Please Fill Out W-9 Forms If You Are A New Winner

Greg Ambrosius

Please Fill Out W-9 Forms If You Are A New Winner

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 am

We still have 16 days left in the MLB season -- and maybe more if there are ties for divisional titles or Wild Card spots -- but it's still not too early to plan on those cash payments many of you will be receiving. If you've won money from us in the last two years and have already filled out a W-9 form, then you are good to go and all you have to do is wait for your prize check shortly after the season concludes. If you haven't won any prize money from us in the past, then we need you to fill out a W-9 form online and we'll pay you after we have that on file.

Here's the post I just put on all of your team pages:

Thanks all for a great, great season. Now it's time to pay you.

Here's where you can help: All payments are going to be mailed to the address on the W9s we have on file. If you want to make sure the correct address is on file, just click on any of your team links, go to SETTINGS and pull down to Online W9. There you can edit your contact info and save it. Please do that as soon as possible!

If you haven't won money from us in the last two years either in baseball, football or basketball, then please fill out that W9 and save it. We can't pay you until we have a W9 on file. If you want to split winnings with a co-manager, please contact Tom Kessenich at [email protected] immediately. He will get you a Split Winnings form to you shortly and get that set up before the checks go out.

We do intend to pay quickly once again this season, so please fill out and update your W9s. Thanks all and CONGRATS to all of this year's prize winners.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MadCow Sez

Re: Please Fill Out W-9 Forms If You Are A New Winner

Post by MadCow Sez » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:53 pm

updated
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:58 am

Is this coded as ordinary income? What I am getting at is are we allowed an offset versus our cost to enter? I think the answer to the second question is no....
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Please confirm once again in this thread, residents of Canada who do not file US tax returns do not need to do the W9.

Correct?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 am

Deadheadz wrote:Please confirm once again in this thread, residents of Canada who do not file US tax returns do not need to do the W9.

Correct?
Canadians do NOT need to fill out a W9 and will get paid in full.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:36 am

Cotton1 wrote:Is this coded as ordinary income? What I am getting at is are we allowed an offset versus our cost to enter? I think the answer to the second question is no....
This is taxed as earned income, so talk to your tax man and learn how expenses to earn that income can offset your prize money. Others here can also give you advice.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sethpoppel

Post by sethpoppel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Greg---Is a W2-G OK??

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Oops.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:11 am

Do you need to have a W-9 on file to collect insurance money on an injured player? I'm pretty sure that Matt Kemp was on the DL for the required amount of time( unfortunately for me as he was my 1st round pick) and expect to collect on my insurance money for him. Would have wished he was healthy all year so that my team could have been more competitive but the insurance money at least takes away some of the pain. :roll:
Rich McCormick
Astoria,NY

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 am

mlbbug wrote:Do you need to have a W-9 on file to collect insurance money on an injured player? I'm pretty sure that Matt Kemp was on the DL for the required amount of time( unfortunately for me as he was my 1st round pick) and expect to collect on my insurance money for him. Would have wished he was healthy all year so that my team could have been more competitive but the insurance money at least takes away some of the pain. :roll:
Rich McCormick
Astoria,NY
No. Those checks are coming directly from Fantasy Sports Insurance, not from STATS. They need time to get approved from their adjusters once the season is over, so those checks likely come later than do the winning checks from STATS. Henry will give me an updated list of players who qualified for insurance shortly after the season and I'll post them here. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Can I get a W2 with a higher win amount so the wife doesnt lower the boom too much on me? :lol: