Contemplating my biggest mistake

Atlas

Contemplating my biggest mistake

Post by Atlas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 pm

As a dreadful season draws to a close, I have begun my post mortem on a team I had such high hopes for back in April.

Pitching was decent, hitting sucked.

I felt I had good reason to grab both Chris Johnson and Marlon Byrd late in the draft.
I just didn't have the sense to keep them when they both got off to slow starts.

My BA is horrendous and would have certainly have been helped by the current NL Batting leader . :cry:

Similarly, with Viceido, David Murphy, Plouff and Ludwick coming nowhere near last year's totals nor this year's expectations, Marlon Bryd's 20 HR's (and counting) would have been a welcome addition, not to mention the .280 .

Anyone else kicking themselves over cutting significant contributors too early..or am I wearing the dunce hat by myself?

TOXIC ASSETS

Re: Contemplating my biggest mistake

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 am

My biggest mistakes this year....where do I even begin....
1) Drafting Prince Fielder at 1.9 instead of Carlos Gonzalez
2) drafting Stephen Stasburg to be the team ace
3) drafting R.A. Dickey (in round 3) and expecting anywhere near his 2012 level
4) drafting the following pitchers: J. Santana, J. Johnson, C. Billingsley, D Hudson, P. Hughes
5) getting out of bed the day of the draft

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Drafting Ryan Braun and Everth Cabrera!

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:35 pm

California Aces wrote:Drafting Ryan Braun and Everth Cabrera!
Braun was obviously a fantasy franchise killing pick. He cost you a top 5 pick in just about every NFBC Main event, certainly was still a 1st rounder. Everth on the other hand was an awesome pick. Well I took him in rd 16 of my draft, so if you told me on that March day in Vegas that I'd get 37 steals from lil E, I'd smile....widely. Sure I'd have loved to see him continue on and put up some Omar Moreno, Ron Leflore type shit....oh well, was good while it lasted.

Some "mistakes" I'd do again I suppose. I recall talking with some folks during the break after rd 10 in Vegas. My brother noticed that Lindy had taken Granderson in like rd 8 or 9, he told me if I could get him in the next few rd's could be a steal. And I did. In rd 11* I took the Grandy man with the 8th pk. We all know now what happened, but if he comes back in May when he did and doesn't get hurt it's a different story. Some risks are worth taking.

Now Billy Butler's fat ass....fool me once :twisted:

* went back and looked, so glad I waited til 11 for Grandy. My rd 10 pick was Beltran.
Always be closing.