would you be most disappointed if he wound up on your roster?" I thought about it a moment and answered Carlos Marmol. My reasoning of course was that I might have to take him if I was desperate for a second closer. I was very hesitant to go there because of Marmol's ups and downs and the presense of Kyuji Fujikawa. It turns out I didn't get a second closer at all (unless you count Sergio Santos), but at this point I think that's better than having invested an 18th round pick in Marmol. For the Cubs' sake, I hope Fujikawa works out well for them.

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:58 pm

He's all over the place. Only realistic shot of him getting the ball in the 9th again is if ownership thinks 1 or 2 good outings will get someone to bite on a trade. Me thinks 1 or 2 good outings or getting someone to bite is a pipe dream. Fuji time in Chi town with a little Russell (1 out save) against a lefty.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm

In the mixed $1300 auction in NYC Marmol wasn't even bid on. He was drafted in Rd. 24 of the snake

Jeff Erickson

Post by Jeff Erickson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm just happy that Shawn Childs got Marmol in our league and was unable to back him up with Fujikawa. I'm less happy that it was Gino Yu, who already starts off with 1.1, was the one that snaked Fujikawa from him.
Get a free 10-day trial at RotoWire:

http://www.rotowire.com/trial

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

As someone who typically pushes closers, especially 2nd closers as long as possible in drafts, I ended up with Marmol for a couple teams. I'd hoped he'd give me a few decent outings the first month or so while I hoped for a repeat of last season's closer carnage in FAAB.

Sveum just announced he's sticking with Marmol in the role. After watching today's disgrace, I'm not sure if that's a good thing for me or not.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Glenneration X wrote:As someone who typically pushes closers, especially 2nd closers as long as possible in drafts, I ended up with Marmol for a couple teams. I'd hoped he'd give me a few decent outings the first month or so while I hoped for a repeat of last season's closer carnage in FAAB.

Sveum just announced he's sticking with Marmol in the role. After watching today's disgrace, I'm not sure if that's a good thing for me or not.
I'd say his 20-foot leash is now 10.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Glen, just close your eyes and think Frank Francisco!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Meanwhile in Detroit, it looks like the mostly-undrafted Phil Coke is the early winner in the Tiger closer derby.

Billyhaze

Post by Billyhaze » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 pm

i took Fuji everywhere i could, tired of marmol, and haveing seen fuji in japan, figured people here would underrate him,

PGromek

Post by PGromek » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 pm

here we go again

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

I hope Sveum keeps Marmol in the closer role the entire season. The entertainment value alone is worth it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Piece of cake
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:24 pm

PGromek wrote:here we go again
I can't believe he got out of that inning. Now they will credit Sveum for sticking with Marmol when he easily could have lost his job for sticking with Marmol. Alvarez should be embarrassed for helping him out with runners on first and third and nobody out. He swung at a pitch 2 feet in the dirt. Oh well, he remains the closer of the Cubs!! The gas can remains in the fire. :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BlindSquirrel

Post by BlindSquirrel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 pm

He is a f*****g embarrassment to major league baseball. Has he EVER had a 1-2-3 inning??? Thank God that Schierholtz hit a 2 run homer to give him a cushion!

I only care because I drafted the jackass! :oops:

At least he got the save although he again destroys my WHIP and ERA! :evil:

EDITED: On the live scoring page, he is "on fire". :roll: Maybe it means someone should set him on fire??? :lol:
Last edited by BlindSquirrel on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm

BlindSquirrel wrote:He is a f*****g embarrassment to major league baseball. Has he EVER had a 1-2-3 inning???

You mean you have an issue with a fantasy closer with an ERA of 20.25 and a WHiP of 4.50? :shock:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:42 pm

He's a stud.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm

BlindSquirrel wrote:He is a f*****g embarrassment to major league baseball. Has he EVER had a 1-2-3 inning??? Thank God that Schierholtz hit a 2 run homer to give him a cushion!

EDITED: On the live scoring page, he is "on fire". :roll: Maybe it means someone should set him on fire??? :lol:
Leave the STATS icons alone. We all have our interpretations of "on fire." If he's not combustible I don't know who is. :lol: Just kidding of course, and yes, I have him on my Tout Wars Mixed team. Thanks for the save, Carlos, I guess.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Ended up waiting a little too long for a 2nd Closer in OL Main and a 3rd in an XII (well, 2nd closer after Kenley as the #2) -- knew the Ratios were gonna take a hit, just wanted to try to get some saves piled up before he lost him job (love Fuji, was just hoping Marmol would be serviceable enough that they'd showcase him for a trade for a little while).

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:20 pm

The gasoline can does it again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Double Upton does in Marmol!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Yikes! :oops:

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 pm

LOL that is just ridiculous...he has to lose his job now...