Ryan Braun

Steel Lugnuts

Ryan Braun

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Misses the game because of neck spasms? Wow, what a warrior, can't even make it through 4-games.

rockitsauce

Re: Ryan Braun

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:41 am

yeah and I even had him in my Fanduel lineup.....freakin' jerk :evil:
Always be closing.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 am

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Misses the game because of neck spasms? Wow, what a warrior, can't even make it through 4-games.

If I was a Braun owner, which I'm not this year, I'd be far more concerned about him being out of the lineup than I would be about him not being "a warrior".

Since this guy joined the Brewers in 2007, he has played in over 95% of the games his team has played. Only 8 other players in baseball have played in more games than Braun during that time span. This guy is no Youkilis.

I may not believe his story when it comes to PED's; but as far as suiting up and taking the field everyday, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he couldn't play yesterday.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 am

Navel Lint wrote:
Steel Lugnuts wrote:Misses the game because of neck spasms? Wow, what a warrior, can't even make it through 4-games.

If I was a Braun owner, which I'm not this year, I'd be far more concerned about him being out of the lineup than I would be about him not being "a warrior".

Since this guy joined the Brewers in 2007, he has played in over 95% of the games his team has played. Only 8 other players in baseball have played in more games than Braun during that time span. This guy is no Youkilis.

I may not believe his story when it comes to PED's; but as far as suiting up and taking the field everyday, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he couldn't play yesterday.
No doubt Russ, but if.......if if if I know he's gonna sit last night's game out perhaps I decide to go ahead and you know PUT MILEY IN MY FRIGGIN' LINEUP........ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH :evil:

I hate'em even more than I thought possible. Freakin' cheater.
Always be closing.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:43 am

paging Outlaw...

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:40 am

rockitsauce wrote:
Navel Lint wrote:

No doubt Russ, but if.......if if if I know he's gonna sit last night's game out perhaps I decide to go ahead and you know PUT MILEY IN MY FRIGGIN' LINEUP........ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH :evil:

I hate'em even more than I thought possible. Freakin' cheater.
If you are making decisions on whether to start Miley based on Braun's presence, you are overthinking your lineup.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 am

The Mighty Men wrote: If you are making decisions on whether to start Miley based on Braun's presence, you are overthinking your lineup.
Me, overthink my lineup ? :o

Jack, you have no idea my friend. No, I'm just pissed b/c I got double-whammied. First I did have Braun in a few Fanduel lineups and b/c I was too busy at work to double check I couldn't replace him (assuming he wasn't a last minute scratch that nobody could replace). Second, he's the best hitter the Brewers got, maybe the best hitter in MLB, and his absence certainly makes life easier for pitchers, esp. left-handed ones.

On a side note I swear everytime I use him in Fanduel he burns me. He's one of the most expensive OF there is, so you hafta use some slug at another position if you have him in there. And every time I do it seems that's his 0-4 night. No walks (worth same as a single in FD) can't even manage to get a HBP :twisted: I guess I should be glad, not playing means a zero, which of course is better than negative points against.
Always be closing.

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Nuts. I had him in the baseballhq freeroll and finished 2nd overall.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 am

Back in the lineup today. Wind reportedly blowing out hard at Wrigley.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Welcome back Brauny. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

2 for 2. word has it on the chi town streets that his new "supplier" is in chicago and braun needed to refuel before taking the field. all set now.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

headhunters wrote:2 for 2. word has it on the chi town streets that his new "supplier" is in chicago and braun needed to refuel before taking the field. all set now.
The Cub pitching staff is usually fuel enough.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm

true dat.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm

headhunters wrote:2 for 2. word has it on the chi town streets that his new "supplier" is in chicago and braun needed to refuel before taking the field. all set now.
Gino's East, and a beer. Enough fuel for me.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1