Tie Breaker-Do the stats count?? Can we set rosters??

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Tie Breaker-Do the stats count?? Can we set rosters??

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Cotton1 wrote:If it is a new scoring period then allow faab so the players that have no players involved at least have a chance
There are so many good posts on this thread. Good job all in a professional discussion on a passionate subject.

We don't have FAAB just for the Sunday opener and we don't have FAAB just for this game. We set a FAAB deadline so that everyone knows when they have to spend all their money by. We already have an outcry for people not in the money in their league starting players in tonight's game who haven't started for some time, like Nelson Cruz. Can you imagine the outcry if an 11th place team that hadn't spent all of its FAAB suddenly outbid all of the teams in the money for the remaining Rays and Rangers just to move up from 11th to 10th place? There would be cries of collusion.

We have a FAAB deadline now before the final week of the regular season and nobody has to budget for potential future games. Everyone knows when the deadline is and when it's time to spend all of their remaining FAAB, since it does no good to have any left over. I don't see this rule changing in the near future.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:13 pm

EA Sports wrote:Don't understand the complaining on this issue, it has always been like this and always will be. I am 11th overall in the main and it pays top 11. I have no players tonight and have to fade Nathan, Moreland, and Yunel. Call it bad luck, but roto always counts the full season. All of us have certain moves that we could have done differently during the year that would have kept us from being in the position to lose position due to one game. Heck, a savvy owner with bench spots to spare could have added Indians, Rangers, and Rays to their roster last FAAB period in case this happens. With two wild cards this will happen almost every year.

Adding a FAAB period for the new week is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

My two cents, good luck tonight fellas!

Eric Albright
Agreed on all accounts.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:23 pm

headhunters wrote:There are 435 teams and maybe 300 players. 5-10 are on the boards complaining. That is not a majority. If dough and john p can convince greg to change the rules: myself, gecko and others will sign up and play by those rules. This year we all signed up and are playing by these rules. We live in a society that now tells people you don't have to read the rules. I am glad that this contest works the way a democratic society should- read the rules, play by them and if you don't like them- work to change them going forward not backward. Just my 2 cents.
I guess I am not as good at reading the rules as you are Mike. I knew the play-in games would count. I knew there would be no FAAB period prior to the play-in game. I just assumed that a play-in game would be played as an addition to the last period. For whatever reason I thought that this is the way it was handled previously and for whatever reason other contests (CBS, FBPC - congrats KJ!!!) are handling it as an addition to final period. Not complaining - just asking it to be spelled out better for next year and perhaps a consideration of letting the extra games roll into Period 26.