I hate this f@cking Game!!!

Money

I hate this f@cking Game!!!

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Enough said. Nobody cares. But I still hate this shit.

As the margin for error gets smaller and smaller, the frustration grows...
Joe

rkulaski

Re: I hate this f@cking Game!!!

Post by rkulaski » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I love this game. I just hate Rick porcello. No one has fooled me more often than that guy.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 pm

I agree. Rick Porcello is the true embodiment of pure evil.

Now Joe, what's got you in a tizzy tonight?

Money

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 pm

rkulaski wrote:I love this game. I just hate Rick porcello. No one has fooled me more often than that guy.
He screwed me the last few years too. The Sale non win was crushing as was winning Edwin Jackson over a few others this weekend.

Play with fire and get burned. Tough, tough year for my teams.
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Money wrote:
rkulaski wrote:I love this game. I just hate Rick porcello. No one has fooled me more often than that guy.
He screwed me the last few years too. The Sale non win was crushing as was winning Edwin Jackson over a few others this weekend.

Play with fire and get burned. Tough, tough year for my teams.
Yeah, losing that Sale win on an error was tough to take. Have I mentioned I hate closers?

Money

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Glenneration X wrote:I agree. Rick Porcello is the true embodiment of pure evil.

Now Joe, what's got you in a tizzy tonight?
My pitching on every one of my teams!!!

Not sure I can take it anymore!
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

David Price and Dick F?!ck on 3 of my FAAB teams.
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Arroyo is the topping on the cake.

Play with fire, get burned!
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Stuck in Boise, Idaho tonight self medicating (bud light).

How far am I from the Pig Farmer? Maybe I need to drop in on him and Gabe!!
Last edited by Money on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

PGromek

Post by PGromek » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Porcello pulled the 'ol bait and switch on his owners

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:29 am

I love and hate this f@cking game.

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Money wrote:Enough said. Nobody cares. But I still hate this shit.

Every pitcher I start it turns into a cyclone raining earned f@cking runs and it happened again already today. I really could care less at this point anyway.

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:33 am

Repeat after me gang....
There are no givens in this hobby. No sure things. You can do all the research in the world, and events beyond your control can make the research meaningless. Shifting to football for a second, how many people thought Aaron Hernandez was a good pick a month ago? Anyone who drafted him would have done just as well drafting Miley Cyrus instead. Because both of them are going to give the same level of production --- zero. Very few players are a given. Miguel Cabrerea is one of them that comes to mind. There are probably a few others. But after you get beyond those guys, you might as well throw darts in a lot of cases. Sure, over the long run the better drafters will win more than the less skilled drafters. But in the short term anything can happen.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:59 am

when the game stops hurting you, it is time to stop playing the game. The passionate expressions of frustrations only go to show how invested players are and how much this means to them. How could anyone not want that? If it wasn't for the bad times, the good times don't feel that good.

The problem is we remember the agonizing things more clearly than we do the good things... Be grateful that poor fantasy results sting... I wouldn't want it any other way...

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

TOXIC ASSETS wrote:Repeat after me gang....
There are no givens in this hobby. No sure things. You can do all the research in the world, and events beyond your control can make the research meaningless. Shifting to football for a second, how many people thought Aaron Hernandez was a good pick a month ago? Anyone who drafted him would have done just as well drafting Miley Cyrus instead. Because both of them are going to give the same level of production --- zero. Very few players are a given. Miguel Cabrerea is one of them that comes to mind. There are probably a few others. But after you get beyond those guys, you might as well throw darts in a lot of cases. Sure, over the long run the better drafters will win more than the less skilled drafters. But in the short term anything can happen.

Well Said- nothing is a given. A quick look at all the "top" ADP pitchers drafted this year, most of them would be drafted 100 picks lower today. Then there are the Jeff Lockes and all of those types that right now might be in the top 100 if drafted today. I for one need to rethink using ADP as much as I do.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 am

I played RA Dickey, all season, in most of my leagues, up until this week. Go figure. :evil:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 am

[quote I for one need to rethink using ADP as much as I do.[/quote]

:D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:46 am

Joe, I love your passion for sports!! If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun. If you knew the Tigers would win the World Series every year it wouldn't be much fun watching, would it? ;) (Okay, I know it would be a LOT of fun.) We love the ups and downs of sports, whether that be playing fantasy baseball and football or cheering for our beloved Tigers and Lions. Nothing ever comes easy.

Last year when you finished second overall in the NFBC XII it was a grind. This year it's a grind. Every year it's a grind. And the best part about it is that it's a 26-WEEK GRIND!! A lot happens along the way and it also keeps us occupied for 180+ days. It's AWESOME this F---ing game you talk about!! :mrgreen:

If you're in Idaho, there must have been beers involved late at night!! That explains the frustration. :mrgreen:

Continue grinding Joe and everyone else. This is the game we've chosen. This is the game we love. This devotion at this level is shared by only some of us in the entire sports world. Enjoy it and continue to share it, even when the F word slips into a headline. :roll:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Joe, I love your passion for sports!! If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun. If you knew the Tigers would win the World Series every year it wouldn't be much fun watching, would it? ;) (Okay, I know it would be a LOT of fun.) We love the ups and downs of sports, whether that be playing fantasy baseball and football or cheering for our beloved Tigers and Lions. Nothing ever comes easy.

Last year when you finished second overall in the NFBC XII it was a grind. This year it's a grind. Every year it's a grind. And the best part about it is that it's a 26-WEEK GRIND!! A lot happens along the way and it also keeps us occupied for 180+ days. It's AWESOME this F---ing game you talk about!! :mrgreen:

If you're in Idaho, there must have been beers involved late at night!! That explains the frustration. :mrgreen:

Continue grinding Joe and everyone else. This is the game we've chosen. This is the game we love. This devotion at this level is shared by only some of us in the entire sports world. Enjoy it and continue to share it, even when the F word slips into a headline. :roll:
Bud Lights in Idaho for sure Greg. I've had a horribly frustrating year with pitchers. Watching the White Sox drop an infield popup next to the Pitchers mound with 2 outs in the 9th (blowing Sale's win) was more than I could take. Seven run 2 inning performances have been the norm for my teams.

My combination of Price and Dickey has been a disaster. My best XII team has been on top most of the way, it's ERA stands at 4.35. That's pretty tough to overcome. I think I post something like this every year, with the exception of last season. GlennerationX is the only player I know that can complain about his team all season long while his name appears at the top of most overall standings. ;)

Here's to Price and Dickey regressing to their 2012 form :D
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Money wrote:GlennerationX is the only player I know that can complain about his team all season long while his name appears at the top of most overall standings. ;)
Ummmm, when do I ever complain? :?

All kidding aside Joe, I'm with Greg and Driver Love. We rant because we care. We take this game we play seriously. Maybe too seriously at times, but that's again because we care. I for one love this game and everything about it. (Though there's a night or two here or there that I hate this f@cking Game as well!!!) ;)

Keep playing and keep caring Joe. And every once in a while give us a good rant while you're at it as well. You're one of the real good guys in this contest and on these boards. (Just slow down that climb in the 12-team Super would ya please. There's enough tough players going back & forth in the standings there as it is.) :?

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 pm

I have a ME team that is doing pretty well. The first six SP I drafted on that team all have something in common.

Price
A. Sanchez
Estrada
Cobb
McCarthy
Harrison

Also drafted Braun. I guess I should be happy I have survived

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Hells Satans wrote:I have a ME team that is doing pretty well. The first six SP I drafted on that team all have something in common.

Price
A. Sanchez
Estrada
Cobb
McCarthy
Harrison

Also drafted Braun. I guess I should be happy I have survived
Noone with a 40 point lead in the Diamond has any right to be on a "I hate this f@cking Game" thread. :shock:
Now those of us 40 or more points behind you....well, at least that would make sense.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Fair enough. But I want my own forum for bitching after I blow the 40 point lead

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Hells Satans wrote:Fair enough. But I want my own forum for bitching after I blow the 40 point lead
If you're willing to agree to blow that lead right now, I'm sure that I can get 14 players who'll agree join your forum. :D
Whattaya say?

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:13 pm

And to think sometimes I feel abnormal because of the mood swings, pissy-fits, and mini-bouts of depression that I have during the season. (my main event co-managers can probably attest to this!) Good to know that I'm not alone.

We put a lot of time and energy into this game that we love and we expect to see positive results. Sucks when things go wrong. Speaking of things going wrong, I hate plantar fasciitis. Just tape up Longoria's foot and let him DH for awhile. :evil:
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN