Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

Money

Re: Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

Post by Money » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Team Anonymous is now officially in the NFBC Platinum and it will consist of KJ Duke, Jon Stadtmueller and Rick Thomas. This three-headed monster is all set and ready to go as we finalize the 15 participants in this great debut event. Thanks all.
Yikes!!! Can't we just give Massotto a 2nd team instead?!? :shock:
The dawning of a new day has arrived in the NFBC and it will add flavor and color to the "Premier (individual league) Event" (not including the 12 team Super of course). I love the fact that every participant will not have a love(y) dove(y) feeling for each of his opponents. I go to the drafts to have fun and I leave them knowing I'm competing against the best.

What makes this world go round is the fact that we're all different. The posts in advance of this event will probably be entertainment in themselves.

Those of you that have drafted with me in the past can expect nothing different with the exception of having a partner. Hopefully he can put up with me, as far as the rest of you, you have no choice. 8-)

Cocktails & Money will be in the house.
Last edited by Money on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe

Texas Connection

Post by Texas Connection » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 pm

I was intrigued by the 102% payout of this game. I thought back to the night after the draft in Vegas when Shawn, KJ, RT, Potts, and I all got together throwing the baseball bean bag at the draft boards to pick a fantasy team based on last years stats. We kept thinking the security guards at the Bellagio were going to come in and stop us. Shawn's 65 mile per hour fast ball made a lot of noise on the cardboard. I thought what if the 5 of us got together and picked a team. I called each of them up and got one consistent answer. "Jon, that sounds great.... but why do we need you?" I said that I was the idea man and I was putting it all together. "How will we decide who we are going to take?" It was a tough vision to sell. I guess a 20 grand experiment sounded a little crazy. The other question they kept asking me was, "Are we 100% sure Mike is in? Can you call Greg to double check?" In the end, Rick and KJ agreed to be the brains of the operation and I volunteered to guard Rick's top secret boards from prying eyes.

Jon Stat Muller

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:47 am

This league is shaping up to be a good one but I think the payout is probably a little better than the 102%. I think we can take team Bama off the tentative cause I don't me missing this one. Looks like team Bama is behind in acquiring talent to help in the cause though.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:45 am

Bama wrote:This league is shaping up to be a good one but I think the payout is probably a little better than the 102%. I think we can take team Bama off the tentative cause I don't me missing this one. Looks like team Bama is behind in acquiring talent to help in the cause though.
Sounds good Ken. I need to confirm with Nick yet and then we're set. He just added the Diamond League with me yesterday, so I'm trying to see if he still wants the Platinum, too. Otherwise we're good. Thanks all and good luck.

1st Annual NFBC Platinum League
Saturday, March 30th, 6 pm PT
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Stephen Jupinka/Bob Particelli
6. Will Tyrer
7. David Hubbard/Derek Pierson
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
11. Peter Berall
12. Ken Norred
13. KJ Duke/Jon Stadtmueller/Rick Thomas
14. Joe Berg/Chad Schroeder
15. Nick Cassavetes (tenative)
16. Kevin Schiller (tentative)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 am

Bama wrote:This league is shaping up to be a good one but I think the payout is probably a little better than the 102%. I think we can take team Bama off the tentative cause I don't me missing this one. Looks like team Bama is behind in acquiring talent to help in the cause though.
I predict this will be your next announcement (See Attached) :)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5194/6970 ... 8478_b.jpg
Joe

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Money wrote:
I predict this will be your next announcement (See Attached) :)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5194/6970 ... 8478_b.jpg
Love it! Gotta get that on a shirt.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:08 am

Nick is good to go. It looks like we have a solid, committed 15 owners. After the New Year's, I'll send an email out to all owners to discuss pertinent matters like how we'll do KDS, when we'll select draft spots, etc. Should be fun. Thanks all.

Here's the lineup card for this debut NFBC Platinum League:

1st Annual NFBC Platinum League
Saturday, March 30th, 6 pm PT
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto
2. Scott Fleming
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Stephen Jupinka/Bob Particelli
6. Will Tyrer
7. David Hubbard/Derek Pierson
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
11. Peter Berall
12. Ken Norred
13. KJ Duke/Jon Stadtmueller/Rick Thomas
14. Joe Berg/Chad Schroeder
15. Nick Cassavetes
16. Kevin Schiller (tentative)
17. Stephen Kim
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 am

Not so fast there, Mr. Ambrosius. There is a change that I would like to announce that will affect the owner participation in this league. After all the abuse that I have been taking on this thread, I came to realize this past Friday that I was waaaaaaaay in over my head in this league. The truth of the matter is when I went up and down this list of talent and was struck by the magnitude of this veritable rogue's gallery of the NFBC's best, I felt the need to withdraw from this competition. I quickly called my close friend and fellow competitor, Scott Fleming, to inform him of my decision. He was to say the least heartbroken. He quickly reminded me of my recent MTM Super win against some of the NFBC's best. I was still not convinced. He went on to rave about my recent early season DC drafts that I had shared with him, and just how amazed he was that I could draft such dominant teams and against such strong, early season competition, himself included. I was still leery.

"What about KJ Duke?" I asked fearfully.

"He's not worth shit now, especially since he hooked up himself up with Mr.Old Refrigerator Box and that redneck Statfooler." He snapped. "Besides, what's their draft strategy going to consist of, more late night bean bag tossing?! Gimme a friggin' break!" Fleming offered.

"You make some excellent points, bro" I said. "But there's still Jupinka..."

"Has been and never will be again. Why do you think he lowered himself to partner up with Particelli? They'll probably show up wearing matching sandals...and just wait until the fun begins when they're competitors in the Diamond the next day. Yeah, that'll work!" He sneered.

"You're starting to convince me...and there's no guarantee that Cassavetes is even going to make bail for whatever latest brush with the law he's sure to be entangled in. And we know that Team 100 Proof, Schroeder and Berg, will be half in the bag by round five. Not to mention senility has all but caught up with Johnson and Tyrer..."

"Exactly, my man.We're on the same page." Fleming opined.

"Still, there is Stanard and Berall." I said.

"Let's be serious, bro. Stanard can only win with a gimmick, and stupidity doesn't count. And Berall is Canadian. If ice and snow aren't involved, he's lost. Enough said."

"Man, I never looked at it that way. And we both know that Norred is coming off his Main Event Overall Championship, and lightning sure as hell isn't going to strike twice for that dude. Bad enough that he pulled that feat off with Semsel, and now he expects to jump in solo with these sharks and pull off a miracle?! Not happening." I quipped.

"No doubt. And we both know Lowy is Jewish, so that $20,000 entrance fee might as well be like a million dollars for him, so he'll be wound so tight at the draft table, they might have to ventilate him the first time Schroter snipes one of his guys." Fleming laughed.

"Hubbard and Pierson then?"

"Another pair of hapless gimmick players with no chance against you, my brother." Fleming quickly added.

"Then all that leaves is DiDonato and Schroter as my main competition then, except you of course, my friend." I said.

"No, you mean our main competition, bro'." Fleming added.

"Are you suggesting a partnership then?!" I inquired excitedly.

"Yeah man, I don't want to compete against you in this thing. You're too much of a secret weapon, and I think we'd make a lethal combination with our knowledge and skill combined with the psychological warfare element that you bring to the table. These poor bastards won't stand a chance!" Fleming said with mutual excitement.

"Well then let's do it! And that means Schiller will probably be pulled in for the last spot, and his 48.5 point showing in our Diamond last year isn't going to scare anyone." I observed.

"You're dead on brother. Make the call to Greg and let him know."

"I will man, but you need to make a call yourself." I said.

"To who, Childs?" Fleming inquired.

"Yes. Tell him we don't need his help, but if I catch him aiding and abetting anyone else in this draft I'm going to have his legs broken and a ten pin shoved up his ass just for good measure."I volunteered.

"Check. Will do." Fleming agreed.

And with that, the 2014 Platinum Dream Team was formed. So Greg, if you would be so kind as to make this official, I would appreciate it. In the meantime I will be busy dealing with the fallout from this little gem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-MTM

P.S. Your suffering is going to be legendary, boys. And it's only just begun!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 am

all I can say is.....what a pussy. All muscles, no balls

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:57 am

What the hell was Fleming thinking? I suppose he felt charitable during this holiday season. Though I'm sure when he wakes up from his egg nog induced coma, he'll have second thoughts. Still, in the meantime this "historic" pairing has inspired me to think about other great partnerships in sports history.....Gretzky and Messier, Jordan and Pippen, Cosell, Meredith, and Gifford, and of course those of our National Pastime.

A list of duos or partnerships in all facets of baseball history listed in order of the reverence and respect they garner from their peers and fans everywhere......

- Ruth and Gehrig
- Willie, Mickey, and the Duke
- Koufax and Drysdale
- Mantle and Maris
- Tinkers to Evers to Chance
- Seaver and Koosman (I know, should be 1st)
- The bat and the ball
- Ambrosius and Kessenich
- Andy Nolan and Chris Stephenson
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- Peanuts and Cracker Jack
- Baseball cards and bubble gum
- Abbott and Costello
- Kevin Costner and Susan Surandon
- Morgana and George Brett
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- Arnold Rothstein, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, and the Black Sox
- Pete Rose and his bookie
- McGwire and Sosa (and their chemists)
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- Fred and Jeff Wilpon and Bernie Madoff
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- Jock itch and athlete's foot
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- v
- Massotto and Fleming

Massotto and Fleming trying to decide who to take in the 1st round of the Platinum. Should be fun to watch. :mrgreen:

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:16 am

Very funny stuff. The NFBC needs to televise this draft. The $20,000 entry fee is way too rich for my blood, but I'd happily pay $20 to watch this draft on pay per view.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:43 am

One moment Scott was standing on solid ground then ......................

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 am

I love all the partnerships in this draft. Each duo or trio announced because of the makings of a fantasy monster.
No mention of the extreme costs at hand.
It does remind me of a 'story'.

I went into a restaurant.
There was a sign overhead.
It said...
Cheese Sandwich: $1.50

Chicken Sandwich: $2.50

Hand job: $20.00

A very pretty waitress came over to take my order.
"Can I help you, Sir?"

"Yes, are you the one that gives the hand jobs?"

"Yes, I am"

"Go wash your hands and get me a cheese sandwich!"

On this thread, I picture a waitress with carpal tunnel :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:34 am

Is this real or just part of the story? I thought Mike and Scott were the first two owners to sign up for this league? Are we really looking for another owner here??
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:40 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I love all the partnerships in this draft. Each duo or trio announced because of the makings of a fantasy monster.
No doubt Doughy. Though to be fair, a $20K entry fee for a fantasy baseball league is no joke. However, for whatever reason these partnerships were created, 4 of them do bring the image of a fantasy monster to mind.

The other....well, let's just say a different image comes to mind there.

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:31 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I love all the partnerships in this draft. Each duo or trio announced because of the makings of a fantasy monster.
It does remind me of a 'story'.

I went into a restaurant.
There was a sign overhead.
It said...
Cheese Sandwich: $1.50

Chicken Sandwich: $2.50

Hand job: $20.00

A very pretty waitress came over to take my order.
"Can I help you, Sir?"

"Yes, are you the one that gives the hand jobs?"

"Yes, I am"

"Go wash your hands and get me a cheese sandwich!"

On this thread, I picture a waitress with carpal tunnel :D
Great story/joke....started laughing and spit up my food....my wife was sitting across from me...she sprung up thinking i was choking :shock: .....but on a serious note $20,000 is a lot of cash for anybody to drop....partnerships aren't a bad idea...it worked for the main event last year....finally....i would also be interested in hearing/seeing the event broadcast...maybe with commentary during the break(s).

Krys

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:57 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Is this real or just part of the story? I thought Mike and Scott were the first two owners to sign up for this league? Are we really looking for another owner here??
Yes Greg, this is real. I left you a message on your cell about it on Friday. I just felt that things were getting a little stale and boring with this league, so a new partnership was formed. :mrgreen: Scott asked me to post something and let you know. Call me if you have any questions. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Damn, payout percentage just went down with one less dead money team. :(

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Is this real or just part of the story? I thought Mike and Scott were the first two owners to sign up for this league? Are we really looking for another owner here??
Yes Greg, this is real. I left you a message on your cell about it on Friday. I just felt that things were getting a little stale and boring with this league, so a new partnership was formed. :mrgreen: Scott asked me to post something and let you know. Call me if you have any questions. Thanks.
I must have missed it while Christmas shopping. Time to find a 15th owner then.

ONE SPOT LEFT!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Bama wrote:Damn, payout percentage just went down with one less dead money team. :(
Wait, did you drop out of this league? :P :lol: You should have just taken the money and ran. However, The Platinum Dream Team truly appreciates your 2014 donation. :mrgreen: 8-)

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:49 pm

"Yeah Greg? Scott here. I don't know what the hell happened last night. You should see me man, I'm in bad shape. On top of it I just lost 10k. You gotta get me out of this mess... Greg? Greg?? Hello ??? "
Attachments
Hangover-movie-23.jpg
The next 9 months handcuffed to Massotto. Fleming must have been a bad boy in a previous life
Hangover-movie-23.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 5343 times

Money

Post by Money » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I've been on some benders in my day, but this tops the cake!! Mr. Fleming your hangover must be of epic proportions today. I feel for you as I always take the consequences of my actions like an man and am sure you will do the same.

Did you not realize that the boys in NY threw MtM a bone last year to simply keep him in the game?

His 27.5 point showing in the 12 team super last season is one that can never be duplicated. You'd have a better chance with this partner. They ought to sell tickets to this one!!
Attachments
Unknown.jpg
Unknown.jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
Joe

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Not so fast there, Mr. Ambrosius. There is a change that I would like to announce that will affect the owner participation in this league. After all the abuse that I have been taking on this thread, I came to realize this past Friday that I was waaaaaaaay in over my head in this league. The truth of the matter is when I went up and down this list of talent and was struck by the magnitude of this veritable rogue's gallery of the NFBC's best, I felt the need to withdraw from this competition. I quickly called my close friend and fellow competitor, Scott Fleming, to inform him of my decision. He was to say the least heartbroken. He quickly reminded me of my recent MTM Super win against some of the NFBC's best. I was still not convinced. He went on to rave about my recent early season DC drafts that I had shared with him, and just how amazed he was that I could draft such dominant teams and against such strong, early season competition, himself included. I was still leery.

"What about KJ Duke?" I asked fearfully.

"He's not worth shit now, especially since he hooked up himself up with Mr.Old Refrigerator Box and that redneck Statfooler." He snapped. "Besides, what's their draft strategy going to consist of, more late night bean bag tossing?! Gimme a friggin' break!" Fleming offered.

"You make some excellent points, bro" I said. "But there's still Jupinka..."

"Has been and never will be again. Why do you think he lowered himself to partner up with Particelli? They'll probably show up wearing matching sandals...and just wait until the fun begins when they're competitors in the Diamond the next day. Yeah, that'll work!" He sneered.

"You're starting to convince me...and there's no guarantee that Cassavetes is even going to make bail for whatever latest brush with the law he's sure to be entangled in. And we know that Team 100 Proof, Schroeder and Berg, will be half in the bag by round five. Not to mention senility has all but caught up with Johnson and Tyrer..."

"Exactly, my man.We're on the same page." Fleming opined.

"Still, there is Stanard and Berall." I said.

"Let's be serious, bro. Stanard can only win with a gimmick, and stupidity doesn't count. And Berall is Canadian. If ice and snow aren't involved, he's lost. Enough said."

"Man, I never looked at it that way. And we both know that Norred is coming off his Main Event Overall Championship, and lightning sure as hell isn't going to strike twice for that dude. Bad enough that he pulled that feat off with Semsel, and now he expects to jump in solo with these sharks and pull off a miracle?! Not happening." I quipped.

"No doubt. And we both know Lowy is Jewish, so that $20,000 entrance fee might as well be like a million dollars for him, so he'll be wound so tight at the draft table, they might have to ventilate him the first time Schroter snipes one of his guys." Fleming laughed.

"Hubbard and Pierson then?"

"Another pair of hapless gimmick players with no chance against you, my brother." Fleming quickly added.

"Then all that leaves is DiDonato and Schroter as my main competition then, except you of course, my friend." I said.

"No, you mean our main competition, bro'." Fleming added.

"Are you suggesting a partnership then?!" I inquired excitedly.

"Yeah man, I don't want to compete against you in this thing. You're too much of a secret weapon, and I think we'd make a lethal combination with our knowledge and skill combined with the psychological warfare element that you bring to the table. These poor bastards won't stand a chance!" Fleming said with mutual excitement.

"Well then let's do it! And that means Schiller will probably be pulled in for the last spot, and his 48.5 point showing in our Diamond last year isn't going to scare anyone." I observed.

"You're dead on brother. Make the call to Greg and let him know."

"I will man, but you need to make a call yourself." I said.

"To who, Childs?" Fleming inquired.

"Yes. Tell him we don't need his help, but if I catch him aiding and abetting anyone else in this draft I'm going to have his legs broken and a ten pin shoved up his ass just for good measure."I volunteered.

"Check. Will do." Fleming agreed.

And with that, the 2014 Platinum Dream Team was formed. So Greg, if you would be so kind as to make this official, I would appreciate it. In the meantime I will be busy dealing with the fallout from this little gem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-MTM

P.S. Your suffering is going to be legendary, boys. And it's only just begun!
Great post Steve! Exactly how I felt when reading this.

Wow. All I can say is that if anyone here actually believes the above conversation took place, I have a bridge to sell you also.
Truth is Mike started to get rattled with all the badgering and was looking for the exit door. I had him over for coffee and he somehow got a hold of a private tape of mine. Next thing I know he is my partner. Greg, please hold off a few days, as I am trying to negotiate an alternative settlement with him.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:07 pm

la Jolla wrote: Wow. All I can say is that if anyone here actually believes the above conversation took place, I have a bridge to sell you also.
Truth is Mike started to get rattled with all the badgering and was looking for the exit door. I had him over for coffee and he somehow got a hold of a private tape of mine. Next thing I know he is my partner. Greg, please hold off a few days, as I am trying to negotiate an alternative settlement with him.
Yeah, we on the MB collectively screwed that up !

Should've been blowin' smoke up his ass about his one win 3 years ago. :lol:

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm just as guilty. I've been breaking his chops since last season when he ran out of FAAB before the All Star break in the Diamond. :shock: