Feedback for KP

Gordon Gekko

Feedback for KP

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:23 am

Originally posted by PittIsIt95:

You guys whine more than a bunch of old woman. Please shut up already and quit trying to out think yourselves. Everyone, please stop posting on the MB. PittIsIt95 doesn't like it.

viper

Feedback for KP

Post by viper » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:21 am

Walla Walla's suggestion that the draft board shows players taken by position isn't very well thought out. There are too many multi-positional players. You could easily draft Millar as your CI and then 2 selections later take another CI which then makes Millar your OF (assuming STATS allows him there - see post in other Forum). Heck, the coordinators would be spending tons of time just moving previously drafted players from position to position.

Given there are always some people who fail to read rules on eligibility or think they know it all without checking out things, Greg's allowance that they are premitted to make their roster legal is about the only reasonable way to go. I still like my suggestion that the single worst player qualifying for that position be a forced assignment to their team. Assuredly, there are some real bad 2Bs out there that are heading for the deep minor leagues.

viper

Feedback for KP

Post by viper » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:31 am

Back to what this thread was designed for. My team had the 14-pick in New York #4. Our facilitator was more than exceptional. He and his assistant knew their stuff and they knew their players. The draft moved at a brisk pace but not one that was too fast for the less prepared players to get behind. He started the stopwatch after he made his announcement of who was just selected and, typically, his assistant was posting the pick at the same time. This is the same guy who did the NY Auction Draft the evening before. The whole operation was first class.

Walla Walla

Feedback for KP

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:54 am

Viper, It worked for the Auction leagues. If you have two working the draft it can be done. On my auction draft it went fine. On Saturday LV league 3 we had one guy trying to run the whole thing.

There was a cute blond sitting there the whole draft. Her job I have no clue. Well she did get her picture taken with Meatloaf.

Dyv

Feedback for KP

Post by Dyv » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:24 pm

Originally posted by TBill:

Dyv, I assume that your point was that I should have added a "in a reasonable amount of time" disclaimer. Funny, I thought that's what we were discussing. But to narrow down the possibilities, are you saying that this should be a slimepit zoo where you can pay people to spill coffee on your main rivals? Play a trumpet in their ears? Have no standards at all? Or are you making no constructive comment? Rather than trying to discredit my idea, do you have one of your own? No, I'm just an irritant. The draft worked fine for me as it was. My only point - as minor as it was - was that I think the fantasy should stay in the games and we should be able to adapt to the conditions at the draft. To set the standard as 'would it help us make better picks' is the wrong standard in this case.

I think the draft would have been fine for everyone had the rules been enforced. I can't believe 15 people in a league let the draft facilitator run them rabid with a fast stopwatch and didn't ask for help or correct him/her on the proper draft etiquette.

I just thought your post was funny enough to poke fun at ;)

Dyv
Just Some Guy

Worst Russian Ever

Feedback for KP

Post by Worst Russian Ever » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Walla is right and he ain't whining. He ain't the type. The way the Acution was done works fine. Players were moved maybe 3 times during the whole auction. If you want no problems next year then put players by position.
Of all the things I lost.....I miss my mind the most. Ozzy