Free STATS PASS Available To NFBC Owners

Greg Ambrosius

Free STATS PASS Available To NFBC Owners

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 am

One of the best analytic tools STATS provides for MLB scouts, general managers, managers and players is a tool called STATS Pass. It has a lot of statistical breakdowns of current players and a solid history of former players. It's not sold to consumers as it's only available to MLB executives.

However, for the past several years we have given it FREE to NFBC owners who buy multiple Main Events or sign up for any of the NFBC Super, Ultimate, Diamond or Platinum Leagues. Look for an email invitation to use STATS PASS shortly after you sign up for these contests and we'll get you access to this site. You will have access to it during the entire off-season. Here's a look at what is offered:

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/statspass.asp

The sooner you sign up, the sooner you get access to the site. There is a $100 fee if you want to continue using it during the regular season. Thanks for all of the early signups everyone and enjoy the service.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

joshguy

Re: Free STATS PASS Available To NFBC Owners

Post by joshguy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:18 pm

how about us owners who sign up for an ultimates worth of DC's? :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:42 pm

joshguy wrote:how about us owners who sign up for an ultimates worth of DC's? :lol:
Yeah, we have it automated to send out invites to people who sign up for two Mains, three live events or any of the high-dollar private leagues, but if you spend over $2,500 in DCs just let me know and we'll see what we can do. It makes sense.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:There is a $100 fee if you want to continue using it during the regular season.
Am I correct that the above statement means we can sign up for STATS PASS now but don't get charged until April? We can opt out before then or if we qualify we will get it free?

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:39 am

Deadheadz wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:There is a $100 fee if you want to continue using it during the regular season.
Am I correct that the above statement means we can sign up for STATS PASS now but don't get charged until April? We can opt out before then or if we qualify we will get it free?

Cheers!
No, that's a regular season offer.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 am

[/quote]

I'm confused then. Doesn't "continue using" after paying the $100 fee imply there's an opportunity to use it at no cost before the regular season? Or is it just those who have already signed up to the big money games who get the free trial?

And as far as an equivalent, what is the target number someone needs to spend in combined entries to get the stats pass for free? I saw the suggestion of $2500 worth of DCs but what about one ME, 2 DCs, and 3+ OCs? Is there a dollar amount I can shoot for?

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:43 pm

bump
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
I'm confused then. Doesn't "continue using" after paying the $100 fee imply there's an opportunity to use it at no cost before the regular season? Or is it just those who have already signed up to the big money games who get the free trial?

And as far as an equivalent, what is the target number someone needs to spend in combined entries to get the stats pass for free? I saw the suggestion of $2500 worth of DCs but what about one ME, 2 DCs, and 3+ OCs? Is there a dollar amount I can shoot for?

Cheers![/quote]

Yes, it's free in the off-season to those who buy multiple Main Events, Supers, Ultimates, Diamonds or Platinums. It's $100 during the season to any NFBC owner who wants it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Yes, it's free in the off-season to those who buy multiple Main Events, Supers, Ultimates, Diamonds or Platinums. It's $100 during the season to any NFBC owner who wants it.
So you're saying if you pay for it you only get to use it in-season? I guess that's one way to encourage multiple entries.
I'll ask again...is there a dollar figure we need to reach to get it free if we're doing a combination many DCs, OCs and only one ME? $2500? $3000?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: Yes, it's free in the off-season to those who buy multiple Main Events, Supers, Ultimates, Diamonds or Platinums. It's $100 during the season to any NFBC owner who wants it.
So you're saying if you pay for it you only get to use it in-season? I guess that's one way to encourage multiple entries.
I'll ask again...is there a dollar figure we need to reach to get it free if we're doing a combination many DCs, OCs and only one ME? $2500? $3000?
$2,500.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:29 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:is there a dollar figure we need to reach to get it free if we're doing a combination many DCs, OCs and only one ME?
$2,500.
Alrightly then, I'm over the $2500 but haven't seen the invitation you described in the original post in this thread. How do players who've spent $2500+ get their STATS PASS access?

Thanks
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

James Maples

Post by James Maples » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 am

I am over the $2500 mark. If this qualifies me, I would like to receive the Stats Pass.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:07 am

I guess I am as well. Damn. That kind of snuck up on me. :oops:

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Should we just go to the My Teams page, then click on STATS PASS in the top right side and sign up for it with the Pay by Check option, then send email to Tom asking him to waive the fee based on amount spent already?

Let us know STATS. Please?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Deadheadz wrote:Should we just go to the My Teams page, then click on STATS PASS in the top right side and sign up for it with the Pay by Check option, then send email to Tom asking him to waive the fee based on amount spent already?

Let us know STATS. Please?
The STATS Pass promotion lasts through the off-season. It doesn't continue into the season. Sorry. Hopefully those who did get it enjoyed it during their preparation. It's a nice source of data.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

James Maples

Post by James Maples » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

It would have been nice giving it a try to see if it is worth the money.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am

Greg,
Does stats pass include minor league players? If so, I am happy to pay the 100. Pls let me know

Great job in ny this year!!