Main Event Team

Money

Main Event Team

Post by Money » Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 am

This is an actual Main Event Line up from last week. The player didn't show up for the draft and isn't participating in the league. Miraculously he's not even in last place. I don't know about this 15 team stuff. ;)

Martin, Russell
Ruiz, Carlos C PHI
Morrison, Logan 1B,OF MIA
Cano, Robinson 2B NYY
Ramirez, Aramis 3B MIL
Gordon, Dee SS LAD
Crisp, Coco OF OAK
Granderson, Curtis OF NYY
Hart, Corey 1B,OF MIL
Pence, Hunter OF SF -
Werth, Jayson OF WAS
Kinsler, Ian 2B TEX
Wright, David 3B NYM
Ruf, Darin OF PHI -
Bailey, Andrew P BOS
Clippard, Tyler P WAS
Dempster, Ryan P BOS
Dickey, R.A. P TOR
Fiers, Mike P MIL
Garza, Matt P CHC
Jansen, Kenley P LAD
Miley, Wade P ARI
Wilson, Brian P SF
Joe

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Re: Main Event Team

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Mon May 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Money wrote:This is an actual Main Event Line up from last week. The player didn't show up for the draft and isn't participating in the league. Miraculously he's not even in last place. I don't know about this 15 team stuff. ;)

Martin, Russell
Ruiz, Carlos C PHI
Morrison, Logan 1B,OF MIA
Cano, Robinson 2B NYY
Ramirez, Aramis 3B MIL
Gordon, Dee SS LAD
Crisp, Coco OF OAK
Granderson, Curtis OF NYY
Hart, Corey 1B,OF MIL
Pence, Hunter OF SF -
Werth, Jayson OF WAS
Kinsler, Ian 2B TEX
Wright, David 3B NYM
Ruf, Darin OF PHI -
Bailey, Andrew P BOS
Clippard, Tyler P WAS
Dempster, Ryan P BOS
Dickey, R.A. P TOR
Fiers, Mike P MIL
Garza, Matt P CHC
Jansen, Kenley P LAD
Miley, Wade P ARI
Wilson, Brian P SF

Not in last place? How facking hilarious is that? This means that the other 13 teams I'm guessing one in the top 25 overall, one in top 50, and five in the top 100 in this league? Something has to be done about teams like this but what can be done? Give the owner 2-3 weeks of not logging in, not making adds/drops with a lineup like that with so many players missing/not even playing?

Is this unfair for other teams in this competition for the overall?

Money

Post by Money » Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 pm

I haven't been really paying attention to the individual teams in this league. I have issues of my own that I'm trying to correct and accumulate counting stats. It appears that this team has not checked in since the beginning of the season, April 1st. They are actually beating 47 teams in the overall without ever looking at their team. The reason being is that they have a .290 batting average and are in second overall in that category.

I'm not sure what can be done. The NFBC has dealt with these type of issues in the past and will probably address as they always have.
Joe

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Money wrote:I haven't been really paying attention to the individual teams in this league. I have issues of my own that I'm trying to correct and accumulate counting stats. It appears that this team has not checked in since the beginning of the season, April 1st. They are actually beating 47 teams in the overall without ever looking at their team. The reason being is that they have a .290 batting average and are in second overall in that category.

I'm not sure what can be done. The NFBC has dealt with these type of issues in the past and will probably address as they always have.
My thoughts are that the NFBC should wait a specified time, and then just take over management of the team including waiver adds/drops, etc.

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Money wrote:I haven't been really paying attention to the individual teams in this league. I have issues of my own that I'm trying to correct and accumulate counting stats. It appears that this team has not checked in since the beginning of the season, April 1st. They are actually beating 47 teams in the overall without ever looking at their team. The reason being is that they have a .290 batting average and are in second overall in that category.

heck that team might be better than mine...hahahaha

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 pm

The team name is "Auto-pick my Lineup Also". It sounds like he's probably some a$$hole that had a beef with the contest and just walked away. The obvious problem is it's created a little issue with the competitive balance, not that he'd care obviously.

Two teams from that league in the top 15.

I just hope this guy's banned for life.

Money

Post by Money » Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 pm

Glenneration X wrote:The team name is "Auto-pick my Lineup Also". It sounds like he's probably some a$$hole that had a beef with the contest and just walked away. The obvious problem is it's created a little issue with the competitive balance, not that he'd care obviously.

I didn't even realize that as I'm far behind.

I'm not even sure that Greg and Tom have been aware of this until now. What can be done? I'm in about 200th and plan on making a run, I certainly don't want it tainted by this. ;) :twisted:
Joe

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Glenneration X wrote:The team name is "Auto-pick my Lineup Also". It sounds like he's probably some a$$hole that had a beef with the contest and just walked away. The obvious problem is it's created a little issue with the competitive balance, not that he'd care obviously.

Kind of figured that league would have some high ranked teams! Gosh, who knows why that guy did that...but that sucks for those fighting for overall come September.

CASS

Post by CASS » Tue May 14, 2013 7:07 am

Greg and Tom I would assume will ban that owner for life. That completely destroys the integrity of not only that league but the overall.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am

Well, now that the info is out there, something needs to be done about it. I'm sure there are people that would be willing to take over a free team.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 14, 2013 7:48 am

Bottom line is there is really nothing we can do about it this year. You can ban the owner or change the rules for next year (i.e. the Commissioner will appoint a steward due to X weeks of inactivity though even that is a dangerous precidence), but he or she bought the team and can do what they want with it. It is part of the game that sometimes people phone it in. Fortunately not too many people just want to piss away $1,400.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 am

Hells Satans wrote:Well, now that the info is out there, something needs to be done about it. I'm sure there are people that would be willing to take over a free team.
He has paid for his team just like everyone else has. He was late to the online draft and by the time he got into the draft room he had several auto-picks of injured players. We knew it was less than an ideal situation, but that's what happens when owners don't show up on time. We don't wait for anyone, but we did reach out to him and eventually called him and told him the draft was going on. He accepted the blame and I talked with him about doing all he could in FAAB to make this the best team possible despite what happened on Draft Day, but he's apparently chosen a different path. That's his call and like any other owner he still has time to improve his team via FAAB.

It sucks whenever owners give up. And as bad as his draft was, with the right FAAB moves who knows what could have become of this team. But it's not on the NFBC to overtake teams like his or to overtake other teams who quit in May, June, July or August. That's the responsibility of each paying customer.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:10 am

Good call to at least bring it up Joe.

The guy has some reinforcements coming very soon. Go auto-team!

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue May 14, 2013 10:15 am

Forget this guy. Can you name the team owner below him please so I can look our for him next year when picking my league ;)

Money

Post by Money » Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

mattjb wrote:Forget this guy. Can you name the team owner below him please so I can look our for him next year when picking my league ;)
It sounds like you may have got a hold of him, that's good for all involved. He still has all of his FAAB money. Unfortunately his bench currently houses Jeter, ARod and Tiexera.

Any effort here would be better than no effort. I wish I had been paying a little closer attention and maybe we could've got him going a little sooner. As I stated earlier I have issues of my own right now in this league. :cry:
Joe

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am

Money wrote:
mattjb wrote:Forget this guy. Can you name the team owner below him please so I can look our for him next year when picking my league ;)
It sounds like you may have got a hold of him, that's good for all involved. He still has all of his FAAB money. Unfortunately his bench currently houses Jeter, ARod and Tiexera.

Any effort here would be better than no effort. I wish I had been paying a little closer attention and maybe we could've got him going a little sooner. As I stated earlier I have issues of my own right now in this league. :cry:
:oops:

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Is it possible that someone could buy his team from him just to have fun playing and competing the rest of the year?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:Well, now that the info is out there, something needs to be done about it. I'm sure there are people that would be willing to take over a free team.
He accepted the blame and I talked with him about doing all he could in FAAB to make this the best team possible despite what happened on Draft Day, but he's apparently chosen a different path. That's his call and like any other owner he still has time to improve his team via FAAB.
Agree with Glenn, ban him from future events if he doesn't start managing his team.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

California Aces wrote:Is it possible that someone could buy his team from him just to have fun playing and competing the rest of the year?
Anyone is more than welcome to contact him and give him a percentage of winnings. He obviously took the time to change his team name and he knows what his roster is. There have been plenty of free agents available after Draft Day that could have helped his team be even more competitive. But the NFBC isn't in the position to make him an offer anymore than we can watch all 5,000+ teams and make sure everyone is being competitive each and every day.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:But it's not on the NFBC to overtake teams like his or to overtake other teams who quit in May, June, July or August. That's the responsibility of each paying customer.
In my opinion, the NFBC has no responsibility here other than to make sure this one player never gets the opportunity to do this again in any NFBC contest or league.

Money

Post by Money » Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 pm

mattjb wrote:
Money wrote:

:oops:
I hit the wrong quote for my post. I meant to quote the post right before it from Sebadiah23, it read:

The guy has some reinforcements coming very soon. Go auto-team!
Joe