Page 1 of 1

AROD in trouble again

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 pm
by Return of the Aces
Not a big surprise. It appears that a story is about to break that Arod was the one who was attempting to buy Biogenesis documents to destroy them.

Re: AROD in trouble again

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:41 pm
by Captain Hook
Return of the Aces wrote:Not a big surprise. It appears that a story is about to break that Arod was the one who was attempting to buy Biogenesis documents to destroy them.

slight correction - ARod had someone try and do it for him - still a stupid thing to do ... makes you think Rodriguez thought what they were going to find was going to finish him off

Re: AROD in trouble again

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:22 pm
by mlbbug
Ruth,Gehrig,Di Maggio,Mantle and all the other Yankee immortals must be rolling over in their graves the way A-Rod has disgraced the pinstripes and baseball in general. :cry: Having grown up in walking distance of the old Yankee Stadium during the glory days of the mid-50's when the Giants and Dodgers still played in new York,this guy makes me ashamed to admit that I am a Yankee fan. :oops: I was one of the few who wanted the Yankees to let him go a few years ago when he opted out of his contract and gave in to his exorbitant salary demands. Now they must bear the economic burden of that decision. :!: :!:

Re: AROD in trouble again

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 am
by Outlaw
As a Yankee fan, this guy is an embarrasment to the pinstrips, always has been and always will be... Out and out cheater and all about "me" person...... I hope he ends up far worse than Canseco, sleeping in cars and losing all his mansions.... He has cheated his whole career....

Daily news story:

Alex Rodriguez and other players linked to Biogenesis will still have to speak to Major League Baseball investigators in the near future, even if they could be called as witnesses in the lawsuit MLB filed last week against Anthony Bosch’s now-defunct anti-aging clinic.

Baseball’s investigators will interview players tied to Biogenesis shortly after the season begins next week, sources told the Daily News.

“I don’t think the lawsuit will prevent the interviews from going forward,” one source familiar with MLB’s Biogenesis investigation said.

MLB filed a civil suit in Florida state court on Friday that accuses Bosch and several business associates of “tortious interference” in contracts between baseball and its players by supplying players with performance-enhancing drugs.

Baseball officials have been investigating players’ ties to Florida anti-aging clinics since last summer, when the Daily News first reported that Giants star Melky Cabrera had tried to avoid a 50-game suspension by claiming a dietary supplement sparked a positive drug test.

An associate of Cabrera’s, Juan Carlos Nunez, was banned from MLB clubhouses after he admitted that he created a fake website for the product. Nunez worked for Cabrera’s agents, Seth and Sam Levinson, whose Brooklyn-based ACES is among baseball’s most prominent agencies.

The MLB Players Association decided not to decertify ACES but punished the Levinsons for not keeping their “rogue agent” — Nunez — under stricter supervision. MLB continues to investigate ACES and its role in Cabrera’s attempted cover-up, and the agents still face the possibility of serious discipline.

The investigation gained new steam in January, after Miami New Times published documents that linked Rodriguez and other players, including Cabrera and Brewers star Ryan Braun, to Biogenesis.

The New Times documents and facts unearthed during MLB’s own investigation have provided a “road map” for the investigation, another source said.

“We’ve gotten a lot of info already,” the source said. “Now we’re trying to lock it in.”

MLB investigators have met with just one player linked to Bosch. Minor leaguer Cesar Carrillo was suspended for 50 games for being named in the Bosch documents and 50 games for lying about knowing Bosch.

Baseball officials were able to move swiftly with Carrillo because he is not on any of MLB’s 40-man rosters and not represented by baseball’s union.

Commissioner Bud Selig had hoped to resolve the investigation before the season begins, sources have said, but that is unrealistic now.

“Of course, he’d love it to be done quickly,” one source said, adding that MLB investigators can’t “control the timetable on these things.”

Re: AROD in trouble again

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 pm
by mlbbug
The problem with MLB investigators is that they do not have subpoena power in this matter. That is why they have been trying to buy information pertaining to this case. They have had numerous requests to various government entities denied time and again. Not sure how this story will end up but MLB seems to want to continue to pursue this to some sort of conclusion.As an A-Rod hater and a lifelong Yankee fan I echo your feelings on him and hope that he gets his ass nailed to the wall. The guy is a disgrace to the pinstripes and to baseball in general. I will celebrate the day that he is no longer wearing a Yankee uniform!