Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

MadCow Sez

Re: Win $200,000 In The Debut NFBC Platinum League

Post by MadCow Sez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Wait...so MTM actually won something?
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

MadCow Sez wrote:Wait...so MTM actually won something?
Yes, I think it was the Inaugural MtM Invitational One Man Overall.

Mikey may have been the only entry, but he did win going away, and always, I mean always seemed to have the winning FAAB bid (that is until he ran out of FAAB at the All-Star break).

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:00 pm

He took down the NJ Super against some of the best last year champ.....Outside of FAAB management :) I think he is a really good player.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:35 pm

la Jolla wrote:
He took down the NJ Super against some of the best last year champ.....Outside of FAAB management :) I think he is a really good player.
I don't know Scott. He has pretty much labeled everyone in that group as a big pile of suck :D So he has successfully chiseled that accomplishment down to nothing :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Quahogs wrote:
la Jolla wrote:
I don't know Scott. He has pretty much labeled everyone in that group as a big pile of suck :D So he has successfully chiseled that accomplishment down to nothing :lol:
Read between the lines Juprinka. Obviously the tape Massotto has on Fleming is a lot more incriminating than originally suspected. :shock:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:58 am

True dat Lowry. No wonder Massotto was pushing the Rhino big time last March. la Jolla must have let his guard down. Man I sure sidestepped that one or I'd be singing his praises here myself ! :lol:

MtM at the Rhino keeping on "eye" on his buddy la Jolla... :?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 6233 times

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:22 am

You guys are over complicating it! It's quite simple actually. The two brightest fantasy baseball minds of the 21st century decided to get together to "lay the smack down" on this eclectic group of owners!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Quahogs wrote:True dat Lowry. No wonder Massotto was pushing the Rhino big time last March. la Jolla must have let his guard down. Man I sure sidestepped that one or I'd be singing his praises here myself ! :lol:

MtM at the Rhino keeping on "eye" on his buddy la Jolla... :?

LMAO

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Kevin Schiller or Jim Ferrari will likely fill this last spot. Kevin has first dibs, but is on vacation this week and will let us know shortly. Jim is a go if a spot opens up, so we're in good shape here. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!

This thread is full of Jokes and Pranks. I'd just like to take a moment to say I hope everyone in the NFBC has a wonderful Holiday.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.49 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:06 am

Jim Ferrari has officially taken the last spot in the NFBC Platinum League, so our lineup is set. We needed one final owner after Mike Massotto and Scott Fleming joined forces, so thanks Jim for stepping in. This is a GREAT group of owners and this should be a BLAST. Here's the final lineup card for this one:

1st Annual NFBC Platinum League
Saturday, March 30th, 6 pm PT
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Mike Massotto/Scott Fleming
2. Jim Ferrari
3. Donn Johnson
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Stephen Jupinka/Bob Particelli
6. Will Tyrer
7. Nick Cassavetes
8. Jim Stanard
9. Glenn Lowy
10. David DiDonato
11. Peter Berall
12. Ken Norred
13. KJ Duke/Jon Stadtmueller/Rick Thomas
14. Joe Berg/Chad Schroeder
15. David Hubbard/Derek Pierson
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 am

We had a fantastic discussion with our friends at SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and they are very excited to be part of our debut NFBC Platinum League. We have some details to work out, but we all agree that broadcasting this live from Las Vegas makes sense. We'll do all we can to make stars out of you folks before during and after this draft, so be prepared. I mean, some of you are already stars, so you don't need our help, but .... 8-)

We are all excited to take this event to great heights and it's also caught the eyes of the new Fantasy Sports Network, the new 24-hour fantasy sports TV network. There are great possibilities for this league, so stay tuned. This league has definitely caught the fancy of the industry!!!

Good luck all and stay tuned for more details. And now that we have a set league of 15 owners, look for emails to decide how and when we're going to do KDS and draft slots. We can be very conservative, very aggressive or maybe even very dramatic with those slot announcements. Let's come to a consensus and plan accordingly. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:13 am

Nice. If you were waiting to see if this would fill...hurry up and join the DIamond

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:35 pm

And now that we have a set league of 15 owners, look for emails to decide how and when we're going to do KDS and draft slots. We can be very conservative, very aggressive or maybe even very dramatic with those slot announcements. Let's come to a consensus and plan accordingly. Thanks all.

From what I understand as I remember it when it was first billed, this was to be a a live "iron balls" KDS drawing and event. It's really the only way to go with this. It works great for the MTM Super in NYC, and everyone loves the fun and drama of it which will play out extremely well for the Sirus/XM audience, too...not to mention for the TV coverage by the 24 hour fantasy sports network which is sure to come next. :D 8-) I made up 15 baseballs with the team owners names on them that were drawn by the previous year's champ out of a MLB bucket. He announced the names as they were drawn, tossed the ball to the owners as a souvenir, and they chose their draft position preferences at the table as he did. It worked great and everyone loved it. Something similar should be done for this. Maybe have some NFBC balls made up. Ha! I just made a funny there. I suggested Greg get some balls! :roll: But no way is there going to be or should there be a need for a consensus on the KDS. Make the call like we did for the MTM. We had a couple of naysayers in that one initially, but it ended up being fine with no issues.

I also believe that it would be cool to have the much cliched, "Mother of all Fantasy Baseball Championship Trophies" designed and made for this competition given that it truly is.

A private reception and meet and greet for all the participants the night prior somewhere would be a nice touch. (The Rhino doesn't count, so don't ask! ;) :lol: ) It would be a good chance to have the media there to do interviews and focus on the personalities of the game, while being able to laugh at Particelli's wardrobe choices, incite KJ and Berg into a bar brawl, and other fun shit like that. :mrgreen:

Just some ideas to get the ball rolling...

Okay, I'm taking odds on how much of this Greg will say can't be done by the time he reads this in the morning after he wakes up and is done raking the newest couple of feet of snow off of his roof. :P :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am

I believe this thread could use a little attention. I think it was left out in the cold yesterday. Anyone? :o ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am

Iron balls, meh. Been there done that. I don't know Mouth I personally just want to come in the room dump my crap in my spot, fire up the devices, dig out the sheets and shoot the sh!t. Your iron balls fire drill is too chaotic. Everyone just stands around with a boatload of gear and nowhere to park it. I can see it now...

We can't start until the last person shows - which would be Fleming at 5:59 due to his metro primping..

Lowry comes in with his 100ft extension cord - if he doesn't situate it right away 3 people trip on it and 2 others are strangled :?

Where are Chad and Joe going to park their 3 cases of tall boys ? Hubbard with his 4?

RT needs to construct his cardboard shelter and still have room for the other 6 guys in their team...

You can't expect Donn to stand too long :D Or Stanard while holding his skis or King holding his Makers Mark 46 :lol:

I don't know Mike, I think I'd like my draft slot ASAP so I can prep and plan, plan and prep...I recall the chinese fire drill during your 1st MtM Super - I lost my SS list and the ice cream Roy brought for me melted.. :cry:
Last edited by Quahogs on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:54 am

Quahogs wrote:Iron balls, meh. Been there done that. I don't know Mouth I personally just want to come in the dump my crap in my spot, fire up the devices, dig out the sheets and shoot the sh!t. Your iron balls fire drill is too chaotic. Everyone just stands around with a boatload of gear and nowhere to park it. I can see it now...

We can't start until the last person shows - which would be Fleming at 5:59 due to his metro primping..

Lowry comes in with his 100ft extension cord - if he doesn't situate it right away 3 people trip on it and 2 others are strangled :?

Where are Chad and Joe going to park their 3 cases of tall boys ? Hubbard with his 4?

RT needs to construct his cardboard shelter and still have room for the other 6 guys in their team...

You can't expect Donn to stand too long :D Or Stanard while holding his skis or King holding his Makers Mark 46 :lol:

I don't know Mike, I think I'd like my draft slot ASAP so I can prep and plan, plan and prep...I recall the chinese fire drill during your 1st MtM Super - I lost my SS list and the ice cream Roy brought for me melted.. :cry:
Fully support my partner.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 am

Quahogs wrote:Lowry comes in with his 100ft extension cord - if he doesn't situate it right away 3 people trip on it and 2 others are strangled :?
Juprinka, you'll be happy to know that I've upgraded my computer systems to ones with working batteries, so the extension cord is no more. :D I've also paid all the OSHA fines from the last time. :?

As far as Iron Balls KDS, I'm OK either way. However Mikey, I don't think Greg can just make a call on this. Everyone is going to have to be on board. We can't lose any current commitments if anyone's uncomfortable with the idea. It's not like there's a line of players willing to commit $20K to a fantasy baseball league out there breaking down Greg's door for a spot right now. Unless of course we split you and Fleming up again if needed. :mrgreen:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:57 am

Since MTM will EASILY be the least prepared (other than his NFBC ADP list) he figures that an iron balls KDS will level the playing field!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jim.s

Post by jim.s » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Quahogs wrote:Iron balls, meh. Been there done that. I don't know Mouth I personally just want to come in the room dump my crap in my spot, fire up the devices, dig out the sheets and shoot the sh!t. Your iron balls fire drill is too chaotic. Everyone just stands around with a boatload of gear and nowhere to park it. I can see it now...

I agree. I'd rather know my draft spot while I'm doing my prep.

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Im with Mikey on this. Wish we did all leagues this way. Surprised some of you big time players scared of this. I don't really know exactly what spot I like best till right before the draft and that's usually way too late with this system we got now.

Prepping for just one spot a little lame for some of you experts. Man up and prep for all scenerios

Maybe get everyone together right after the main events and do it like this. that would give you guys 4 or 5 hrs of prepping for one spot, should be plenty of time for any expert to construct a plan.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm

You clearly have a set of iron balls bama ! Maybe you and Mikey can throw your picks in a hat and have a little suspense come draft day :lol: Me, I'll just sit back and watch y'all play musical chairs.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am

"Iron Balls KDS" can easily be coordinated in advance that weekend either prior to the draft as an event in and of itself, or just prior with enough advance notice (like now) to all of the participants. It's not like there is some sort of rush to get this draft done that Saturday night. Where the hell does anyone have to be afterwards other than partying, gambling, or whatever. Unless of course you're either Juprinka or Stanard who apparently have some sort of wife-imposed curfew that has you in your hotel room in your jammies by like 11:00 p.m. before you turn into a pumpkin or something. :roll: C'mon! Even Greg alluded to doing the KDS this way way back when he first announced the addition of the Platinum Event. If it helps Jupinka, I will hire a bell hop to carry all of your shit for you to the draft and hold it for you so you don't have to strain yourself until you have your official seat to sit down in. :roll: :P I swear, I have never seen a bigger bunch of wussies (that's part wimp, part pussies) when it comes to doing this sort of out-of-the-box, fun stuff with guys who are putting up this kind of money in the first place. Show some balls, and like Bama said, prove that you can win from whatever draft spot you end up in on the day of the draft with whatever strategy you will be employing. The NFBC needs this type of hype and exposure, and a live KDS drawing with the top, high stakes fantasy baseball players in the world with media coverage and commentary helps promote us and this competition.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:29 am

6. Random League/Draft Spot Selections
The NFBC Platinum League will close after the first 15 owners are signed up and paid. We will add additional draft dates if demand exceeds the current lineup of draft dates. We also will implement the Kentucky Derby Style (KDS) process, as described in Section 5, to allow owners more draft preference. The KDS process allows owners to rank their order of preference for Draft Day, ranking their preferences 1 through 15 BEFORE the leagues are selected. If an owner wants the third pick and he is selected No. 1 overall in his league, he would choose that option and he would then be moved to third in that league on Draft Day. NFBC officials will look at every owner's Draft Preferences after the leagues and orders are randomly selected and then announce the draft orders for each league. Once an owner has officially signed up for the contest, this feature is available at the game website under their team link. Click on the team link and you will see the Draft Order ranked 1 through 15 and the option to change those preferences next to them. If you decide not to rank your preferences, your preferred order will remain 1 through 15. Owners can change their Draft Preferences right up until the announced deadline is set.

NFBC Platinum Leagues have all live drafters in Las Vegas, but if one or more owners can’t make it to Las Vegas for the live draft we do reserve the right to allow those owners to participate via teleconference. The draft order for the Platinum League will be pulled live in Las Vegas on the weekend of the live draft.

It seems to me that how the KDS is to be done for this league was already decided upon as referenced above in Greg's initial post on the rules for this competition. So if it's going to a live drawing in Vegas, we might as well make an event out of it and do it live just prior to the draft itself...

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:17 am

:lol: :lol: Thanks for the clarification on "wussies" I always thought it was Massotto speak for part "holy crap I just entered the Platinum and flushed 20k down the toilet" and part "whew I'm lucky I just nabbed big game hunter Fleming as my partner so now I have half a chance in hell as opposed to zero as long as I don't speak on draft day" :lol: