Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Glenneration X

Re: Who's 'The Other' NY Team ?

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Dynasty.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

:D Where is Dobies? What about that bet you were speaking of, my Yankee friend? Only 2 games, but if the Mets hit, look out.. :D

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Matt Harvey is the real deal

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:31 pm

The Mets are not a good team. Take a look at their outfield. Congrats on being 2-0 but their terrible just like my beloved Yankees. Gotta love Mets fans. You gotta believe but this fairy tale won't end well this year anyway. Have fun.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Brock wrote:The Mets are not a good team. Take a look at their outfield. Congrats on being 2-0 but their terrible just like my beloved Yankees. Gotta love Mets fans. You gotta believe but this fairy tale won't end well this year anyway. Have fun.
Well said...

The Yankee era is ending, the Mets era is beginning.. $211 million and 5th place for 2013. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the Mets don't win this year... but much more excitement in Queens, then the boring old Yankees in the Bronx!! :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 pm

BK METS wrote:
Brock wrote:The Mets are not a good team. Take a look at their outfield. Congrats on being 2-0 but their terrible just like my beloved Yankees. Gotta love Mets fans. You gotta believe but this fairy tale won't end well this year anyway. Have fun.
Well said...

The Yankee era is ending, the Mets era is beginning.. $211 million and 5th place for 2013. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the Mets don't win this year... but much more excitement in Queens, then the boring old Yankees in the Bronx!! :lol:
1968 - The Mets don't win it all....yet. Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in the great young pitching of Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry.

1984 - The Mets don't win it all....yet. Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in the great young pitching of Gooden, Darling, Sid, Aguilera.

2013 - The Mets don't win it all....yet (or do they? :D ) Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in their great young pitching of Harvey, Neise, Gee, Wheeler.

See a common thread? ;)

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm

No doubt the young Mets pitching will provide a solid foundation going forward. Don't you Mets fans think signing Michael Bourn to lead off would have given their offense a nice jump start and maybe attract some free agents next year so they could be ready to contend. Also Tejeda and Murphy in the middle are not the answer either. Mets have some work to do. Let's not forget while the Mets have been rebuilding for some 20 years the Yanks have 5 rings since 1996. Long live the Yankees.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Brock wrote:No doubt the young Mets pitching will provide a solid foundation going forward. Don't you Mets fans think signing Michael Bourn to lead off would have given their offense a nice jump start and maybe attract some free agents next year so they could be ready to contend. Also Tejeda and Murphy in the middle are not the answer either. Mets have some work to do. Let's not forget while the Mets have been rebuilding for some 20 years the Yanks have 5 rings since 1996. Long live the Yankees.
We're all well aware of the Yankees chemically aided championships. :? :mrgreen:

Money

Post by Money » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
BK METS wrote:
Well said...

1968 - The Mets don't win it all....yet. Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in the great young pitching of Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry.

1984 - The Mets don't win it all....yet. Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in the great young pitching of Gooden, Darling, Sid, Aguilera.

2013 - The Mets don't win it all....yet (or do they? :D ) Still, the seeds of their upcoming greatness is evident in their great young pitching of Harvey, Neise, Gee, Wheeler.

See a common thread? ;)
The very obvious common thread is that the Tigers won the World Series in both 1968 and 1984. I believe your theory holds true here as the Tigers bring home the trophy in 2013!!!!

Thanks Glenn, I'm a believer :D

Go Tigers. Getting on the red eye out of LAX tonight with my daughter for the weekend home opening series vs the yanks. I love the fact you remembered the beloved TIGERS. ;)
Joe

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Don't worry Alan, Dobies is here, listening to you and Lowy buying your World Series tickets after two games (like every year) even though they still wont win more than 70 games. BTW, the bet is still available to you and seeing you are up $200 it is probably a no-brainer at this point!! :D :D :D

BTW, i'm pretty sure that I know Harvey is the real deal since I have him almost everywhere and was pushing up his ADP as soon as I started drafting.

Stay in that dillusional state for as long as can. We both know it wont last as they only have so many games against that powerhouse of a squad from San Diego!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

And there goes the dreams of a perfect season, stifled by Eric Stults!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:55 pm

I'd like to see a better replay......... but did anyone else think that game winning ground ball single down the third base line by Byrd was foul??? :shock:

And yes, I do have Cishek :evil:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Navel Lint wrote:I'd like to see a better replay......... but did anyone else think that game winning ground ball single down the third base line by Byrd was foul??? :shock:

And yes, I do have Cishek :evil:
Oh, wonderful. I was blissfully unaware of that Russ. Stuck here at work from 7 am - 7 pm every wkend I miss alot of the action, which is probably a good thing for my blood pressure. When I do watch the games I find myself very critical of the umpiring.
Always be closing.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 am

Watched it live and replayed it several times. The ball went over the bag. It looked strange since, for some reason, the Marlins played the infield in with the lead. Although the Mets did play 2 bad teams, they won both series and yesterdays game highlighted their improved bullpen. They couldn't hit Fernandez but I don't think they will be the only ones who struggle against Pedro Jr.I will take 4-2. They are a scrappy team that probably won't be more than a .500 team but definitely a lot to be excited about for the future.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:44 pm

After watching the Bad News Bears, I mean the Mets, the last few days I am not surprised by the lack of partying on this thread from the fans of that "other" NY team. Greenberg and Lowy have sure gone radio silent! Maybe they have laryngitis!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brock

Post by Brock » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Haha...you tell em Jeff. Every spring the Met fans poke their head out and pound their chest in April. Spring hopes eternal and then reality sets in. The bad news bears is such an accurate description of this franchise. Valdespin,Baxter,Cowgill and Marlon Byrd inspire such high hopes that it must be hard to contain yourselves. The young pitching is something to look forward to however the offense is offensive. This is said all in good fun my loyal Met fan buddies but it must be awful to have the Mets as your favorite team. Go Yankees.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 pm

LOL!! Ain't that the truth! Hope springs eternal!! :lol: :lol:

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Its funny how arrogant Yankee fans obsess on slamming the Mets... I am still waiting for the thread bragging of all of the future Yankee stars on the horizon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Its amazing how Met fans come out of the woodwork when they finally win a game!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:15 am

Gotta Believe

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 am

The last thing you can accuse me of is being a front running Mets fan. I am here, win or lose. I attended last night's Mets game and to be in that stadium as Harvey dominated Strasburg, I realized that although the Mets will likely not win a division this year and are probably still 2 years away, it brought back many memories of watching a young Doc Gooden and a young Tom Seaver, both of whom eventually led there team to a championship. The last thing you can accuse me of is being a delusional Mets fan or a fan who only shows up when they win. I am the first one bashing the Mets for their dumb management decisions, but right now we are watching a young team that has a huge future and not just their pitching. Their offense has actually scored a lot of runs so far this year and when you have a core of Wright and Ike Davis, with young guys emerging like Duda and eventually D'arnaud, the Mets just need to pick up a few players over the next few years, specifically a center fielder, and this is a team that has a very exciting future. But once again, its hilarious how Yankee fans have nothing better to do. But then again, not much else to be excited about in the Bronx.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:12 am

Let your hair down and get crazy excited!! All I see is stud named Harvey. Wheeler has been getting raked and walking the park and your catcher of the future is already down 6-8 weeks. I am really impressed with the law firm of Cowgill, Byrd, Duda!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And how many errors can I put Reuben Tejada down for? :D :D :D I am still waiting for your approval on our 5 year bet between your "up and coming Mets" and my "over the hill Yankees". I am still prepared to donate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 am

Are we really discrediting Wheeler cause he had some control issues yesterday...that's laughable. Wheeler is and will be a complete STUD!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:30 am

Wolfpac wrote:Are we really discrediting Wheeler cause he had some control issues yesterday...that's laughable. Wheeler is and will be a complete STUD!
I think I heard similar musings about Pulsipher, Wilson, Isringhausen and the other dude. By all accounts, Wheeler is supposed to be a legit prospect, but you would think Mutts fans would learn not to get too myopic and pronounce his studdom before he's ever thrown pitch one in the major leagues.